Looking for Silky the Pimp & Suggestions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  4:18:47 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, I know this may be opening a big can of worms, BUT.....

I am working closely with Jon Soldo on the new TimReynolds.com. First, don't panic, it will not change so drastically those of us familiar with it will have a hard TIMe navagating it. He is basically trying to make it more workable and obviously much sleeker. So far it looks great. What I was wondering is if any of you have any suggestions(within reason of course hehe)about changes that could be made to make it more user friendly. Of course, being the computer ILLITERATE that I am, I am staying on top of Jon to make sure it is not TOO hi-tech hehe. I have come up with alot of ideas, IE:track listings and descriptions of CD's on the discography page, the possibility of having reviews written by you folks about CD's that could be posted there as well to help others decide what TR's CD's they might want to investigate. So basically I am looking for any info of things you have always wished to have here as a reference tool and that kind of stuff. I can't promise every suggestion will make it, but I am sure there is stuff I am forgetting or not thinking of that might be helpful in setting up the new site. Thanx for your TIMe and suggestions and you can all look forward to the new website very soon. Should be nice to have a fresh look! Like getting a facelift and getting the old "FACEOFF"!

hehe, Erich might catch that reference

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  6:01:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A lyrics page would be awesome.

That's the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  6:09:15 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
pictures of you staying on top of jon.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  6:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Good suggestion, noted. Only problem I forsee with that is the same problem with tabbings, the songs change from performance to performance sometimes and they aren't always the same as the CD's but that is no reason we can't have them, they just may not always be as accurate to the particular recording you are listening to. Good idea though and I will talk to Jon about it. I don't think it will be a problem.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  6:12:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
About the tablature...

The main parts of most of Tim's songs stay the same. So those parts could stay up. Then you could always do the: "everything else is improv, bugger off".

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  6:44:56 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think a "tour archive" type thing would be cool. Maby a new flash intro (I know that takes a while so its more of a "oh that would be cool" kind of thing) By the way what is that song on the flash intro...hehe

also I like the idea of the pictures of Fluffy on top of Jon.

maby also some info about each song (why tim wrote it...if it was improvised at first..etc)
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  6:51:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As far as TouR archive, you need to be a little more specific. If you mean a list of past shows, setlists etc etc, we plan on having that.

As for photos of me on Jon, U have those? I really need to get those back! LOL

As far as the info about each song, that would obviously involve TR so maybe I could discuss it with him and at someTIMe in the future and see if he is interested and if he is interview him about them or even better get him to post them as he has TIMe, but I wouldn't count on this, but it is food for thought. We will have to see about that one.

PS:We have a flash intro???!!!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  7:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
as of now, i think ive got the most accurate tour archive outside what the people in the "inner circle" may have. Ive been slowly getting a lyrics page up for songs, a full song list, cross referances between discographies, quotes, and setlists up with notation. My goal was to have a tim tour archive that was similar to dmbalmanac.com. My point with that is, if Jon wants, i'll be happy to merge my extensive work with the official site and offer to maintain that aspect of it.

Anything else i would suggest for the site is what i already either have or want to impliment with mine, so as i said, of jon wishes I can work with him on content. I know that some people seem to take the official sites news as more creditable despite it coming mostly from the same source as my page, so helping on that front may be less stressful to the people who dont wish to go to far to look.

Fluffy - seeing how im slightly out of it today, i dont get the referance right now, sorry . hint?

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  7:53:56 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

As for photos of me on Jon, U have those? I really need to get those back! LOL

hrmmm.. I forgot where I put those......
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  8:34:09 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
this one might be a bit tricky, but have the guitar setup page updated so as to show the specific setup of each tour. I know I get asked a lot, did Tim use his ring modulator during the spring tour... or did he have the screen for this, or the tele during this... so that may be a useful reference tool. Also, I think maybe some info/pictures/listing of the equipment/studio/recording tools and process TR goes through while in the studio. Also, I hope to see some of the older pictures, like from last springs tour, which seems to have been skipped on the photos page.

I really can't wait to see the new site!!!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2003 :  8:41:38 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
This isn't specifically board related, but I'd love to see a high quality recording (soundboard, doesn't even have to be mastered) come from each tour, no matter how small the tour. And I'm not talking pot luck type stuff, either, I mean full blown, someone knowing beforehand that they'll be taping, and that it'll be ok to spread. But that's just me. And that's not necessarily board related, like I said...

