request for fluffy..
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2001 :  8:42:44 PM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey fluffy....well tim will be here wednesday and i... along with a bunch of friends who i have been telling about this concert since the tour dates first came up...will be attending....one of my friends is really hoping for sanity.....now before u get your panities in a bunch...he knows lots of tims songs and loves tims music..but sanity is still his favorite...so guys cut him some slack...now i dont want to really influence tims set...but i know my friend would love to hear this song..(..and no this "friend" is not me...my fav is rheginos.....and i hope he plays that..but i sorda think of this as only one request per show)..so im gonna try to help my friend out...so fluffy if u happen to be talking to tim and he says....i wonder if i should play sanity...say yes please...thank you very much...and ill look forward to seeing u there....ohh...and i guess i have a question too...u guys sell posters and stuff right?.....if u do..how much do those run?...sigh...and yes another question....about how long does tim wait till he goes out to talk with the fans?..and where does he usually do it....i do NOT want to miss meeting tim...well hope u understand all that...probably looks like mindless drivel...but i shall enjoy the show no matter what he plays...just trying out my luck....hope u guys have a great time in charleston...
james

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2001 :  9:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
mindless drivel, yes. Unanswerable, no.

That's really nice for you to request a friends favorite song (and I'm not being sarcastic). Good phrasing, too, kudos.

They sell stuff, yes. Cds mostly, and one poster (at least). Poster is of Nomadic Wavelength, and it is 5 dollars measures about 10 by 17 (is that right krystal?, cause I know you're lurking). Cds are 15. They had them all, I think, and some of Greg's stuff, and one I think with Tim and Greg.

Tim waited about 45 minutes at least before coming out for us Saturday. I think it was to separate the chaff from the wheat of the fans (sorry dusty, you're not chaff). So if he comes out, plan to wait for a little while. But it is great, he is really patient, will sign anything (guitars, picks, cds, etc. Oh, and floor sized rugs, too.)

He came out the back door for our show. They closed the front (as in locked the doors, turned off the lights kinda closed) so we went back there and there the door was open and we just stood there and waited.

Hope that helps.

Peace

-Jason-
Go to Top of Page

krystal
Try A Little Harder

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2001 :  9:20:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The poster is 11 x 17. I bought three, Tim signed them all, and my brothers (who are huge Tim fans) are going to be very surprised when I come bearing gifts at Thanksgiving!

Go to Top of Page

James M.
Chatterbox

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2001 :  9:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Send James M. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey thanks jason i appreciate the info...you too krystal
james

Go to Top of Page

KevinGTArch
Is Anybody Here?

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2001 :  10:16:16 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinGTArch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Who had the rug signed??? I'm sorry I think I missed that one...

FYI, the Tim and Greg CD was "Stick and Stones" for $11.00 it was a re-mastering of some improv work they did back in '87 I believe (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong...it happens...a lot). Anyhow, it's an AMAZING CD, I just seem to keep hittin the repeat button. A must have for any fan!

Krystal! Was that you waiting back there with Jason? I was kicking myself later that evening when I realized we never did introductions. I was the one chattin with you two while we were waiting back there in cold for "the coming". It was great meetin y'all, we'll have to do it again sometime!

Peace,

Kev

KB
Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2001 :  10:22:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Who had the rug signed???

giggle giggle

Peace
Jon

Timmah!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2001 :  10:56:14 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the rug...huhhhuuhh. Someone sometime back brought it to a show to get it signed and they did get it signed. There was a pic on the pic page, but I looked forever and couldn't find it. It is on there I'm almost certain, or they took it down, I don't know. Fluffy could probably tell you.

Anywho, the guys just wanted him to sign it for use in their college dorm room.

Yeah, Kevin, that was Krystal with me. She is my concert friend. I take her with me (or she takes me with her, it was HER red monte carlo, after all) to almost all of the concerts I go to.

Krystal, this is Kevin, I met him on the board. Kevin, this is my friend Krystal from way back. Glad you guys got to meet.

Peace

-Jason-
Go to Top of Page

krystal
Try A Little Harder

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2001 :  2:58:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi Kevin--nice to meet you. Yes, that was me back there behind the Variety waiting to meet Tim. I was with Jason, and now that I know I am his "concert friend" that lets me know where I rank!

Good to meet you too.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  05:28:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Do we have a little romance brewing on the board? How kewl!! Anyway, the rug definitely happened, I don't remember what show, it was definitely a college show. Jon Soldo may have a better idea. To the best of my knowledge, Jon has not taken down any photos so I am sure it is still there somewhere. And James, I am glad you got to hear Sanity. Someone else from the message board or email list came up to the merch counter and told me to thank TR for playing that. I was thinking he should be thanking you. I think it was you who requested it outside before we went to dinner. Glad it made the cut.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  7:10:47 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote

The date is 10-27-00 and there are a few more pics at the bottom of the photos page for that date.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  7:51:57 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hell yeah, I knew it was on there somewhere...All I could find when I looked were encores where Tim did crazy stuff. Like the gasmask, the boots (I don't know what kind they were, so I can't say). Probably my favorite, however (although I do favor the mask ones) are the ones where he wore rubber gloves and played the guitar. I can't imagine how he did that. But I imagine he wasn't playing something like Stream or anything...

Good job Kevin, I'm glad you found that.

Peace

-Jason-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  08:10:12 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx Kevin, I knew someone would know where that was. EnthuTIMsiast, nice new screenname! That is awesome! As for your question about the gloves, He used them on the encore in C-ville at the end of the last tour. One of his noize creations. I have sent the DAT to Kyle of that show so you can hound him about posting it or getting a copy. ENJOY!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000