Sleep Train Amphitheatre
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rdj218
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2004 :  12:57:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit rdj218's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Has anyone here been to Sleep Train Amphitheatre
in Marysville, CA? If so, is it a cool place to have lawn tix?

reesa j

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2004 :  8:17:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it's too south from where I am, was thinking of heading over there for the DMB concert though...

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2004 :  9:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Out of the venues I've been too, Sac Valley Ampitheatre (Sleep Train is a bullshit corporate name) is one of my favorites. It's a lot like Shoreline, but the lawn isn't as damn steep. I love the lawn there, it's really great and mellow, just get there fairly early.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

rdj218
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  03:27:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit rdj218's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Out of the venues I've been to, Sac Valley Ampitheatre (Sleep Train is a bullshit corporate name) is one of my favorites. It's a lot like Shoreline, but the lawn isn't as damn steep. I love the lawn there, it's really great and mellow, just get there fairly early.

thanks for the input

how are the seats? Does the sound go over your head like at Shoreline?

reesa j
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  03:53:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I actually had reserved seats for the last two DMB concerts there, 2003 and 2002, and it's really nice. I think they specifically designed Sac Valley Amp, to try and correct the problems they ran into with Shoreline.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

rdj218
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  04:37:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit rdj218's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well, I actually had reserved seats for the last two DMB concerts there, 2003 and 2002, and it's really nice. I think they specifically designed Sac Valley Amp, to try and correct the problems they ran into with Shoreline.

That's awesome to hear cause I'm hoping to catch the DMB there too]
thank you!
*what r the chances Tim joins in?

reesa j
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  08:45:34 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rdj218

*what r the chances Tim joins in?

I'd say not very good. After his last show, a few guys were trying to "convince" him to play at SPAC. He seemed flattered in an "ain't gonna happen, but I appreciate the sentiment" kinda way. I'd be quite surprised if he showed up this tour.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2004 :  12:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope he doesn't. I'd much rather him come to the west coast solo.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

rdj218
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  12:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit rdj218's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Both would be rad

I'd love to see Tim play with the DMB again and I'd love to see Tim solo... I haven't had the chance to see Tim solo. I hope He comes to the Wcoast or Bay area!

reesa j
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  01:16:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
RDJ WHERE YOU AT?!?!?! I LIVE IN BAY AREA!!!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  03:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Psh. The Bay Area is for fools! Have fun with your over expensive prices!

Actually, I've heard rumours a-brewin' that DMB might try to do a West Coast music festival, since they ditched out on doing their normal two night stay at Shoreline. I don't believe it personally, but it'd be a reason to go to the bay area or THE CITY!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

rdj218
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  11:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit rdj218's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Actually, I've heard rumours a-brewin' that DMB might try to do a West Coast music festival, since they ditched out on doing their normal two night stay at Shoreline. I don't believe it personally, but it'd be a reason to go to the bay area or THE CITY!

...but the amount of money you can make here goes along with the rents, plus I can do whatever I want here(as far as job opps go)-- however, it does suck that my favorite music artists, Tim is one, don't come this way very often.

I realllllly hope the DMB will play at GGPark, you can bet i'll be sharing Cali's finest-- the last concert I went to there was for the BGrm tibute.

reesa j
Go to Top of Page

rdj218
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  11:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit rdj218's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Macht

RDJ WHERE YOU AT?!?!?! I LIVE IN BAY AREA!!!

Sbay...and you?

*** did you make it to the D+F Oaktown concert in Jan? That concert still makes me super gitty(sp)!!!! That whole concert had me and my friend going... There was something in their energy too that was WAY off-the-hook!

reesa j
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  11:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
nuhuh, I was so pissed, I wanted to go so bad, but i was broke at the time... lol I even asked my teacher if he could spare some money, he said he would but it was fater christmas and he ahd a family and...

Yeah I live in the South Bay too, near San Mateo

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  2:11:31 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Regarding the Sleeptrain Ampitheatre, it's a really nice venue. There's plenty of parking and a giant lawn that isn't as sloped as Shoreline. It is in the valley, so bring your sunscreen if you are going to be waiting in line.

quote:

That would be pretty sweet. I was surprised to find out that DMB would not be playing at Shoreline this year. I always look forward to that concert.

I read somewhere that DMB applied for permits for a two-day show (supposedly free) at Golden Gate Park. That would truly rock, I live just a few blocks from there.

quote:

*** did you make it to the D+F Oaktown concert in Jan? That concert still makes me super gitty(sp)!!!! That whole concert had me and my friend going... There was something in their energy too that was WAY off-the-hook!

I was at that show, best concert experience of my life.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

rdj218
Try A Little Harder

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2004 :  3:44:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit rdj218's Homepage  Reply with Quote
... best concert experience of my life.[/quote]

me too--I've seen some amazing concerts too.

reesa j
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2004 :  02:21:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, the DMB run last year was amazing. 7/30 Sleep Train, 8/1 & 8/2 at Shoreline was unbelievable. It totally blew The Gorge shows out of the water.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000