What we listen to on the road
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2001 :  07:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This seems to be a commonly asked question, So as far as what we listen to, It is never the radio. We all bring CDs and we take turns playing stuff. Things you might hear in the TR touring van:
Fear Factory
New Perry Farrell
Pantera
John McLaughlin and Mahavishnu Orch
Donovan
The Who
Chris Whitley
Machinehead
Butthole Surfers
New Slayer album(AWESOME)
Neurosis
My Life with the Thrill Kill Kult
Revolting Cocks
NIN
Ministry
Yes
Steve Stevens
Psychic TV
Motorhead
Bomb
Henry Rollins
Joe Walsh
Frank Zappa
Kittie
Brujeria
Black Sabbath
Depeche Mode
Nick Cave
Unida
Kyuss
Monster Magnet
Pink Floyd
Skinny Puppy(a big fave right now)
Ohgr(solo stuff)
Spirit Caravan
Prong
Queens of the Stoneage
Old Man Gloom
ISIS
Karma to Burn
Laughing Hyenas
Helmet(another big fave at the moment)
Foetus
Swans
ZZ Top
Deep Purple

These are the things I can remember we have listened to so far on this tour.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2001 :  07:29:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There is actually a setlist posted in a thread for one trip we made. You can check it out at:

http://www.timreynolds.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=348

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

jen-jen
Is Anybody Here?

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2001 :  10:35:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So does Tim actually sing along to songs in the car? Just wondering if he likes to sings, since he doesn't with his music. (Is he any good?)

:) JEN (:

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2001 :  12:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim has a nice bunch of songs that he sings on... just not solo stuff. My fav that he sings on is Skeleton Walls... i love that guitar intro to it... and it rocks like a mo-fo.

This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to - TOOL
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2001 :  05:59:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey JenJen, He usually does not sing along but he sure bangs his head alot, he lets the music take him. Although I did catch him singing along to Just One Fix the other day, but he used to cover that one with the Electric Trio on the first couple of tours I did with him. He also covered a Prodigy song called Poison. Just One Fix is by Ministry, for anyone who doesn't know.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2001 :  4:15:16 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have both of those covers if anyone is interested in hearing them... actually I think I sent a bunch of the cover mp3s to Jon. (including some Hendrix and Marley songs that Tim did in the early 90's) Are you still planning on putting those up for download Jon?

Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2001 :  12:30:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What are you waiting for Jon, put those on the ftp, we'd all love to hear them.

Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2001 :  3:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TR3/Puke Matrix has Tim singing you should check some out if you haven't, Superb!!

I know Fluffy said they never listen to the radio, but sometimes it can be a good thing. There is something to be said for some of the underground college radio stations. It's the first place I heard TR's music. 90.1WRUV from Burlington VT(college station). I tuned in one day and they were playing stuff from Astral Projection and the live Puke Matrix tour. About 2 minutes into Backdoor(still one of my all time fav's), I was scrambling and fumbling for the recording apparatus and managed to get some of it. I had to actually call the place to find out who it was. Been a fan ever since. Now, sometimes I fill in as DJ there and always play Tim's stuff. If your ever in the area(and i mean right in the city because the signal doesn't travel far), check it out. You will never here popular top 40 stuff! Although it sounds like the tour van is overflowing with great music so why deal with the radio when most of it is of the limp fred variety.......

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2001 :  5:49:20 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That is an excellent story Evergreen! You don't know how glad I am to hear how many people are digging the heavy Tr3 stuff these days!!!!

I got to be a DJ for my college station once last year and I played Put the Gas Mask On. Unfortunately is was at some ungodly hour around 5 am so I doubt anyone even heard it.

Oh, and I agree with you... independant radio is the only radio worth listening to these days.

Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  01:57:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Fluffy,

Have you or TnT ever listened to Carcass?

-Xar666

We're going to Vegas to croak a scag baron named Savage Henry. I've known him for years but he ripped us off. And you know what that means...
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  07:38:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Evergreen, is Backdoor track 4? If it is that is my fave as well. I always start the disc at track 4 then play it to the end and then go back and listen to 1-3. Of course Rew has listened to much Carcass. I think he brought some along on one of the tours, so Tim has probably heard them but he has never mentioned them in any way shape or form. By the way, Tim Rew always sings along in the van. He actually looks like he is performing onstage, hand gestures and all. It is so cute!(that may not be the right word, but you know what I mean)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

Evergreen
Yak Addict

960 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  08:15:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is indeed track 4 and I always start with that one too!

Cute is definitely the right word!!!!!
How's his voice...do we have another talent we don't know about?

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2001 :  08:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
He sings in that death metal voice. Good, Bad, who knows. Isn't it just growling. HEHE

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000