Artificial + Natural Harmonics Help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  7:06:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am trying to learn La Fille Aux Cheveaux de Lin by Claude Debussy, and it includes some pretty serious pinch harmonics. I can play single note A.H.'s fine, however, one chord for example is

(02200(15))

All labeled as natural harmonics, but I don't get it. If anyone here has Guitar Pro, I can link you to the music/tablature for the tune; or if anyone has extensively used these harmonics for jazz or classical purposes, please help out a brotha'.

Also, how do I play a chord named as (3554(15)x)?

Freaking classical music.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List

Kevin
Chatterbox

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  7:36:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my god dude...I hope I'm not sounding like a newb, but those seem like some pretty hardcore harmonic chords...are you sure they are ALL harmonics? That's incredible lol...anywhere I can get an mp3 of it?? Maybe if I hear it I can help?
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2005 :  10:58:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a little perplexed without seeing the music, but I don't have guitar pro so I don't know what to tell you.

Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  08:11:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You can download the demo at guitar-pro.com, or if you want a cracked full version, email me personally @ jadphex@gmail.com. Hopefully someone gets the program to help me out here.

The tab is at mysongbook.com, you have to log onto it, but sign-up is really quick, and it's worth it, they have a lot of great music there, all of which contains tab and standard notation, and many include multiple guitar tracks, drums, bass, vox, etc. Just type "Debussy" in the search window, the are only 2 tabs, it's the 2nd one.

Thanks all.

Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  08:47:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
here's how to do it:
-fret the entire chord as 022003.
-hold your index finger* over the 15th fret while gently touching the string (the way you'd normally play a harmonic
-strum behind that finger with your thumb*, remembering to give equal pressure to all strings as you pluck them. otherwise it sounds like poo.

*you might find a different arrangement of your fingers (such as harmonic with thumb, strum with pinky finger), but as long as you know th ebasic technique, you'll get it just fine.

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2005 :  2:26:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Matt. I checked out your new stuff as well. You are really talented, man. You've got a great sense of rhythm and direction, keep at it, you can open up for Tim someday.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000