Powertabs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  2:32:30 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else tried this software?

You can get it at http://www.power-tab.net/

I did You Are My Sanity in it. I've got a few other Tim songs I've converted, but they need a little more work.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2004 :  9:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey.
I tried posting this message before but it looks like it didnt show up.

It's awesome that you're using the powertab program, but I think that the main feature of this tool is to provide a feel for rhythm and standard musical notation can do that. I think that by concentrating more on the timing and note values, as well as filling in grace notes and all that extra stuff is what can make a powertab great. The midi function is a quick way to provide feedback to see if you're getting it all correct. Also, this is less important than other issues, but check to see if the measures actually contain four quarter notes (or the rhythmic equivalent) in a 4/4 measure.

There's a lot of awesome stuff you can do with powertab. I hope you can make some more TR stuff!

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Kevin
Chatterbox

USA
196 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2004 :  11:15:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PT is awesome man...have you ever been to http://www.powertabs.net ? It's a huge archive of PT files. You should submit the Timmy stuff you have tabbed out there; right now they only have Stream up.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  10:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey, can you post that You Are My Sanity power tab again? I stumbled across this thread and I'd love to check it out.

Also, does anyone have the Stream power tab?

Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

sb1975
Is Anybody Here?

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  7:25:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the Stream Power Tab http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1NSO1ZW5SS9D03IZ8I4UQ4459C

I would like the You Are My Sanity Power Tab also.
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2006 :  11:09:12 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey thanks for Stream. I am having a harder and harder time finding power tabs, or any good tabs in general on the net lately...
Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  12:00:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
all the power tabs and Guitar pro are now hosted at www.ultimate-guitar.com

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

skyline
Chatterbox

USA
143 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  12:38:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit skyline's Homepage  Send skyline an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Batstone

all the power tabs and Guitar pro are now hosted at www.ultimate-guitar.com

Cool site. Where exactly are the power tabs hosted on there?

http://www.dmbforums.com
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  6:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They aren't in a separate database as before. in ultimate guitar, they just show up as part of the search results.

Unfortunately, the original powertab archive was shut down due to fear over lawsuits pursued by the MPA protecting publishers of music.

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2006 :  11:14:59 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm seeing the Stream (live) PT on that site, but not the You Are My Sanity one. Is there anyone else on the net where that is available?
Go to Top of Page

Batstone
Chatterbox

Canada
281 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2006 :  9:04:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Batstone's Homepage  Send Batstone an AOL message  Reply with Quote
someone post the you are my sanity powertab NOWWWWWWWWWW

www.myspace.com/adambatstone
Go to Top of Page

chris
Is Anybody Here?

44 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2006 :  07:16:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check it fools:
I transcribed a song I came up with and embellished it a bit.
http://s52.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=01Z5HB046IORW1FV3YQ68JVV0X
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000