Taping / Trading / Recording
 downloading help
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SpaceMonkey
Chatterbox

315 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  01:49:23 AM  Show Profile  Send SpaceMonkey an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm gonna be "that guy"...

I've been encountering problems downloading shows from the acrchive, specifically the message: "Error reported by ShnDll32.dll: failed to write decompressed stream."

I've tried downloading 10.8.01 and 10.30.01 multiple times and ultimately get this message when trying to convert the .shns...I did download 10.20.01 without any problems.

Can I get some help. Thanks.

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2003 :  03:14:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
With regards of downloading, use the FTP on the archive. Its a much better way to download, and its generally much faster. Most FTP clients have built in port-transfer scans anyways, so the files can be downloaded more error-proof. Try the new WSFTP. My personal favorite. I've always been a WSFTP guy though, so I am biased.

Some of then shns floating around are inconvertible. I have tried converting them myself for purposes of burning a backup, and I have got the same error you have. Don't know what to tell you except try using Pro Audio software. I use Cakewalk (various), and that is the only thing that seems to work (for me), but you have to get the software, and then go through the hassle of getting shn updates for it. Most don't have any shn support, but besides that, thats all I can tell you. Good luck.

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: