New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2005 :  10:02:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
...your girlfriend breaks up with you because she isn't ready for a relationship, and then a month later you see her and her boyfriend holding hands, walking on campus.

No offense to the women on the board, especially Pam and Teri, but your gender is malicious, deceitful, and conniving. And I'm going to go get drunk.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2005 :  10:45:29 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
let's not even bother getting into "who's worse girls are guys" argument. because for every stupid idiot guy you've known, there's a female counter part. for every lying, decieving bitch you know, there's a male counter part. dating is a contest of who can be the worst person in order to gain power in a relationship. and yeah, that might sound bitter, but the statement (which is true) created the bitterness. not the other way around. i've known a lot of girls. i can think of 3 that aren't like what arthen says.

anyway, arthen. i've a suggestion. like most of my advice, it's childish and spiteful. you should probably warn this boyfriend that a month ago she wasn't ready for a relationship. when you tell him, don't come off as angry or anything. just sound really serious, like you're concerned for her as a friend. or at act like you're leveling with a fellow dude. yeah, he won't believe you, but it'll be there at least. and if she confronts you about it, you get the amusment of watching her weasle her way around her own words.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2005 :  10:49:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I doubt she'll have the balls to come and talk to me.

And while I'll probably not take your advice, I'd rather be done with the whole thing, your words are very entertaining. That's what I like about you Dan.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  03:59:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
At least you didn't date someone for 6 months and have her dump you for her career over the phone. This didn't happen to me.....it happened to.....a friend of mine....yeah....that's the ticket!

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

Jiyra
Chatterbox

124 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  1:57:51 PM  Show Profile  Send Jiyra an AOL message  Reply with Quote
at least you didn't go for a drive only to find your girlfriend of two years and your best friend parking, only to find out after she dumped you on the spot, that she had 5 other "boyfriends" at the same time, and that DID happen to me!

I think I win, but at least I don't have a VD

silly girl, sanity is for boys
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  2:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Honestly, I don't mind that you won. This is definitely a contest I don't want to win.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  2:28:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was once audience to a bar story of a guy who was with a girl for 8 months. He found out that she had lied to him about everything.. her age, her job, where she lived, and even her NAME. WTF? Needless to say, he was enjoying a handful of cold ones.

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2005 :  4:17:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reality is that all females can be bitches at times (even me, I admit it!) and all males can be pricks at times but the fact of the matter is that while the truth may hurt, lying hurts worse!

Obviously she was using a line so she didn't have to say the truth, more than likely because she didn't want to "hurt" your feelings. Most of us have had this done to us or did it to others at some time in our lives. Doesn't make it right and doesn't make it hurt less.

I wish people respected each others more.

Jiyra, that truly sucks. That's beyond being a bitch!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Muskrat
Chatterbox

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  12:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Muskrat's Homepage  Send Muskrat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Malicious, deceitful, and conniving...
Ah yes, a fellow male re-discovers what he's known for a long time: Girls are EVIL!

"You know, if you live long enough, eventually you're gonna die." -Words of wisdom from my dad
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2005 :  02:43:16 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i'll go ahead and do this before someone else does.

BOO HOO GENERALIZATION BOO HOO.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  12:50:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So what exactly is the difference between a generalization and a stereotype?

Is a stereotype limited to ethnic connotations?
Can generalizations be good and bad?
Can stereotypes only be bad?

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

Jiyra
Chatterbox

124 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2005 :  2:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Jiyra an AOL message  Reply with Quote
don't you hate it when...your mother says "I blew my wad on scrapbooking stuff" or "I only ever saw a little snatch of that movie" my mother is permanently banned from saying those phrases in my presence.

silly girl, sanity is for boys
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2005 :  11:50:52 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i don't think a generalization by itself isn't really good or bad. it's all in the application. i use them quite often. i organize people in general into neat little groups with traits and characeristics. and i'll say things like i said in another thread about indie kids. but when i meet someone, i don't size them up and say "indie kid. . .that fucker." and just assign all of those traits to him without even giving him a chance. i have expectations of what he might be like, but you never know for sure. a person isn't a group of people. a group of people are.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2005 :  07:16:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pcbTIM asked:
quote:
So what exactly is the difference between a generalization and a stereotype?

Main Entry: gen·er·al·iza·tion
Pronunciation: "jen-r&-l&-'zA-sh&n, "je-n&-
Function: noun
Date: 1761
1 : the act or process of generalizing
2 : a general statement, law, principle, or proposition
3 : the act or process whereby a response is made to a stimulus similar to but not identical with a reference stimulus

Main Entry: [2]stereotype
Function: noun
Etymology: French stéréotype, from stéré- stere- + type
Date: 1817
1 : a plate cast from a printing surface
2 : something conforming to a fixed or general pattern; especially : a standardized mental picture that is held in common by members of a group and that represents an oversimplified opinion, prejudiced attitude, or uncritical judgment

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000