Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Questions about 11/10 show in Atlanta Georgia.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

music1059
Is Anybody Here?

12 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2001 :  11:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everybody this will be my first Tim show. Yeah Im a tim virgin but I've been listening to his music for about 3 years now but have always missed him live but not now I fought my parents for months on this show considering he doesn't take the stage untill after midnight. Anyways heres some questions I have. When do the doors open at the Variety Playhouse? What time is the opening act going to take the stage because on this website it says after midnight Tim will play and on the Variety Playhouse website it says around 10:00 he will play? Is there any order like Devon, Greg , Tim or Greg, Devon, Tim? What should I do and not do at a Tim show? What should I expect? Fluffy is there anyway I could meet you or Tim that would be badass to finally shake hands with the guy i've been talking to for months now. Also me and a friend plan on getting a few cds at the show what should I get im more interested in getting some of his electric albums because I have some of his acoustic stuff should I get the one where he plays with Mike and the recent improv one with Greg Howard?

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2001 :  02:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey bro, I'll try to answer a few of your questions...

quote:
When do the doors open at the Variety Playhouse?

The doors probably open pretty soon before the show...That's because there's someone playing before Tim that night (and of course before Greg too). Some lady (Suzanne Westenhoefer) that has nothing at all to do with Tim.

As for what time the show actually starts, I'm not sure...Variety says 10:30 and 10:00 both, Tim says 12:00. I think Variety probably knows, tho. Suzanne is a comedian, so she'll probably be done pretty quickly, giving time and all for setting up for Tim by 10:30. So I'd bet on 10:30 if I were you.

quote:
What should I do and not do at a Tim show?
You should NOT scream during any song. Don't scream STREAM or anything like that. Just enjoy! Respect Tim.

quote:
What should I expect?
Expect to be blown away by great music.

quote:
Also me and a friend plan on getting a few cds at the show what should I get im more interested in getting some of his electric albums because I have some of his acoustic stuff should I get the one where he plays with Mike and the recent improv one with Greg Howard?

Sorry, I can't help you with this one, really. Sanctuary is a great one, if you ask me, but I don't have them all either, so I dunno.

Hope that helps you some. Maybe I'll see you there. I think there's a picture of me somewhere on this site, so you can probably get at what to look for if you want to find me by finding that picture.

Peace

-Jason-

'F*** that, man, I don't play songs. I jam.'
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2001 :  03:40:14 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Puke Matrix Tour and Astral Projection both rock the Hizzouse (whatever that means) I highly recomend both!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2001 :  04:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well Tim only has 3 CDs with Electric work. Live Puke Matrix, which is a live recording of Tim so he tends to solo a little more and Astral Projection which is a studio offering from the same line up as on Live Puke. TR-guitar+ keys Houston Ross-Bass Johnny Gilmore-Drums
Sanctuary is a double disc set and Tim plays all the instruments on this. Some is electric and some is acoustic. It is his most eclectic CD. The styles vary greatly while at the same times staying very cohesive. It is an awesome place to start if you can only get one. There are 2 Tim and Greg CDs. Sticks and Stones which just came out. It is a recording from '87 that was originally released on cassette only. This is the first time on CD. It is Tim and Greg on guitar and stick only doing a 58 min improv piece. The second is Transmigration which again is just Tim and Greg only they play lots of different instruments together. Hope this helps. I will post info on showtimes when I advance the show. Keep checking back for more details as I get them.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  09:03:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Heres the deal for Atlanta. There are 2 shows that nite. Apparently there is an early show that is a comedian, then they will clear the club and doors will reopen for the TR and Greg Howard show. Tentative set times are 10:30 for Greg and 11:30 for TR. You can expect that with the way clubs work things may run a little later. I do not see how they could run earlier. So if you are there by 10pm. You should be OK. Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  09:36:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
With such a late set... do you think that Tim will still come out to meet everyone after the show? Can't believe that show is tomorrow... seemed like it would never arrive!
-J

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  09:44:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He has done it b4. We will cross our fingers and hope he is up to it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  10:19:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope someone going to the show in Hotlanta comes back with a review for the board for those of us who won't be there! It's gonna be a good show. Thanx....I'll be waiting!

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  10:34:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wish you could be there for the Grope Hug Evergreen ;)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  10:40:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me Toooooo!!!!!! I'm all a flutter just thinking about it. I really should do some work today, but this is too much fun!
I'll be going up to Montreal this weekend to see Slayer and Disturbed,(not at the same show unfortunately) that should be exciting. I'm planning on wearing my steel toed boots with a mini skirt(what's your opinion on that). But I know I won't have as much fun as I would if I were coming down there.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  10:53:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOW!! Slayer, Awesome! We have been listening to the new one religiously. I bet it will be a great show. I posted somewhere else on the board about Disturbed. They high on my list of current faves. I just bought the CD while we were in Chicago at Metal Haven. TR turned me onto it. I had heard the big hit song before and kinda dug it but hearing the album opened my ears. I love that guys vocals and his phrasing is awesome. Very unique cadence and rhythm to it. I saw them on Reverb the other nite with Mudvayne, another awesome band you should check out, if you haven't already. Their vocalist can jump between heavy metal scream to soft and warm without missing a beat. Ask any vocalist, that is not so EZ to do. I'd think your choice of outfit would definitely do it for me. You go grrl! Let me know how the shows are. We were just talking about Disturbed and the fact that none of us would probably get to see them because we were on tour. We were bummed. TR's stepson Jostin just saw Rob Zombie and reported back that it was awesome. Again, we were envious.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  11:10:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think Mudvayne is one of the warm-ups! I'll surely check it out now! Sometimes I skip the warm up bands so I can linger longer in the hotel room working on my buzz! However, alot of alcohol and a mosh pit don't exactly go too well together sometimes, so it'll be more of the other stuff if you know what I mean! Thanx for the review, I'll give you a full update when I get back, if I get back! Last time i went to the Metropolis in Montreal I almost didn't make it out alive. Being small and all. But that does help when I want to scurry out under everyones legs.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  11:36:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Make sure you catch Mudvayne. I think you will really dig them. I find you are correct alcohol and mosh pits do not mix. With all this wabbit talk, I think its funny you chose to mention who ez it is to scurry under peoples legs when you are small. Great things come in small packages. Damn I said, come AND packages. This board is turning into quite the double entendre(sp)We are going to have to make a list of SAFE words. We all need to get our minds out of the gutter, OR NOT?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  11:48:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NOT!
yeah, but I'm not sure I like the word small with come and packages.
But thanx for the compliment or is that condiment?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  11:53:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great things cum with Big Packages. One for the girls! He shrinks as his manhood is attacked.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  12:33:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to say I'd never attack your manhood, but really, I would!HeHe

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2001 :  07:29:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would expect no less! No quarter, No Mercy! I'll take it on the chin. Ouch, that hurt so good!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000