TRelated Topics
 Tim Reynolds 11.25.96
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  03:02:13 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, so Arthen's enthusiasm for this recording has inspired me to start the horrid process of converting from tape to wav. It's been about 3 years since I've done this... but I plan on using Nero's wav editor to record the cassette input to cd quality wav. Does anyone have any better ideas, suggestions, other devices to use???

Also, the show is really one continuous track so I was thinking of just recording it as such, and uploading it as such, and then if anyone (Erich?) wants to try to re-track it, by all means do so. But again, if anyone more knowledgeable has any better ideas/suggestions then let them be known!!

god
Kevin

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  03:19:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
your best bet: use cdwave (www.cdwave.com). It has an option to record, and i think its best you use that cause its easier and its a lighter program. You can make track splits with it too, but the splits are slightly off if you save them. So heres what I suggest doing, to make the process as clear as possible:

* download cdwave
* record the cassette to wave using that
>> If at this time you want to send the file to me, im cool with that <<
* use cdwave to mark track splits within the giant wave file, but dont save them as seperate files
* save cue sheet (file > save cue sheet)
* download shntool (http://www.etree.org/shnutils/shntool/)
* split wave file using shntool. the command line expression for that is shntool split -o wav whatever.wave < whatever.cue
* commense with proper renaming, documenting, and uploading.

again, i'll be happy to do the dirty work on it once you're done with the cass > wav part. its kind of a zen thing for me

thanks for everything, by the way. I need to fulfill my promise to erik hatcher and upload the remaining 3 TR3 shows from the group he sent from sigma nu.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  03:23:37 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Goodness, I'll have to read that again tomorrow when I'm more awake and hopefully it will make more sense then. Erich, it's times like these I wish we didn't live across the damn country from each other so that we could just pick a weekend and tag team these or something.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  05:14:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bless you sir. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000