Taping / Trading / Recording
 How do I add shows to the archive?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  6:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So I've spent the last few hours making TR3 11.30.95 into .flac files. I also created a user name on the archive. Now how do I go about uploading the show so that it can be downloaded?

god
Kevin

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  7:11:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
before you upload the flac files, you need to make sure youve got a few things for the set.

the flac frontend can create whats called an ffp, or a FLAC FINGERPRINT. drag and drop the flac files to the frontend, click create fingerprint, and save the file as tr3-1995-11-30ffp.txt. also make sure the names of the files conform to standard (tr3-1995-11-30d1t01, d2t01, etc). And also, you should have the info file (tr3-1995-11-30.txt) with the show, which includes setlist, source, date/venue, transfer info, and any notes you need to add.

now, for the uploading, follow these instructions... i'll use myself as the example. when i upload to the archive, I use the address:

ftp://erichwanh%40yahoo.com:mypassword@audio-uploads.archive.org

my email is my login name and my password is just that. just replace them with your login and password. the %40 is an @ symble, its the same thing for urls

i make a new folder for the upload, for you it would be named tr3-1995-11-30.flac16

I upload all my files to there.

now, i got here:

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-contribute.php

and you follow the directions.

that should do it! any questions, feel free to ask. and thanks a lot, im jonsin for new tim stuffs

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  8:17:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin thanks for taking the time to upload it like this. I'm really looking forward to hearing it.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2004 :  11:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks much Erich, everything makes sense to me, just one thing... why the 16 at the end of the folder name? Would that differ depending on the show because I want to upload more.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2004 :  12:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Thanks much Erich, everything makes sense to me, just one thing... why the 16 at the end of the folder name? Would that differ depending on the show because I want to upload more.

the 16 just means its a 16bit show, in other words cd quality. 24bit dvd quality shows have to be differentiated because they cant be played on cds, or on computers that dont have 24bit sound cards.

So for the shows youre doing, youre sticking to 16bit so .flac16 for the folders is fine.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2004 :  12:41:11 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dope.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2004 :  03:41:54 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ok, the TR3 shows all seemed to work fine, but when I tried a solo show just now it said it wouldn't recognize the abbreviation "tr" for the files, even though the artist page says tr is the appropriate abbreviation... I even tried treynolds, but it said it didn't recognize that either. Any ideas?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000