Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Nerdy Thread- Front Mission 4.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  07:51:04 AM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I was a pretty big fan of Front Mission 3 and I was glad to hear that a 4th one was released not too long ago. I had some money so I figured I'd go out and buy it, and I'm glad I did. I love this game. I'm not a big fan of the still pictures and scrolling text part of the game, but that doesn't stop FM4 from being great. I haven't played Front Mission 3 in forever (mainly because I don't own it anymore) so it was nice to go back to the series.

It plays a lot like Final Fantasy Tactics, so if you're a fan of FFT's gameplay you should check this one out.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
"Me was tryin' to save time."

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  09:19:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Perhaps I will give this game a look see.

P.s. after our MvC discussion a few days ago, I decided I had to play some more because it had been so long. So I tried to teach my two friends how to play. They said it hurt their eyes. I however, had a great time.

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  12:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, MvC is so fast, but when you get used to it it's awesome. I wish I still had a Dreamcast just for MvP2.

Man, there's this little Asian guy who works at my local shitty arcade, he's insane on MvC2. I went up against him once, had my ass handed to me in less than 3 minutes.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  2:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The worst is when you're doing already, but you realize all of a sudden that the other guy has a Power Lvl 3 and then he initiates one of those mass attacks and you're just like '...shit'.

Speaking of Arcades - I used to go there and play MvC as well as Tekken(3 or Tag) and Time Crisis (1 or 2). Silent Scope was a great one too.

But back on topic, I played FFT for a little while and it was pretty hard, the battles would take like an hour in some cases and I really wasn't used to it. I gave up on the game pretty quickly, mostly because of school work and I needed games I could play in smaller doses. Is that what FM4 is like?

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  6:21:55 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Is that what FM4 is like?

Yeah... pretty much, lol. When you watch the cut scenes it's all fast and action packed and looks really cool, but when you get to the actual gameplay, all the action and fast pace comes to a screeching halt. So this game is obviously not for everyone. Some missions took me at least 4 tries to finally beat, so yes, it can get pretty hard. It's one of those things where you have to think every now and then.

But if you have some time and you enjoy that kind of thing, check this game out. Why not rent it one weekend and form an opinion? That might work. But if you're looking for a game that'll give you a quick fix, this really isn't a good choice. Maybe Guilty Gear X2? That's an awesome 2d fighter.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  6:58:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
heh, I actually already own Guilty Gear X2

It got a good review from game-revolution.com so I picked it up cause it looked cool and I liked the idea of it's "Offbeat Style"

The thing is, I didn't get a manual and I don't understand the buttons for the life of me so I've only played it twice

I've really got to look into it because I hear good things.

I have a knack for starting games and not finishing them. My problem is that if i spend too much time playing games I feel unproductive.

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

TalkingNeurons
Yak Addict

523 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  8:35:23 PM  Show Profile  Send TalkingNeurons an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know what you mean. I've had it for awhile, but I rarely play it. I only play it when my bro's around because I don't like playing it by myself too much (that and because arcade mode is fucking hard). But I always enjoy it whenever I do get around to playing it.

Hmm... maybe I should get off the comp now. Stupid lightning.

"Now that's ripe!"

lnk cr b82rez 2g4
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000