New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  11:19:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you get these just from posting a lot?

Is it based on your number of posts or a ratio to your posts in comparison to others?

explain!

Tim, come to Canada!

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  11:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
More posts = More guitars

There's a key somewhere on the BOARD

teri
Twittering about the DC adventure since Dec '09...
(Micro)Blog * Photo Album
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  12:15:22 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah...I gotta start post whoring again. It's been far too long since I've added a guitar. That's what happens when you take a 6 month break though, lol.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  1:03:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll be an abductee soon!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  1:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
4 more posts for you

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  3:34:31 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Man, did me and Captain Super have some great post whoring bouts...Do you guys remember Petersburgh? Hahaha...I gotta get that kid back here again sometime...

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  03:54:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah! Where has the Captain been hiding at?

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  08:55:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arthen, welcome to the world of the alien abductee!<------pretend this is the face of a "cool" alien, lol CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF THE ABDUCTEE'S

BTW I just realized that like the real world, the alien abductee world is a man's domain Apparently I am the only female post-whorer

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  09:04:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Know your role woman! Go bake me a pie!

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  09:09:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'll have to work on my post whoring.

If only I knew more astronauts. Then I could post lots and lots of NASA stories...
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  09:32:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have yet to see REAL post whoring around here.

the worst is when you have threads that are literally 1000s of replies long FULL of

'+1' and 'sdfkn'

I used tofrequent a thread that had an area designated for post whoring because it got so out of hand

for some reason, post count = status

Noone likes being called a 'NEWBIE'/'NEWB'/'NOOB'/'NUB' and allt eh other dumb names

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  09:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There's "flood control" built in. Kinda irritating when I want to reply quickly to two posts, but I guess it serves its purpose of avoiding spammers and post whoring!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  09:48:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CPPJames

There's "flood control" built in. Kinda irritating when I want to reply quickly to two posts, but I guess it serves its purpose of avoiding spammers and post whoring!

This site had 60 second flood control as well. It didn't stop these whores.

There were people with like 30 000 posts in under a year...scary

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  12:54:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like you were at Nancies.org.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  1:06:32 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
LOL! If I never see that site again, it'll be too soon. I consider myself a pretty big DMB fan, but that site just sucks. Between the HORRIFIC fanbase on that site, the fact that they're always two weeks behind any other "news" site and the ugly interface...I'm done with them =).

Post whoring reminds me of this poker site I play on. You can go to a "play money" table and get $1000 worth of chips by just hitting the "Buy More Chips" button. There are probably 30-40 tables FULL of people that aren't even playing, they're just hitting buy more chips. So you get these people that have $25 million worth of play chips and think they're important. Then they play these games where the average pot is over $30,000...raising like $100,000 at a time. Some people have WAY too much time on their hands and very little social life. I take it upon myself to ridicule them daily.

Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  1:20:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

LOL! If I never see that site again, it'll be too soon. I consider myself a pretty big DMB fan, but that site just sucks. Between the HORRIFIC fanbase on that site, the fact that they're always two weeks behind any other "news" site and the ugly interface...I'm done with them =).

Post whoring reminds me of this poker site I play on. You can go to a "play money" table and get $1000 worth of chips by just hitting the "Buy More Chips" button. There are probably 30-40 tables FULL of people that aren't even playing, they're just hitting buy more chips. So you get these people that have $25 million worth of play chips and think they're important. Then they play these games where the average pot is over $30,000...raising like $100,000 at a time. Some people have WAY too much time on their hands and very little social life. I take it upon myself to ridicule them daily.

I laugh... yet pity myself for ever being SUPER addicted to diablo 2. That game was just CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK. I don't understand... If I try and play it now I get annoyed. Everyone that plays online is an asshole too, so greedy.

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  1:43:57 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I used to play that, only in the offline mode. There really was no skill to it at all...but it was pretty addictive. What was the one game that people started quitting their jobs over? Everquest? I dunno, but it was HUGE.

Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  2:08:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I used to play that, only in the offline mode. There really was no skill to it at all...but it was pretty addictive. What was the one game that people started quitting their jobs over? Everquest? I dunno, but it was HUGE.

yea. Two people killed themselves over that game but one of them ended up being a scam. Seom guy and his girlfriend shared an everquest account and the boyfriend staged some death over everquest after they broke up hahaha.

The other death was real (and was actually in the news less than the fake one)... the mother blames everquest. There's no direct evidence against everquest.

Maybe she should have clued in months before when he wasn't leaving his room that something was askew.

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  5:20:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...let's see. I buy a game for so much money, then to keep playing said game, I have to pay so much per month... Sounds smart to me.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2004 :  4:05:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Hmmm...let's see. I buy a game for so much money, then to keep playing said game, I have to pay so much per month... Sounds smart to me.

You said it. You should see how expensive it is to play Final Fantasy 11 for playstation 2
(Canadian currency - 1$ = 0.75 US)

$130 before tax for the game plus the hard disk drive required
$40 before tax for the network adapter you're ps2 will need to play online
$20 a month to play

YIPES, i can't afford that shit

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

JoeGamo05
Chatterbox

USA
279 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  12:15:26 AM  Show Profile  Send JoeGamo05 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
blah blah blah balh sry needed some posts.....

When the trees start walking, the ground starts moving, your insane, your insane
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2004 :  10:32:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoeGamo05

blah blah blah balh sry needed some posts.....

forshame

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2004 :  3:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
here's the thing. i'm pretty big on videogames. but you can't sit there and go "it was everquest's fault the guy killed himself." because when it comes down to it, he did the deed. if he killed himself over a videogame, however awesome, the fault is obviously with him. he had too tough a time seperating real from fantasy, and he got too into it. if everquest really was dangerous, you'd have more people killing themselves over it, as opposed to one guy who obviously couldn't even handle it.

the mother blames everquest because she obviously is an awful parent. rather than paying even the least bit attention to what's going on around her, and doing something about, she just sat there like a helpless waste. it's the kid's fault first, the mom's fault second. i'm suck of parents blaming videogames for behavior. if you don't like what you think it's doing to your kid, fucking do something about it besides piss and moan after it's too late and you realize you're a failure.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2004 :  3:32:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dan p.

here's the thing. i'm pretty big on videogames. but you can't sit there and go "it was everquest's fault the guy killed himself." because when it comes down to it, he did the deed. if he killed himself over a videogame, however awesome, the fault is obviously with him. he had too tough a time seperating real from fantasy, and he got too into it. if everquest really was dangerous, you'd have more people killing themselves over it, as opposed to one guy who obviously couldn't even handle it.

the mother blames everquest because she obviously is an awful parent. rather than paying even the least bit attention to what's going on around her, and doing something about, she just sat there like a helpless waste. it's the kid's fault first, the mom's fault second. i'm suck of parents blaming videogames for behavior. if you don't like what you think it's doing to your kid, fucking do something about it besides piss and moan after it's too late and you realize you're a failure.

What violent videogame did Hitler play?
For that matter, what videogame did he give to the whole German army?
~ David Cross
(Stand up Comedian and Co-writer of Mr.Show)

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2004 :  3:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarted

quote:

~ David Cross

David Cross is teh funnay. That show you got the quote from is on my top 5 list of funniest stand-up routines ever. I saw Mr. Show live once, it was hysterical.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2004 :  6:40:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by therippa

quote:
Originally posted by guitarted

quote:

~ David Cross

David Cross is teh funnay. That show you got the quote from is on my top 5 list of funniest stand-up routines ever. I saw Mr. Show live once, it was hysterical.

I'm a HUGE david cross fan. I have season 1 and 2 od mr.show on dvd and im gonna buy 3&4 soon enough.

David Cross' "THE PRIDE IS BACK" is the show that's from and it's hilarious

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000