New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Zack
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  12:28:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hey guys, im back with another equipment question. I was looking into buying a drum machine...i read reviews about 2 possible ones i would get...the cheaper boss dr-3, and the more expensive boss dr-670. Many say the dr-3 is easy to use, and has all u need, but i also heard some dissapointments. The more expensive ($100 ) dr-670 seems to be more solid, more choices. Any advice as to whether the cheaper one is suitable? or should i cough up the money for the dr-670?

Zack

Dalin
Is Anybody Here?

31 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2005 :  10:30:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Dalin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Although you made no mention of it, can I recommend the Zoom MRT-3? I've have this thing for about a year and for under $100, it's been great. In spite of it being a Zoom product, I've been thoroughly impressed with it. Just thought I'd throw that out there.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2005 :  09:52:25 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As far as drum machines go, I've heard really good things about Zoom's drum machines, and the drum effects on Zoom's multitrack recorders. As far as guitar effects, Zoom is about the worst I've heard. Even Rogue has something on Zoom.

I've played around with the dr-670. I think it's similar to the Dr-3, but will more bells and whistles. The Dr-670 may be more complicated to use because it appears to have many more options than the Dr-3. I've found that most bad reviews of products like this are due to the fact that the person does not know how to use the damn thing. Reading the manual and just trial and error is a great cure to this problem, but I guess some just don't have the time.

You may get the Dr-3, and then find that it won't allow you to do what you want, or that you're just limited creatively by what it has programmed into it, as far as drum and bass sounds. The Dr-670 would give you a wider range of options. With things like this, I usually say spend the extra buck, and avoid upgrading and spending twice as much later.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Zack
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2005 :  5:23:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did hear alot of good reviews about the zoom, but i dont think it has any bass effects (forgot to mention i wanted that too). I do agree that the dr-670 has alot more options, which anyone can learn to use in given time, and i think it is worth it to spend more to save myself from further upgrading. thanks alot guys...some good tips

Zack
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000