Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Stream Question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SMurphy
Is Anybody Here?

8 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  5:21:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit SMurphy's Homepage  Send SMurphy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
On the live at luther college disc - Tim's song Stream is awesome. What effect is he using after he loops the harmonic? Is that the volume pedal? Very cool sound...

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2004 :  6:29:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's exactly it... volume swells.

Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2004 :  4:42:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SMurphy

On the live at luther college disc - Tim's song Stream is awesome. What effect is he using after he loops the harmonic? Is that the volume pedal? Very cool sound...

He doesn't loop the harmonic
He makes Daves matthews sing "DING" over and over until the end of the song

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

gpants12188
Is Anybody Here?

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2004 :  7:41:00 PM  Show Profile  Send gpants12188 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
there is no way that dave sings DING over and over until the song ends, i am a die hard dave fan and at the end of the previous track which is typical situation dave says that he is leaving the set and he had tim play something for the crowd so dave was not even on the set when tim was playing stream

-Steve

- Steve
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2004 :  8:00:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that was a joke :P

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  3:20:13 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpants12188

there is no way that dave sings DING over and over until the song ends, i am a die hard dave fan and at the end of the previous track which is typical situation dave says that he is leaving the set and he had tim play something for the crowd so dave was not even on the set when tim was playing stream

-Steve

I agree..........

that this was a joke.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  4:31:26 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guitarted
He doesn't loop the harmonic
He makes Daves matthews sing "DING" over and over until the end of the song

I knew there was a reason why those DING's are off key.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

guitarted
Chatterbox

Canada
487 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2004 :  10:02:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gpants12188

-Steve

Oh my god, this is the funniest thing in the world. I started laughing my ass off when I read this. He actually thought I was serious!

Tim, come to Canada!
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2004 :  1:31:15 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have to admit, I actually laughed at that too. I sincerely hope he was using an extremely subtle joke in response, but if he was serious...wow.

~James

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Macht
Chatterbox

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2004 :  1:49:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Macht an AOL message  Reply with Quote
getting paid to go ding ding ding over and over again would be cool... yesterday i got paid for yelling ON and OFF over and over again, but nowhere near musically

Authorities here are alert
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2004 :  04:25:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my god that was utterly hilarious and shameful. I've been studying DMB fans for erratic behavior and language usage, and have discovered that this mysterious "set", is what, in English, we would call a "stage".

All in good fun though. But seriously buddy, you really put your foot into it with that one. At least you can start a new Profile since you only had two posts anyways.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000