New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  3:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm sure this topic has been discussed before and I'm sorry if its repetitive but I am really interested in hearing people thoughts on the albums.

For me, it's between Nomadic Wavelength and Gossip of the Neurons. Nomadic has all the great songs, but Gossip has the delay and reverb that gives it the spacious feel I love. Also, I can turn on Gossip and it all flows very well together. Nomadic is more about the individual songs. Also, I can only take Tim's daughter singing every so often. Most of the time I end up running over and changing the cd.

In the end I think i lean to Nomadic just because it has so many AWESOME songs and I love some of his 12 string work on that CD.

Tim, come to Canada!

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  4:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
all his cd's are too good to decide which is the best... i can't choose... if i choose on album, i feel like im leaving something out and just abadoning it

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  5:28:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i understand what you mean but I think you always have a favorite.

I like see into your soul and stream A LOT as well. I just find i put gossip or nomadic on more.

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  5:36:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I could tell you my favorite song: Kundalini Bonfire. What Tim can do with that song is incredible. The version on Gossip of the Neurons is alright compared to the other versions.

I love Sanctuary becuase it's a break from acoustic. I remembered being freaked when i popped the first disc in. It's good to hear some heavy stuff once in a while. Then the second disk is awesome, it tells one big story... I don't know maybe i get into my music too much :P.

I have a hard time deciding on the best album :/

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2004 :  6:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kundalini really is VERY good. He did a great kundalini at The Tralf.
He also does some great stuff with stream.

I know Stream is the cliche of Tim songs, but it is a good one and he does fantastic improv with it.

Also, Big blast of hot air.

I'm not very familiar with Sanctuary, I should get a copy.

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  03:40:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sanctuary is amazing.

As for the version of Kundalini Bonfire on Gossip of the Neurons, that has to be one of my favorite versions, because it is so tight (musically) and perfect.

One thing that makes Stream so great: Reliable Sources. That song blows me away consistently, and I'm always kind of sad I'll never hear it live.

Every album is a perfect album.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  09:24:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reliable sources is so different from all his otehr music. It reminds me of Leo Kottke. His slapping is outrageous on that song as well.

What is amazing abotu every album of his, is how different they are. Every album of his has something you didn't expect to hear, or you didn't know he could do.

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

SandyCarl
Try A Little Harder

81 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  1:08:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's like asking me which of my children is my favorite.
Go to Top of Page

Mave Datthews 85
Try A Little Harder

USA
80 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2004 :  1:12:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Mave Datthews 85 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macht

maybe i get into my music too much :P.

nothin' wrong with that!

y helo thar!¡!¡
Go to Top of Page

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  12:00:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
"the best" is so difficult to define!

I like the recording quality of See Into Your Soul the best out of any album ( the only one that comes close to that is Passion Session by Don Ross). It feels like Tim is right in my living room.

I like a lot of the individual songs off of Nomadic Wavelength. Stranger in a Strained Land and Los Alamos are definitely the highlights for me.

I think Chaos view has a really energetic feel to it.. I find myself listening to that most when I'm in my car just cruisin around.

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  02:21:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are also forgetting about Id and Petroglyph. If you want awesome driving around music, those two are great, especially songs like "Bouncer" (one of my personally favorites) and "Grab My Shades".

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  09:13:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SandyCarl

That's like asking me which of my children is my favorite.

It's not about picking a favorite like that. Think of it more like the olympics. Gold, silver and bronze are all prestigious. The difference between the three of them is practically nothing.

All I'm asking is which album gets the gold?

Not 'which album do you bow to every night'

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

SandyCarl
Try A Little Harder

81 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  1:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarted

It's not about picking a favorite like that. Think of it more like the olympics. Gold, silver and bronze are all prestigious. The difference between the three of them is practically nothing.

All I'm asking is which album gets the gold?

Not 'which album do you bow to every night'

Funny, I thought the way I said what I said meant the same thing as what you said to dispute what I said. Hm.

Point is, they each have different qualities. Better? That's almost entirely mood dependent.
Go to Top of Page

Robin
Yak Addict

USA
598 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  1:42:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been really cool to hear what you all think of different albums. I just got my copies of "stream" and "See into your soul",haven't had a chance yet to listen.
I really like "Sanctuary" so much. Hornet's Nest is my fave on the first disc. Nice for me that you all shared your thoughts on this topic. Peace, Robin
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  4:07:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Every album is perfect!

However, I think that the new album to be released soon will be the best. It has an absolutely amazing track listing. Plus, what more can you ask for: 2 discs, electric/acoustic, and the magic word for everybody, FREE!

(I would pay any amount of money for a TR album, but its so nice to see an artist who says, hey, here's some free shit...enjoy. Mmmmm, free TR. I love it.)

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  5:05:07 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prsmartin

Every album is perfect!

However, I think that the new album to be released soon will be the best. It has an absolutely amazing track listing. Plus, what more can you ask for: 2 discs, electric/acoustic, and the magic word for everybody, FREE!

(I would pay any amount of money for a TR album, but its so nice to see an artist who says, hey, here's some free shit...enjoy. Mmmmm, free TR. I love it.)

... sorry bud, I dont think the new album will be free. maybe you were confused with the older out-of-print albums that i was trying to help distribute?

If im wrong, i'll be pleasently surprised but seeing as his last two studio efforts were free, I think Tim would lean towards the payment side on this one.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

mattc
Try A Little Harder

67 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  5:17:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
that offer still open erich? i'd love to get those in flac.

-matt
critchlm@uci.edu
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  5:26:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mattc

that offer still open erich? i'd love to get those in flac.

can you email me? erichwanh@yahoo.com. Im not going to be able to do it imeadiatly (ive got at least ten packages in front of me, at least a full night of burning), but afterwards i'll reopen and you can hop on.

I should talk to prsmartin too, If i could upload them and the mystic show to him people could hit up the serever instead.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2004 :  10:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SandyCarl
I thought the way I said what I said meant the same thing as what you said to dispute what I said.

Hah, say that 5 times fast. Now that I read it again, i guess that IS what you were saying. I apologize for my ignorance.

I have to say, I really need to listen to more of Tim's Electric. I love that song PATHETIC where he has that sinister loop of him laughing. It chills me and gives me tingles all at the same time. hah

I wish he'd put that on an album

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2004 :  7:33:25 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I have to say, I really need to listen to more of Tim's Electric. I love that song PATHETIC where he has that sinister loop of him laughing. It chills me and gives me tingles all at the same time. hah

I wish he'd put that on an album

I agree with you 100% man. I'll have to admit I was just a little bit sad when I saw that is wasn't listen on the Equilibrium track listing posted by Fluffy. But there is a slight chance that it was renamed as there are a few new names that haven't been seen before.

As for my favorite Album, I always go with Puke Matrix just because it was my first.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000