New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  4:32:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been downloading a lot more shows, now that I have broadband again, so I thought I'd take a quick poll and see what everyone's favorite show is. For TR3 that 1995 show you posted Kevin is fantastic, and for me that solo Tim show from July of 1997 is amazing, I love that idea of the "Seamless Set".

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  7:15:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tim Reynolds live at The Stanhope House May 9th, 2001
and
Tim Reynolds live at McCabe's Guitar Shop
November 10th, 2000

I mentioned this recently.

The first show, has some awesome renditions of his songs, plus 2 cool freestyles

the second show, has an absolutely amazing Big blast of Hot Air, in my opinion as well as a wild delay riff at the end after kundalini that he walks out with.

Arthen : Is that97 show the one thats available form the archive? I'll go downlod it now

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  8:11:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah it is. It's like Gossip of the Neurons in style. It's fantastic. Just put it in, and push play.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  8:41:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really like the show from 92 because it has lot's of volume swell stuff and impermanance rules! I don't know if I also have this show that's a double disc 7/??/97 that I really like and one from 4-16-00 if I remember like that I like. Those are just a few from the top of my head. The 92 one is great though. I would agree the 95 one Kevin put up is great as well.

Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2004 :  9:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The 2000 Wetlands show is still my favorite. Amazing set list, great sound (ambience), and Tim was just amazing that night. My favorite versions of Hopeful Heresy, Wayfarer, Is Anybody Here etc. are all from that show.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  9:49:07 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As for TR3... the 1999 show from the Key Club in Hollywood is by far my favorite. The DSBD recording coupled with some of the best TR speak make it my fav. As for acoustic, I don't have a clear-cut favorite, but I might have to go with the 2004 acoustic shows.

quote:
It's like Gossip of the Neurons in style. It's fantastic. Just put it in, and push play.

If you like that 97 show, I have a 96 show on cassette that is VERY similar to Gossip. I just have to get around to converting it to my computer. It will be hard to track it since it is basically one continous set. Maybe I'll just make it one audio track... who knows. I'll hopefully start working on convering my cassettes soon.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2004 :  11:45:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, if you ever get the time and opportunity to start converting those, I would be eternally in your debt.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  09:21:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Arthen, I was listening to the 97 show you recommended and it's awesome. The sound quality is perfect. It really does sound very Gossip of the Neurons like.

Thanks for the tip

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  12:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No problem. It's definitely a gem of a show.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  8:27:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Arthen, is the '97 show you're talking about on archive.org?

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2004 :  9:49:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, it's the only show from '97. The intro track isn't huge or long, it's one of the only intro tracks I've ever burned onto a CD with the rest of a show.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  09:32:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Yeah, it's the only show from '97. The intro track isn't huge or long, it's one of the only intro tracks I've ever burned onto a CD with the rest of a show.

Yea, wtf is TR saying anyway? Something about being on drugs and his music being wild...

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2004 :  12:44:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Hello and good evening. I'm not British, but when I'm on drugs I just talk this way. I've got a setlist up here and at the end of there's a spaceship drawing, so if it starts to get really weird, that's where I'm at. It starts off weird too."

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2004 :  1:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarted

November 10th, 2000

Me too. I was at that show and it was AWESOME. People were so quiet I felt like I was in church. It's nice when the audience actually respects the artist.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2004 :  1:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

As for TR3... the 1999 show from the Key Club in Hollywood is by far my favorite. The DSBD recording coupled with some of the best TR speak make it my fav. As for acoustic, I don't have a clear-cut favorite, but I might have to go with the 2004 acoustic shows.

Sadly, I didn't see much of that show. That was my first year in L.A. and it was really novel to have Fluffy in town visiting. We mostly hung out in the lobby talking and selling merch. I think Fluffy's friend Burt (Burton C. Bell of Fear Factory) came by that show too, and we chit chatted with him for a while.

Strange to think we didn't know you back then, Kevin...
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2004 :  8:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

quote:
Originally posted by guitarted

November 10th, 2000

Me too. I was at that show and it was AWESOME. People were so quiet I felt like I was in church. It's nice when the audience actually respects the artist.

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000