Favorite Acoustic shows?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  10:03:50 PM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've already kinda asked this, but I didnt get many replies. So i am just curious as to when Tim has played an acoustic( i.e. what tours exactly). And what is a good acoustic show. Thanks for the help. Enjoy the music.

I'm almost there...

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  10:09:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the archive, the show from 1997 is one of my favorites. It's a lot like the "Gossip of the Neurons" live album. If you want straight acoustic, there is one show from 2003 that is strict acoustic that is really good. But check out his electric stuff too.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  10:56:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here are the most current acoustic tours that i know of:

2000 - summer/fall

2001 - spring/fall

There are many shows to download from these tours at the following link:

http://archive.org/audio/etree-searchresults.php?search=tim%20reynolds&total=37&start=0&limit=100&sort=date&submit=yes&collection=etree&searchAll=yes

Hope that helps.
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  11:02:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Check out the 2003 acoustic show as mentioned above. It rocks...bigtime! I have it in the FTP. You can also get it throught the archive. Later...

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2003 :  11:52:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
my fave is 10/26/00. I suggest listening to them all and coming to your own conclusions, as some people like others better.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

sciphish
Chatterbox

USA
155 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  12:09:06 AM  Show Profile  Send sciphish an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into them all. I cant but feel a little excited. I have been playing guitar for about 6 months. ANd have progressed very fast. I believe that D+T shows have helped. I have heard alot of Tims amazing antics. And i have to say that am blown away. Im gald to say i am a fullfledged fan. Thanks in part to you guys(very mellow but intelligent crwod). I hope we meet at a show some time. Have a Goodnight.

I'm almost there...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2003 :  02:53:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sciphish:

...you guys(very mellow but intelligent crowd).

That's how I like to think of us! Heh.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2003 :  11:47:41 AM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

quote:
Originally posted by sciphish:

...you guys(very mellow but intelligent crowd).

That's how I like to think of us! Heh.

Don't we all?? haha (I think SCIPHISH missed some of our toppics from about 5 months ago. pipes or cheese anyone?
Go to Top of Page

Jamie M
Chatterbox

Canada
404 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2003 :  8:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Where/what date was the strict acoustic show from this year?
Go to Top of Page

ChemicalMan
Is Anybody Here?

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  08:05:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone that has been to and downloaded from the archive.org site help me out. I downloaded a show and it's one file. It says it's a zip file, but doesn't look like it. Do I just need to use WinZip on it and then mkwACT and I'll be able to listen to it? Thanks for the help.
Go to Top of Page

DMBFanSJ
Try A Little Harder

78 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2003 :  12:39:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChemicalMan

Can someone that has been to and downloaded from the archive.org site help me out. I downloaded a show and it's one file. It says it's a zip file, but doesn't look like it. Do I just need to use WinZip on it and then mkwACT and I'll be able to listen to it? Thanks for the help.

Try changing the file extension to .zip, that should fix your problem. After you unzip it just use mkwact, yah.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000