Suggestion for CPPJames
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Poparad
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2004 :  1:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Poparad an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I recently borrowed a copy of Scott Henderson's "Jazz Fusion Guitar" or some title to that effect. I remember that you've been wondering what sort of scale choices you have over certain chords, and this video is very thorough and easy to follow. It's not a 100% complete source for how to improvise, but it's one of the best books or videos I've seen on the subject.

I've absolutely fallen in love with his second video called "Melodic Phrasing" which is all about how to create good lines. The focus of this one is not pitch material, but more about rhythms, contour, and the more obtuse concepts of soloing that very few people touch on.

I thought maybe you'd be interested in checking it out.

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2004 :  10:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just want to confirm that I saw this, and thank you for it. I'll take a look and see if I can find that. Thanks a million for going the extra mile here.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000