David Gray have a CD out of he does whats it called and where can
I get it. How old is this song anyways ? PS nomadic wavelength
is a great album much props to everyone behind it

Peace
Ryan Massey

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2001 :  03:34:26 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
that song is mislabled. It is Gov't Mule, not David Grey. There is another one out there called soulshine with Tim and the Mule!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2001 :  04:13:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanx for solving that mystery for me. I got a bunch of emails tonite, all at the same time wanting to know about this and all I could think was, Tim has never mentioned that. And now I know why. It's the Mule and not David Gray. DOAH!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2001 :  04:19:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What is it from anyway? I do not know about this. Thanx!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2001 :  4:21:28 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They are live recordings of these songs, so I'm guessing that someone taped one of the Gov't Mule shows from when Tim toured with (opened for) them.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2001 :  9:43:44 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I like David Gray....it would be cool if he and Tim did do something together.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Mellow Trippin
Is Anybody Here?

11 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  12:03:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm well thanks so much for the info I would of looked like
an ass going around asking for David Gray CDs and shit, so
does anyone know if this Gov Mule guy has a CD or CDs ??
Just wondering and is Tim ever going to come around SE Kansas ?

Another pitcher sir
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  07:55:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Govt Mule is still kicking(pardon the pun) even though they recently lost a founding member. The new CD is on Dave's ATO record label. From what I hear it is awesome, but I have not heard it as of yet. He is playing with a plethora of special guests paying tribute to their fallen comrade. Check it out! I think you will really dig it if you liked that. I hear it is mostly acoustic. But again, I do not know for sure. But Govt Mule KICKS major ass so I am sure it will not let me down.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  07:57:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, forgot to mention, Govt Mule was founded by X members of The Allman Bros. Hope this helps.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  5:57:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Mellow, there is a singer/songwriter named David Gray but he just doesn't happen to have ever played with our timmy. He's big in Ireland or so i've heard.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2001 :  06:55:22 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Coincidentally, David Gray is also on ATO(DMB's label) Weird, huh? You mistake Govt Mule for someone on the same label and they are both Dave related. Just to bizarre. It truly is a small world.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2001 :  11:32:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The new Govt. Mule album features a collection of some of the best bass players on the planet. Including DMB's Stefan Lessard, and The one...the only...the Tim Reynolds of the bass guitar.. Victor Lemonte Wooten.

Check it out y'all.

I said y'all and I am from Oregon....wtf is wrong with me?

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2001 :  11:38:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
somewhat related to the topic....does any one have the acoustic david gray cd on....I have his studio album and that one is ok but I am curious about the acoustic album...and who better to ask about acoustic stuff then the boys and girls of the timmy board!!!!!! What is some opinions on it if you have it or have heard anything about it...Thanks

Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2001 :  12:46:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Its decent...

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2001 :  04:27:02 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I recomend the Live at Roseland Ballroom disc. You know... come to think of it I guess there are some similarities between TR3 and Gov't Mule. Both have bad-ass lead guitarists and a tite drum and bass unit, and both pour out some serious rock!!!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2001 :  4:37:09 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

somewhat related to the topic....does any one have the acoustic david gray cd on....I have his studio album and that one is ok but I am curious about the acoustic album...and who better to ask about acoustic stuff then the boys and girls of the timmy board!!!!!! What is some opinions on it if you have it or have heard anything about it...Thanks

It is TOO depressing, as is most of his stuff.

Peace

-Jason-

'F*** that, man, I don't play songs. I jam.'
Go to Top of Page

Jason
Chatterbox

194 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2001 :  6:01:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the opinions gang...

Go to Top of Page

Mellow Trippin
Is Anybody Here?

11 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2001 :  01:00:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All right ya I saw the show but thats a long way away from
Kansas, so does anyone know of any other good bands with similiar
style to it ???

Ryan

Another pitcher sir
Go to Top of Page

krystal
Try A Little Harder

USA
92 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2001 :  2:19:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the David Gray acoustic CD "Lost Songs" and I love it.

Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  12:12:28 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love David Gray. I have White Ladder, Lost Songs, Sell, Sell, Sell, and A Century Ends. Great shit on all the CDs. The only one I don't have yet is Flesh.

Depressing? Of course, but whats wrong with that, I like to be depressed by music at the right times...like when I'm already depressed.

I don't know..but when I'm depressed I'd much rather hear a David Gray song like As I'm Leaving or Shine than something like DMB...."makes me wanna, makes me wanna STAY!!!"....but thats just me...

When I'm depressed, I listen to depressing music....though it would probably make more sense to listen to happymusic when I'm depressed.

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  03:19:38 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Adam (and all you depressed depressing music lovers), I totally understand that. I have certain music I listen to when I'm depressed (or pissed off, those moods are almost interchangeable for me...)

I listen to something hard, along the lines of NIN or Korn or something. Works out all that depressed energy that I'm sure everyone knows about. And I can listen to Dave at any time and be in a more upbeat mood, no matter where it started. And TR has just moved into that category with me. I was more or less a passive listener before this weekend, but with See Into Your Soul and Gossip, I can totally fell the emotion (and seeing it helps) and so that makes me immediately more happy.

Man, I'm rambling.

Peace

-Jason-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  03:48:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Jason, I totally agree with you on Gossip of the Neurons! That record amazes me everytime I listen to it. Seems like evertime I play it I hear something I didn't the last time. That record definately moves me on a spiritual level like no other of Tims albums.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  03:56:01 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Every time I listen to Big Blast Of Hot Air (on Gossip, of course), I am taken back to the very first time I visited this site and played the flash intro. I think I'll never forget that relationship. It is a great one, because it introduced me to the pleasant side of the music industry.

I think that song is absolutely perfect for that intro. It is probably one of the more easily identifyable ones, which makes people feel more at home.

I could probably go on and on about that one song. It simply amazes me. I skipped back to it just now (being as it is that Gossip is playing now anyway). And I think of my first visit here....meeting the board, Fluffy....I'm getting all teary eyed....

Peace

-Jason-
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2001 :  04:06:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know the feeling, how well I know the feeling. Keep listening it just gets better!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Mellow Trippin
Is Anybody Here?

11 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  12:03:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gossip ehhh sounds cool, guess I will have to check it out
sometime soon, just a question for anyone with answers is
tim gonna team up with anyone anytime soon or does that shit
just happen ? Just wondering, he seems to compliment and enhance
whatever other artist he plays with. Ahh well I think I hear
Jack Daniels calling my name peace

Ryan

Another pitcher sir
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2001 :  07:28:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey mellowtrippin, Here are a couple of links to info about Tim collaborations. Hope this helps. Check them out!

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=142

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=114

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=21

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

suckafish
Is Anybody Here?

2 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2001 :  9:24:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, David Gray and Tim need to do a gig together. Tim would bring new dinamics to David's songs. Babylon would sound so good with Tim jammin along side David Gray.

Fluffy, what is your favorite David Gray song?

M@tt
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000