12 String Guitar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  10:22:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey, im looking for a good 12 string acoustic. I was thinking Martin or washburn... what do u people reccomend? and what tim songs are played on a 12 string?

www.myspace.com/adambatstone

JTR
Chatterbox

417 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  1:43:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Brands vary, I'm not an expert on what you'll like/afford. Just try different ones out, etc...

As for particular songs, see the following:
http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5448
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  5:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I agree, it's best if you just poke around at different models. Spend a couple hours at the biggest music center in your area and narrow it down.

If you want to try out a graphite one, however, I hear the Rainsong JM3000 is quite a model. I've never personally played one, but have heard that they have a very filling, very vibrant sound. Looks pretty too.

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

Hopeful Rolling Waves
Alien Abductee

South Sandwich Islands
2154 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  8:47:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Hopeful Rolling Waves an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Rainsong Guitars are fuckall expensive tho. I once played the Rain Song on one, but I got bitched out for tuning it all bugged out at the store. (DGCGCD) Nice tone.

http://db.etree.org/hopefulrollingwaves/ < My Trading List
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2005 :  10:15:19 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ahahah yeah forgot to mention that, I saw the previously mentioned Rainsong at retail for 3,999. Happy buying

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D
Go to Top of Page

Zack
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2005 :  4:21:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a yamaha cutaway 12 string with electronics and it sounds pretty sweet...yamaha makes nice 12's, only problem is the action. Your fingers will ache like hell if u try to play easy stuff on the yamaha's...to try and fingerpick a really stretched out chord is impossible (and i have big hands lol)...so make sure to check out the action on all 12's u play...yamaha with the action fixed is a amazing for the price.

Zack
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000