Retarded people need not post!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  12:58:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here's another brainless wonder (he is ironically from nancies.org). By the way Arthen, I saw them rippin on you until you threw out the whole I follow what Fluffy, TR's tour manager says, and that seemed to silence the nancies people like a paper bull.

Anyways, I just got an email from a claimed-to-be die-hard Dave Matthews fan who criticized me for two things about the ftp server.

1) He accused me of not being a true DMB fan because I had no DMB or solo DM material.

2) Seconly, he accused me of not appeasing DMB fans by not putting any of their albums in the ftp. He said that "you have 2 Tim Reynolds albums but not one single friggin' DM or DMB album? What the hell gives dude?"

OK, let me address this idiot. I like DM. I heard of TR through DM like a lot of people around I'm sure. But, I am not running a damn DM server. I am running a TR server!!! What the hell do some people not understand about that? I guess they feel that we are disgracing or not giving Dave any credit when he gets it all anyways. Come on retards. I'm not ripping on nancies people or any one group in particular, I'm just saying that if you are coming to the boards and are expecting to find DM stuff, sadly you are in the wrong place my friend.

In order to address the second issue this numbnuts accused me of, I will refer to the whole, hmmm, how should I put this. Oh, yeah, COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!!!!! I cannot put any albums in there except for the ones that TR has released for free, online. Examples would be ID and Petroglyph. Not even TR's other albums, let alone DMB's. My father ran the Patent & Trademark in Washington DC for about 25 years. I know a little bit more than the average person about these laws (I guess), but when you try to explain to some people about these laws, and they still send a reply email about how that shouldn't matter at all, it kinda bugs ya and makes ya chuckle a bit.

I apologize if you are reading this and it sounds like I am bitching. I don't mean to do that, but if you are new around here to the boards, TR's music, or whatever, please understand that I am not gonna get a Federal subpoena cause someone wants some free Dave stuff. You're not gonna find it because this is TIM REYNOLDS website. Here's a link to DMB's: www.dmband.com

This is all pretty funny to me. Any thoughts? In the public forum? I challenge you to reply here, where the other true TR fans lie!!!

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
http://www.timreynolds.com/torrents
timreynoldsftp@hotmail.com
Peace...

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  01:08:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BTW, just for the record. I think that nancies is a great site with cool people. Kudos to them and all their success. They are like us, just for DMB. Sorry if it sounded like I was attacking them. LOL.

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  01:09:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ID, Petroglyph, and Light Up Ahead as per fluffy's permision to trade it since its out of print.

Otherwise, i feel ya.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  01:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Erich, I didn't know that Light Up Ahead was available for distribution. Would I be able to it get from you (or anyone) for the server? I have tried to get a copy anywhere/everywhere and no luck thus far (since its out of print). Thanks.

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  02:12:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
dont have it, but Jason does (enthuTIMsiast), he might be able to hook you, and subsequently everyone who hits your server, up.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  03:14:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, don't everyone get all in an uproar, BUT I talked to TR and he has a few copies of Light Up Ahead that he MIGHT be willing to sell. We had talked about taking them on the last TouR but TR forgot to bring them so they still sit at his house. I asked him about them the other day and he said he would be willing to part with them but he would want to hang on to a few of them. He thinks there are still masters or whatever you need to repress which is a minute possibility a this point, but it has crossed his mind. As for the few remaining copies, my intention was to offer them to folks on the board FIRST, before trying to sell them on the road. And just so ya know, I would never go the way of ticketbastard and try to auction them even though the one on ebay sold for a whopping $36. So my guess is IF TR decides to part with them they will be within the typical TR pricing system. Maybe a little higher, they are collectors items LOL, but I am sure TR wouldn't gouge anyone. As for posting it on the FTP, that is alright with us. Better to have it out there for the folks than lying dormant where noone gets to appreciate it.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  03:54:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh man! Come west and let me buy a copy of Light Up Ahead! I'd pay $36 dollars for that in a heart beat. I'd pay $36 dollars for any TR album.

And prsmartin, I totally feel where you are coming from. I don't think you ever advertised the TR FTP as any way related to DM. I have to do my best not to let them, or their antics, bother me.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  10:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Arthen is dead on. I would pay that much for any TR cd. Especially when its one like Light Up Ahead thats nt in print! Also, you seem to go through hell everytime something goes down over at nancies. You let everyone know the real deal with some knowledgeable responses and they poo poo on your head for it (yeah I just said poo poo)! I guess we understand each others' beef!

And, you're right, I never once advertised any DM ft, only a TR ftp. I do have a couple Tim & Dave shows though. Some people got on my ass about me labeling the folders and shows as "Tim & Dave" rather than the trdaitional "Dave & Tim" as they were so accustomed to. Come on. I was being funny by labeling them differently. Whatever. It just makes me laugh.

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  11:36:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey maybe Arthen and prsmartin could just buy a copy of Light Up Ahead directly from Tim? Maybe it could go through Mason or Fluffy? Just an idea. Personally I think they deserve it. I will get into trouble saying this I know, but if you guys can't get it I will burn you copies of mine.

BTW no secret I am not a huge fan of nancies, in fact I avoid the site. They are so into that "best fan" frame of mind. I say WTF is up with that? I don't dislike everyone there, Waldo is awesome, but the less I go there the better.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  1:46:43 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by prsmartin

I apologize if you are reading this and it sounds like I am bitching.
Not at all. I think you are dead on.

And as for Light Up Ahead, if Fluffy says it's ok for me to upload, then I will. Might convert it to SHN to make it smaller, plus that'd provide a check (md5)... Or I might even be able to go with FLAC... Whatever. You can let me know, but I'll be glad to upload it if I can get everything worked out.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

prsmartin
Yak Addict

USA
547 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2003 :  3:33:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit prsmartin's Homepage  Send prsmartin an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I say we direct the question to Fluffy. If he says its ok, you can upload it today or whenever. Or...I am going to the 9-10 and 9-11 shows in Columbus and Cleveland and I could maybe pick up a purchased copy from Fluffy at one of the two. Either way, I think that it would be a wonderful addition to the server!!!

Thanks everyone for understanding this thread. I see that my "little friend" has not posted anything here yet in response (I just realized that my usage of the phrase little friend might not have sounded entirely...hmmm...how should I say...kosher? LOL)!

FTP INFORMATION:
69.171.44.51 - Port 21
User - tim
Password - reynolds
Peace...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: