Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Rant
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  4:06:58 PM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, I'm in the process of getting my teacher certification in New Jersey. They've got a great little program that saves you a chunk of money. My application was sent out in January and was just getting looked at in mid-March. I knew going in the process was lengthy; everyone I spoke with was very up front about this. However, as the following email explains, things got held up for a very minute technicality. Needless to say I'm pretty annoyed and now that the fine city of Trenton has been flooded, the Board of Education is now closed for who knows how long....

I was told a week ago I needed to take a health & physiology test at my school board (Belvidere). Just wanted to find out if my test had been received.

On a side note, what was the point of a) me taking this test and b) having the test inhibit the processing of my application?

It was bad enough no one said anything to me about this test prior to mailing my application (I guess the county's fault). Then again it said nothing in my application packet about this test either so I guess that makes you folks accountable as well.

Either way, I don't think I would have minded nearly as much if the test was at least made this century...literally. The test I took was dated 1969 (that's right, the year when we landed on the moon and The Beatles' "Get Back" was on the Billboard charts!) and included questions that were, for lack of a better word, stupid.

One of the True/False statements said whiskey was a healthy alternative to drinking beer. Are you kidding me? Can you honestly say that after already receiving my collge records and my PRAXIS scores you really needed me to answer questions like this one to prove my worth as a teacher?

Thanks for wasting my time and holding up the process for another couple weeks/months (who knows?). I don't even know if anybody is going to read this this month thanks to the flooding.

I aplogize for the sarcastic tone in all this, but if you're going to ask me to take a test how about making it relevant? After seeing this test, my assumption is you folks just don't care.

Ok, that's it. That was my rant. Just needed to get this one off my chest. See ya in Brooklyn. Peace!

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  5:56:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thowing the Whiskey is a good alternative to hitting the students.

So i hear.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  7:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jersey can eat shit, and I live here.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  9:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ya any test that has to do with the education system you can pretty much bet sucks.

Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  9:32:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
we dont need no education

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

Muskrat
Chatterbox

USA
266 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2005 :  10:48:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Muskrat's Homepage  Send Muskrat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Batstone

Yeah, thought control and dark sarcasm can hit the road too.

"You know, if you live long enough, eventually you're gonna die." -Words of wisdom from my dad
Go to Top of Page

Jiyra
Chatterbox

124 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  12:12:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Jiyra an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Muskrat

quote:
Originally posted by Batstone

Yeah, thought control and dark sarcasm can hit the road too.

HA!

SpaceMonkey, move to Virginia, the certification process is MUCH simpler here, and we've only had two major floods in 150 years!

silly girl, sanity is for boys
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2005 :  03:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you actually sent that, I hope that you will also post the reply when it comes!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000