~!!!!!!!!Common fills to any TR song idea!!!!!!!!~
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  3:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i don't know about you guys, but i'm constantly hearing various fills and common parts that tim throws into his songs and i think theyre genius, but i always find that fills are often not included in the tab. I have thought up an idea around this, and that is to have a section next to each tab in the archive that would function much like a forum, only it is simply a place where people can post any fills that they like that tim often does and that they have tabbed out. Of course, this could be alot of programming, and an easier way to do it were for people in the forum now to just make new topics and post their favorite fills or improv bits that they know and play. Ideas? Comments? Modifications to my little idea? I think it would be a pretty effective way to spread the wealth...

my favorite color is go fuck yourself. :D

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  4:29:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think that's a pretty cool idea...Just a topic for various things we've picked up? I think it would be better if it was fills and cool licks adn shit from everywhere, not just TR...that way we'll spread more wealth, which may or may not be a good thing.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  4:35:55 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah that is a good idea. However, being a tim reynolds site, seperation between tim and non-tim song licks and tricks would be needed just to keep it more organized. Organization would be the #1 problem if everyone were to post their LICKS AND TRICKS on the tab forum... LICKS AND TRICKS!!

ahaha thats so much fun to say...

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  6:29:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"This Burrito is soooo gooood!! But it's so filling..." THWACK!

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  6:51:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Not a bad idea at all. What might be a little easier, though, would be to just post all your fills in the tab section of the messageboard. If any of them seem totally stellar and essential to the song, I may just add them as an addendum to the end of the given tab in the tab archive.

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  8:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ah yes, I have forgotten your amending capabilities, Silky. Do you happen to have a basic tab for the jam part of Feeling Doors?

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  10:22:43 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah posting in the forum is much more practical, and that is useful being able to edit the tabs in the archive...maybe people with decent fills can request them to be added, and if they're accurate enough and play well, then they can be added

Go to Top of Page

guitarisPIMP
Yak Addict

Niue
587 Posts

Posted - 09/01/2004 :  10:24:37 PM  Show Profile  Send guitarisPIMP an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"Brick, where'd you get a grenade?"
"I dont know..."

"LOOOUUUUUD NOISES"

go see anchorman if you havent....too many classic lines to even remember

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2004 :  12:10:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jay, I've not tabbed a jam for Feeling Doors, but I could if you would like. Just say the word my man...

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2004 :  12:46:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"I pooped a hammer?"

I'd love to get a tab of the jam, Silky...Just basic chords cause I can't figure them out...

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000