effects question
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rhymsesthecat
Try A Little Harder

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2003 :  9:35:54 PM  Show Profile  Send rhymsesthecat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what guitar effect pedal or whatever do i need to do the thing where you play a riff and it repeats itself so you can play over top of it

Vic Wooten does it a lot

thanks

JemezFoodPeople
Chatterbox

USA
330 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  01:05:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit JemezFoodPeople's Homepage  Send JemezFoodPeople an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Line 6 DL-4 - lotsa money, lots of effects and a 14 / 28 second loop with overdubbing
Boss DD-5 - half as much $$, 2 second loops and other delays. no overdubbing in the repeat mode, but you can have long delay times and long fadeouts that create somewhat of a manageable dubbing effect that fades out.
Boss DD-6 - a lil bit better than the DD-5 ( I don't have one of these though)

"Do you have the patience to wait
till your mud settles and the water is clear?
Can you remain unmoving
till the right action arises by itself?"
-Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

www.mattwinn.com
Go to Top of Page

JemezRollingStream
Try A Little Harder

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2003 :  4:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Send JemezRollingStream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rhymsesthecat

what guitar effect pedal or whatever do i need to do the thing where you play a riff and it repeats itself so you can play over top of it

Vic Wooten does it a lot

thanks

Hey rhymeses! It's Tom (SweadishPhish) from the BFFT boards! Yeah, if you want to do what Vic does, play a note, then the next time around add another, etc. go with the Line 6 DL-4.

Tom

Not going anywhere for a while? Get a Sherpa.
Go to Top of Page

rhymsesthecat
Try A Little Harder

USA
64 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  11:22:26 PM  Show Profile  Send rhymsesthecat an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey tom
thanks for the reply
what happened to SwedishPhish name?

rhymsesthecat
Go to Top of Page

JemezRollingStream
Try A Little Harder

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2003 :  11:30:18 PM  Show Profile  Send JemezRollingStream an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was on here way before BFFT AND Phish( for the most part), so yeah. I like having different names.

I have a Morely Pro-Series 2 Vol/Wah and DD-6. I love them. I am hoping on getting a Martin D-16 cuataway (forget the model #), it's real sexy.

Tom

Not going anywhere for a while? Get a Sherpa.
Go to Top of Page

Zachmozach
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1534 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2003 :  9:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the Line 6 and it works great. Fun to play with, but I saw in Musicians friend this RC-20 loop station. It says it has a sampling time of up to 5 minutes. Plus it has a quantize function and you can change the tempo without pitch. You can also overdub and the best part is you can store up to 10 looped phrases. It also has three inputs and a reverse mode. It's made by boss which has some great products so I wondered if anyone has checked this thing out yet because it sounds awesome. It's $299 which isn't bad either. I love to do really complex loops on the Line 6 where I make a sound that's like an engine running and then add some harmony to play with and then I go to half speed and whistle into my guitar and make some weird bird noises and talk and whatnot(It sounds like your driving through the jungle when you return to normal speed). The only thing is it takes a long time to set it up (especially when I make mistakes) so that when I start to jam with it I can only play for like a minute or two before I'm ready for something new. So it would be cool to save the loops. Plus I would love to perform my little piece I've kind of made out of it but no audience would want to watch me do all the stuff to make the loop for the 2 or 3 minutes it takes. Anyway blah blah blah any feedback would be cool.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000