Im listening to french rap!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  2:46:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
this stuffs fucking great

Saian Supa Crew

find some stuff by them: Angela, A ço' Mow (Hamisow Boh), A Demi-Nue, Ragots, and their funny beatbox covers of Ring My Bell and Voodo Chille.

~pw'oikr
~( ">

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  3:44:14 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There's a really trendy bar here in San Francisco we occasionally go to...one night they had a dj spinning French rap. I must agree, even though you can't understand what they're saying, I think it's better than what America puts out.

Now British rap is something completely different. I went on a trip a few months ago to Yosemite with a bunch of traveling Europeans. One of the British kids put in this rapper, don't know the name, but one of his songs was called "Get Fucked up on Brandy" I think. Absolutely terrible (or should I say rubbish?)

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Meat
Try A Little Harder

56 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2003 :  3:58:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Uncle Meat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well, to relate to Erich (with the H), here is the closest thing to French Rap I've listened to:

Song #1:
But when the Mademoiselles see me, they all swoon and shriek
They dig my mystique, they say I'm c'est magnifique
When I'm in Par-ee, I'm the chic-est of the chic

Song #2:
I say the girls is all salty
'N the boys is all sweet
I said the food ain't too shabby,
An' they piss in the street
Down in France

(Song names are not noted to protect the artists )

"Have you ever tried saying: 'Mike and Frank?'"
Go to Top of Page

SurferX
Chatterbox

USA
263 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  06:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit SurferX's Homepage  Send SurferX an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That 1st song is a damn good song. It makes me feel smarter after I listen to it.

--Zak
Go to Top of Page

Uncle Meat
Try A Little Harder

56 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2003 :  5:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Uncle Meat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SurferX

That 1st song is a damn good song. It makes me feel smarter after I listen to it.

Yeah, me too. The 2nd one is damn good too. It makes me feel cleaner and Johnny Guitar Watson gots soul.

"Have you ever tried saying: 'Mike and Frank?'"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000