You Are My Sanity
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2001 :  7:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could have that song on repeat all day and never get tired of it. That song is so melodic. That song just takes me there..ya know what I mean? Good job Timmy.....not like that is the only song you should get a pat on the back for, but that is one of my favs.

Just thought yall should know..

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2001 :  9:39:24 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey i love that song too! i just like the whole f# g thing in the chords. it's sounds so cool.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2001 :  12:18:43 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love that song too. It is like the music actually SAYS what the words are to me. I mean, I hear the song, and I imagine that if it wasn't in fact named You Are My Sanity, that is what I would be saying anyway, that's how well the name fits. And it is just beautiful. Probably top 7 TR songs.

-Jason-

I am a servant of the power behind the nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2001 :  11:38:53 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
It is like the music actually SAYS what the words are to me.

Yes... yes it does.
-J

Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2001 :  3:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I feel like that with Offspring. I can picture Tim in the backyard pushing Eura on a swing or something, tim has a gift of painting pictures and lyrics with just the guitar, awesome musician and a fun guy!

Peace On Earth
Jon
"Behold, the power of cheese"
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2001 :  06:01:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think his spirituality has alot to do with that. I think he feels it so deeply, he can't do anything else but play it and translate it(or should I say, Say IT) to us via the guitar. It is truly a beautiful thing. If I could count the times I had been moved to tears, let alone just moved, the number would be staggering. His music is just so expressive. Very much like a good abstract painter does with color, shape, etc. You look at the painting and you feel SOMETHING! Only the guitar is TR's brush. You hear the guitar and FEEL SOMETHING!! Hats off to the man!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2001 :  12:15:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
And then they were free probably moves me the most... but i think entity and valley of flowers are just sooo damn beautiful... they move me alot as well.

Patriotism is a maggot in their heads. - Henry D. Thoreau
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Is Anybody Here?

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2001 :  9:16:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Sarah an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim is one of the few who has made me cry. He can be real depressive with his playing and you are my sanity has so much depth. one of the most beautiful moments in my life was listening to entity. it was like, everything, me my soul, my existence was following those hovering notes. and theres a part where he builds up to this one note, and its so beautiful and your waiting for him to finish it off and complete you, and he just doesnt play that last note. its like being on the verge of something and then it just all stops.

Sarah Q
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2001 :  10:59:28 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i think that the resolving note your looking for sounds in the chord he plays after the build up, only it's an octave lower. sometimes the resolutions you're seeking appear in an unlooked-for form...wait..that's cheesy.

when you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
Is Anybody Here?

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2001 :  02:17:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Sarah an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah i think your right, its a little drowned out and probally a couple octaves lower but he ties it all together so well

Sarah Q
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000