Medical Conspiracy!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  5:28:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, I'm sure a lot of you can relate to this so I'm going to rant about this here. Please feel free to join in. Anyway, I hate going to see the doctor. First of all, there are 3, yes 3, different waiting rooms. Of course the first one is where you sign in. I know I'm in for the long haul at this point. You think you're the chosen one when they call you but then you find out you're just going to another waiting room. Then it's on to the 3rd room; this is the crappy small doctor's office you're forced to sit in while you wait and wait and wait on the doctor to get around to seeing you. This is usually the longest wait of the 3 rooms. All they give you is that stupid uncomfortable table with paper covering it that you sit on. No magazines or nothing. This is literally a form of torture. Finally the doc comes in. Obviously I'm just ready to get the hell out at this point. Give me drugs so I can be on my way. I finally get my Rx and I'm heading home. Only to find out in a day or 2 that the meds prescribed are doing nothing.

See, we're not patients at this places, we're customer's. It's in their best interest to keep us coming back. It's all a huge scam and they've got us by the balls. Every time I have to go I know I'm going to have to bend over.

I went in Friday, was sick all weekend, so went back yesterday. Yesterday they finally give me the "real" drugs. And believe me, I let them know my frustration. But at least now I am feeling better. Nothing like some good cough medicine with lots of hydrocodone in it to perk you up.

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  6:11:55 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, doctors. And if you really want to get frustrated, mull insurance (any kind) for a while.

And if you're still not crazy, think on taxes for a while.

My biggest gripe with doctors is the overprescribing of antibiotics. That makes me want to kill bacteria.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  8:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What I love, is that twice in the past few months I've been to the emergency room, and then followed up with my doctor. When I tell my doctor what they said at the ER, he shakes his head in disgust. This worries me, I mean shouldn't there be uniform diagnosis out there? Two different people, two different assesments/solutions... how do I know which is right???

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2005 :  10:01:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya having broken 9 bones and having had many trips to the emergency room I must say that the medical establishment has failed to impress me. In fact when I was 14 and I broke my collar bone and it was sticking up so I had this big bump of misplaced bone I refused to go to the doctor for 3 days till my mom forced me to go. I told her all they were going to do was take x-rays tell me it was broken and then give me a sling even though I already was wearing one and tell me to take it easy till it heals, then charge a huge amount of money. They did just that except for they made sure they poked my tender bone enough to piss me off and know that it hurts.

That's what really gets me. Here let me push on your injured whatever and tell me if it hurts. Every single doctor without fail. Does that hurt? I've got a broken arm and it's all messed up and needed surgery. They grab it and push on it and ask if it's hurt. All that school and that's the best question they can come up with.

Go to Top of Page

Kenneth
Chatterbox

218 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2005 :  09:20:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had some bad experiences with surgery also. I've had 3 main surgeries. I broke my foot (stress fracture) when I played high school baseball. Turns out I had to have surgery. Well, I went in to have surgery and they put screws in the bone in order to fix it. Is it a coincidence that it wasn't fixed right the first time? I think not. The bone wasn't coming back together because the screws were too small!!! I go back for my second surgery and this time they just sawed part of the bone off. It's fine now. Too bad they didn't do that the first time.

Also, I had to have my shoulder scoped, also from baseball, and that didn't turn out the way it should either. I still have trouble with my shoulder today. And I even went to "the man", Dr. Andrews at Health South here in B'ham. All kinds of major athletes go see this guy. I guess I wasn't major enough to require their full attention.
Go to Top of Page

Dickey500
Chatterbox

USA
144 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2005 :  8:15:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Dickey500 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn. Go easy. Doctors have a lot of shit going on at one time, so you're bound to wait. People come in with BS complaints that we have to deal with before we get to you - with your viral cough that you KNOW YOU NEED something for (even though you really don't because codeine doesn't kill viruses). We push on bumps and bruises to assess the situation - unfortunately, this does hurt - but deal with it because we usually know more about what's going on in there than you do. Feel free to never go to a doctor again and see how long you live.

"All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out." - Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2005 :  12:30:12 AM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i agree with dickey. these people are doctors. i'm sure they know what they're doing. i don't know much about med school, but i'm willing to bet it's not something anyone can do. you don't know what they're looking for when they're poking and touching and stuff. let the guy do his job. sometimes a doctor fucks up, because, you know, he's a human.

i know how i'd feel of some kid taking theory 1 in high school told me that my definition of "meter" was wrong, or if he said my roman numeral analysis of some late romantic era piece was way off, or that he wasn't impressed with my conducting (not that he should, i suck at it.) i'd be visibly upset, and i'd probably say "shut up, you don't know anything. just try to remember what side of the note the stems go on."

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000