"More proof that Best Buy is actually "Worst Buy""
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  6:53:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=38&threadid=1562162&enterthread=y

I like to thank my friend Ted finding this story...

wow I don't even wanna go to Best Buy again

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  8:07:55 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah...I won't be shopping there anymore. I can't stand their employees.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  9:20:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love Best Buy.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  9:41:21 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Every time I go there I feel uncomfortable. Employees, all 14-18 in age, "Blue Shirts" I call them, harassing you. You're in the DVD isles "Do you want to try Netflix free for 12 months??"

You're in the video game isle, you get harassed about some promo shit.

Then you're checking out, and it's "You get a free subscription of _________ with this purchase" to which I always respond "No I don't"

And they have to push warranties on you for even a fucking pair of headphones. I was with my friend, who was buying a DVD recorder, and they would not let up. They all but told him it was guaranteed to break in like 6 months, so he better get the warranty. My fiance's brother used to work there, and I know they get some kind of rewards program thing for selling warranties, that's why it pisses me off. Finally I stepped in and was like "He does NOT want a warranty, can we complete this transaction??" By this time he had two "blue shirts" harassing him about the warranty.

I hate that fucking store. The prices and selection are great, and I still use Bestbuy.com, but the store itself pisses me off.
Go to Top of Page

skyline
Chatterbox

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  11:25:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit skyline's Homepage  Send skyline an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The store doesn't bother me. I only go when I know they have a deal on something I want. In and out very quickly...no problems.

http://www.dmbforums.com
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  11:41:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've never had any of those problems, except for the offered subscriptions. They have pretty good prices, and a great selection of TV Shows on DVD. Can't wait to get Wings and Scrubs!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  07:30:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Best Buy's not so bad. They have the best prices for CD's around here, and its my stop for videogames and DVDs. Though the 'blue shirts' do get a little annoying. But I heard about that story elsewhere, how stupid.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  1:55:24 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
do you notice how they ask you for your phone number everytime you buy anything? like, even batteries? the first time they did it, there was this girl behind the counter, and she goes "can i have your phone number?" i was startled for a moment, but she was beautiful and therefore not to be trusted. so i did what i do whenever i'm asked for my phone number. i gave out a fake.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  2:08:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Anything you could possibly want from Best Buy is always far cheaper on the internet. Their selection of CD's is fucking atrocious, as is their DVD selection. I give Best Buy two thumbs up...it's own ass.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  3:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
i was startled for a moment, but she was beautiful and therefore not to be trusted

Hahahahahahha. Quote of the day.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  5:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

Anything you could possibly want from Best Buy is always far cheaper on the internet. Their selection of CD's is fucking atrocious, as is their DVD selection. I give Best Buy two thumbs up...it's own ass.

Indeed.
Go to Top of Page

Mechman293
Chatterbox

129 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  02:44:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by {=HTG=}

quote:
i was startled for a moment, but she was beautiful and therefore not to be trusted

Hahahahahahha. Quote of the day.

what HTG said =)

Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  6:18:44 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, their cd selection blows. but their dvds are cheap. i get all the sealab 2021 and aqua teen dvds there.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

skyline
Chatterbox

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  11:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit skyline's Homepage  Send skyline an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hopeful Rolling Waves

Not always true. They have some very good rebates from time to time that will equal or surpass the prices you can find online. I build computers, and while I would never just go into Best Buy and start buying things, there have been times where they really do have the best deal around.

Best Buy is also the only major chain store around here that I've ever found a Tim Reynolds cd at...

http://www.dmbforums.com
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2005 :  2:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That certainly reflects poorly on the store manager, but I don't know that it's indicitive of the entire chain being evil.

Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  01:06:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
this has nothing to do with best buy really, just stupid people and lack of organization. If best buy was going to be criticized here, it would have to be store specific

57 2 dollar bills is a pretty silly thing to do though. He's a dumbass for thinking he's never going to turn heads doing that

IMO, everyone in this story was an idiot

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  07:17:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Agreed. Also, don't stores have some way of telling if bills are real? Here in Europe almost every store I've been to has a special light (black light or something) under which they put Euro bills to see if if they're legit. No muss no fuss. I can't figure out why the store didn't call the bank.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000