New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kundalini69
Is Anybody Here?

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2003 :  11:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Saw the Penn State concert on Friday, but I unfortunately missed the Dave and Tim acousitc portion because of traffic....I wanted to shoot myself when I found out about it, cause I wasnt really expecting acoustic stuff, and Tim on the acoustic is my favorite. Anyway, am I the only one that was hoping for a solo Tim song and was really disappointed it didn't happen? Also, did anyone else have a difficult time hearing Tim's electric guitar during the band portion? It seemed like Trey's guitar was turned way up, but maybe thats just because I was sitting on Trey's side of the stage. Still going to the Philly and Hartford shows, so hopefully I'll get to see more of Tim there.

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  04:55:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, i was dissapointed. dave solo. trey vocals. this and that, that and this. but no tim solo. oh well.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  05:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ah! I see. Trey sang on the Little Feat cover. That's really cool they played a Little Feat. I'm looking forward to seeing the covers they pull out.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

DMBFreak84
Is Anybody Here?

43 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  07:35:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit DMBFreak84's Homepage  Send DMBFreak84 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i was hoping there would be a tim solo, but unfortunately everyone else is too caught up in dave and trey that they share no love for tim, i cant stand trey, oh well

"I apologize for my guitar refusing all tuning commands"

http://no-other.org
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  07:57:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like Trey.

I love Tim.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  12:43:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I will be at the Philly show. I may hang out at the bar for a bit before the show starts. Erich, if I don't hear from you before maybe I will see you at the show.

Also anyone taking I-95 South to get to the show who want to know a real easy spot to park (part of the complex parking, $10) to get back on I-95 north after the show email me and I will tell you how to go.

I have Flyers season tickets so I park in this lot for all the games and I don't have to fight the crowds getting out.

Jesse if you are going and want to ride with me, my house is on your way, just email me if you need my phone #.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2003 :  7:05:48 PM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
PJK, I'm going but not from TCNJ. After my 8AM exam, I'm packing up my car and heading home, studying until 4 or so, and then around 5-5:30 heading to the show. Thanks for the offer though. And hey, Vic Wooten in going to be in Philly at the TLA on Jan. 8.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  11:51:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jesse, sorry to have missed seeing you last night. Hope you enjoyed the concert as much as I did.

Kundalini69, I am really sorry you missed the Dave/TIM acoustic portion, it was awesome at the Philly show!

The mix was great too, even I could hear TIMs guitar quite well. I am not usually as good at picking that out, like so many of you here are.

The show was amazing, but I will let Erich give the review as he is sooo much more musically knowledgeable than I am. I am just so grateful to have been there. I was expecting a "competition" between Trey and TIM or at least Trey over shadowing TIM but I couldn't have been more wrong. The entire band was outstanding, you could tell they were having the time of their life playing together.

Only downside was having the concert on an Eagles Monday night football night and "Eagle" chants all through the concert. Being from the Philly area and knowing what a huge sports town it is I have come to expect that, but it would have been a better concert without it.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

kundalini69
Is Anybody Here?

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  4:33:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I missed the Dave and Tim set at PSU.... I saw everything last night though. The Dave and Tim set rocked....I can never get enough of seeing Tim go crazy at the end of Dancing Nancies. Ive been playing the guitar for 12 years and I still cant get my right arm to move that fast. Yeah, some kind of "dueling guitars" thing would be cool with Tim and Trey, and yeah even though I love the Eagles, the Eagles chants during quiet parts of songs really sucked. Overall great energy last night, especially from the band.

Oh, I think the best part of the show was during the Dave and Tim set during the jam halfway through Crush. There was some kind of miscommunication between Dave and Tim and they screwed up....there was this 10 second awkward pause, then they just busted into another (and much cooler) jam....it ruled. Can't wait for the Hartford show.
Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  5:07:56 PM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What an AWESOME show Philly was. I never saw Tim get into the music that much; he looked like he was having a blast (and so did everyone else). Never saw Dave dance that much either. Solsbury Hill was awesome, so was everything else.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2003 :  7:55:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
kundalini69 Yeah, I liked the part when Dave and TIM messed up on Crush too! Really funny! TIM was laughing quite a bit last night, he was having a blast! BTW Welcome to the board! I thought you had posted before. Hope you will continue to post in the future!

That was such a fun concert!

Erich, hope you got home ok and got some sleep!

Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  12:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Btw, I think I saw Erich while I was walking around in the hallway before I went to my seat (I recognized the hair).
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2003 :  01:56:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
im alright, i just passed out when i got back. actualy, i passed out a little after i got back, cause i saw someone had the show for download by the time i got home ().

You shouldve said hi, bugman

cant wait for MSG!

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000