Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 I just met Nick Mason (Pink Floyd drummer)!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  03:43:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Greatest fucking day ever.

He was doing a signing at a Barnes & Noble in Manhattan today, and I got to meet 1/4 of my all time favourite band. If Tim Reynolds were to play and I could see him, Id choose him over anyone but Pink Floyd, thats how much I love this band.

So I get there pretty early (3:30pm for a 7pm signing), but of course im still a decent chunk into the line. 6:30 comes and they say you need a book to meet Nick, otherwise you cant. So at that point, I go all the way to the back of the room to the people with books that have no shot in hell of seeing him, and I find some lady standing there and say "hey, let me borrow your book and reciept, I'll get it signed for you quicker than if you went up and I get to meet him". she said sure. In order to make sure she trusted me, I gave her my drivers license as colateral. So im in

Nick arrives, and he does a Q & A with the crowd. Im the first to ask a question.

Jim: Ok, on to the Q&A portion of the signing. You, in the hat
Erich: Nick, can you sing a little song?
Nick: Absolutly not. Next question

I shake his hand, get the lady's book signed for her, get a postcard signed for me, and I get out. My camera's batteries died () but a kind guy took a picture of me shaking Nicks hand and will send it to me when I email him

After the signing, I go to a death/thrash metal concert in times square: Nile / King Diamond. Fucking amazing show, and though I told myself I wouldnt mosh because i wasnt in the proper mindset for it... well, when the heat rises, the music's loud, and bodies start flying, you cant resist joining in . Lucky for me I wore earplugs, so I hear perfectly and I can rest without an anoying buzzing.

\m/

~pw'oikr
~( ">

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  11:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you had a GREAT day! Congrats!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  12:01:16 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Awesome story Erich.

On a sidenote, I love when people wear earplugs to shows like that... I always thought I was the only one...

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  1:23:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love Pink Floyd! That's so cool you got to meet him. What was the purpose of the signing, did he have a book come out recently or something?

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2005 :  11:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Floyd is the one that got away for me... I was old enough to see them, but not into their music yet the last time they toured. Now, short of Stevie Ray Vaughn rising from the dead to do one last show, Floyd would be #1 on my list, and even then it would be a toss up.

Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2005 :  2:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My dad met Nick Mason in England at some car show. They had quite a lengthy chat actually.

That's all of the story i know really. He also met Mr.Bean at that same car show but only took a picture.

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000