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2003 :  01:56:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, along the lines of information about songs, previous titles of songs. Every now and then we get someone asking for a Flourescence tab and we have to let them know that it was originally called Valley of Flowers, etc, etc. So that would be a good thing to have too.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2003 :  11:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
along the lines of the additions to the discography page, a good idea might be to list specifically on other artist's albums which songs that TR guests on. I think that a common question I see on the boards is "which songs does TR play on Shannon Worrell's cd?" or "what song is Tim on with Tulku?"

another idea might be some type of a reference tool as to which songs TR has covered live, and when they were played. I think we have all compiled that list somewhere on the board here.

just tossing out ideas.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  12:05:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ive been trying that for a while, it takes a lot longer than you guys may think.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  07:05:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kev said:
quote:
this one might be a bit tricky, but have the guitar setup page updated so as to show the specific setup of each tour.
One step ahead of ya my man, already discussed that aspect of the set-up page with Jon. I love that we are all thinking on the same lines, this is GREAT!!!So what I have in mind is when you click on the setup page you will be offered a link to each tour and then it will show pics and describe whats in the pics. I have taken pics of all of TR's setups since I got my digital camera. Jon has the set-up pics, he just never got around to updating that part of the site.

NEXT Kev said:
quote:
I think maybe some info/pictures/listing of the equipment/studio/recording tools and process TR goes through while in the studio.
This could be a little harder as I am not in the studio with TR. So pics may be hard to come by. I can ask TR what he uses but it's pretty generic, simplistic stuff, nothing fancy until he goes in the recording studio then it's whatever they have. This one could be a bit trickier but well see.

NEXT Kev said:
quote:
I hope to see some of the older pictures, like from last springs tour, which seems to have been skipped on the photos page.
I am sure you are just going to LOVE to hear this, but Jon has all those pics. He has just procrastinated in putting them up because at the present it is just so hard and TIMe consuming. One of the reasons for the new site is to change those things so posting pics will be quicker and painless. Hell, Jon is even talking about setting it up so I can post them myself. Once the new site is up all the missing pics should be in place. Don't fret, they will surface shortly.

NEXT enthuTIMsiast said:
quote:
This isn't specifically board related, but I'd love to see a high quality recording (soundboard, doesn't even have to be mastered) come from each tour, no matter how small the tour. And I'm not talking pot luck type stuff, either, I mean full blown, someone knowing beforehand that they'll be taping, and that it'll be ok to spread. But that's just me. And that's not necessarily board related, like I said...
Well thats my fault. We do have alot of shows recorded, I just need to be more diligent in making sure people send the shows they record and follow up better when they don't. SORRY, I really am very busy, but I understand how much this means to you guys. I will try to be better and when I do get them I have to find someone who will be willing to take a copy and do all the work for me. Start a tree, post it on the FTP, or some similar place where people can access it. I am sure this is not what you want to hear(although maybe it is), I have lots of shows, unfortunately not well cataloged, but I have quite a few and cataloging them and figuring out who has and hasn't sent ones is on my list of things to do. I will try to be better, I promise.

NEXT Arthen said:
quote:
Oh, along the lines of information about songs, previous titles of songs. Every now and then we get someone asking for a Flourescence tab and we have to let them know that it was originally called Valley of Flowers, etc, etc. So that would be a good thing to have too.
That is exactly the kind of info I wanted to have in the section discusses with Thomasode about particular info about songs. As I mentioned earlier, this may be a work in progress as I doubt I could get TR to sit down and write something about all his songs at one TIMe. This may be something that has to happen over TIMe as I discuss stuff with him and we can update as I have new info. I can in the future start asking more questions about new material from TR as it comes out. This might be easier for him as it will be fresh in his head. He has too extensive a back catalog to expect him to want to sit down and write a bit about every song he ever did. Certainly worth thinking about and seeing what comes of it. I guess it's what I would call a back-burner idea, not a priority, but we will see what we can do.

NEXT back to KEV:
quote:
along the lines of the additions to the discography page, a good idea might be to list specifically on other artist's albums which songs that TR guests on.
Well that is exactly what I was talking about when I mentioned adding track listings and reviews by you guys to the discography page. A place where all the info can be gathered and used as a reference tool for others.

NEXT Kev:
quote:
another idea might be some type of a reference tool as to which songs TR has covered live, and when they were played. I think we have all compiled that list somewhere on the board here.
I think Erich has a pretty healthy collection of this info which brings me to my next announcement. I have already discussed with Jon the possibility of setting up the new site so that we can recruit you folks to update particular sections that you have an interest in and a knack for. Ironically, both Kev and Erich have been suggested as possible worker bees. Jon just can't keep up and all of you have so much info and no way to post it for all to take advantage of it. This is one of the things that I would most like to see change with the new site. We will all be able to take some of the burden off Jon a bit and we can all help out and chip in in areas that we are good at. So with that said, keep the ideas coming, looks like we are all on the same page and I am really happy with the way this thread is going. I was really afraid I was opening a nasty can of worms with it but it seems we are all in agreement about the kind of changes(realistic changes)that would make the site a much better, more user friendly source of information, instead of all of us having this wealth of information and no way to post and share it with others. I think it's gonna be great.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Bustoff
Chatterbox

145 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  09:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Bustoff an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Along the lines of the guitar setup update:

Would it be possible to have information about equipment TIM has used in the past, way back when TR3 started and up through his career to the current setup he uses? That would be so interesting, i think. I'd love to know the evolution of TIM's gear through the years. I know this would probably require some time-consuming research but it would be awesome if possible.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  10:13:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Guess that all depends on TR's memory hehe. It can't hurt to ask, but my guess is it will be sketchy at best hehe. Well see!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2003 :  10:24:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No more Times New Roman! Sorry Jon, but it makes the site look like it was made in FrontPage.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  1:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

I think Erich has a pretty healthy collection of this info which brings me to my next announcement. I have already discussed with Jon the possibility of setting up the new site so that we can recruit you folks to update particular sections that you have an interest in and a knack for. Ironically, both Kev and Erich have been suggested as possible worker bees. Jon just can't keep up and all of you have so much info and no way to post it for all to take advantage of it. This is one of the things that I would most like to see change with the new site. We will all be able to take some of the burden off Jon a bit and we can all help out and chip in in areas that we are good at. So with that said, keep the ideas coming, looks like we are all on the same page and I am really happy with the way this thread is going. I was really afraid I was opening a nasty can of worms with it but it seems we are all in agreement about the kind of changes(realistic changes)that would make the site a much better, more user friendly source of information, instead of all of us having this wealth of information and no way to post and share it with others. I think it's gonna be great.

very cool, fluffy. You dont know how happy it would make me if i was able to help the official site. the only reason i started my own was because of what the official site was lacking, so to help add it all in would be fantastic.

another suggestion: I was only able to inventory 28 tim solo shows, which are on the archive. many more exist. Id love to have a hand in helping out so they spread, theres SO much more out there im sure.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  1:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have quite a few you could start circulating just as soon as I catalog it all. UGGHHH! Some of them are of sketchy sound quality, but alot of them are probably fine. I am sure people would rather have something of iffy sound quality than nothing at all. I will keep you in the loop Erich as I get that sorted out. THANX

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  1:56:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Flamin Moe's on the new site hopefully?

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  2:19:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Flamin Moe's on the new site hopefully?

hopefully vBulletin on the new site, made to look like this forum along with the flaming moes

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  2:27:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't even imagine a board without them. It'd be like we were missing an integral part of our Board Culture or something.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2003 :  5:12:25 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I would welcome a board with no flaming moes.

And while I don't suppose that I'm really in the loop on this (or so it seems) I would be willing to do what I can to spread any TR shows that you have and want to spread.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2003 :  04:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Don't worry Jason, you and Silky and sloth were other names that came up in Jon and my conversation about perspective lackies. I didn't know for sure if you would still be interested as you aren't around as much as you used to be. Good to hear you are still interested in contributing. THANX, I sure hope this all works out like I am planning. It would be such a beautiful thing.

Oh and as for everyone else, I wouldn't worry about the Flaming Moes(sorry enthuTIMsiast)I think what Jon is doing is more along the lines of a new look. I think things like the message board will be "the same as it ever was", maybe just a different color scheme or something, but I think it will be the same board we have all come to know and love, complete with Flaming Moes!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2003 :  05:20:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe it's because it's really late, and I haven't had any decent sleep in the past week, but did you throw in some Talking Heads there Fluffy?

quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy:

..."same as it ever was"...

"Once In a Lifetime" right?

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2003 :  05:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
INDEED I did!! LOL I typed it just like that and as I reread it I realized the lyrics to that song were typed in my remark so I quickly "quoted" it and clicked Post New Reply.

Good Catch! Really good considering how late it is hehe.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000