Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 What is your favorite Peter Gabriel song?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2003 :  02:45:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I checked correctly, which I believe I did, this topic hasn't been covered yet. And for the past two months I've been on the biggest PG kick I've ever had. Secret World Live is my number one album right now.

Anyways, I think my favorite song of his has to be "Secret World". And after that probably "Digging in the Dirt."

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  02:28:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I dont have that much of his, but Mercy Street and Growing Up are on my top list.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  11:51:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't get me started on PG hehehehe! Favorite songs include Father/Son; Steam; Biko: Intruder,

my very favorite: Washing of the Water!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  6:19:47 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
good lord, that is an almost impossible question to answer. A few of my favorites include: Darkness, Rythym of the Heat, I Have the Touch, I Don't Remember, Intruder, Games Without Frontiers, and Growing Up. I can't wait for my live copy of the Growing Up Tour to arrive, which should be any day now, Pam have you gotten yours?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2003 :  11:05:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin I just got an email that mine was sent today. I am so glad as it is something to look forward to. I need something to focus on other than pain, jeez when is this going to stop hurting?

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  12:08:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I Grieve, Love to be Loved, Digging in the Dirt... and I would be lying if I said that In Your Eyes didn't make me melt
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  12:33:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I Grieve and In Your Eyes are definitely in my top ten.

I need to place my order for one of the shows.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

skefdawg
Is Anybody Here?

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  3:00:31 PM  Show Profile  Send skefdawg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
- Red Rain
- Sledgehammer

In Your Eyes is killer. But i think Red Rain would be my selection, melancholic but powerful nonetheless.

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  01:24:49 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
All this talk of Red Rain has me wanting for TR to start covering that one again, I know he does it on a 98 TR3 show I have, he should program that bad boy into the Pagan Underdogs.

PS I got my copy of the LIVE Growing UP tour today and it is awesome, always love hearing new PG, I highly suugest any fan pick up a copy.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2003 :  09:46:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin so glad to hear you got your LIVE Growing Up tour....hope mine comes today!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  12:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What shows did you two order? I didn't go to any so I don't have one in particular I "have to have". So any suggestions?

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  12:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You would probably be more interested in the one attended by Kevin since it was a California show. The one I attended was June 21 I think, in Camden NJ. The set lists are pretty much the same, Peter doesn't vary them much. There was some asshole yelling out things all during Peter's singing of Father/Son which happens to be a favorite of mine, so I was pissed. I hope they were able to get that out in the cd.

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  1:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw one of the concerts he came out and did a song acoustic. That'd be interesting to hear. I forget the song.

Sorry to hear about the asshole at the concert. Stuff like that pisses me off. Let me know how your CD is!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  2:22:12 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, the Irvine show was not recorded for some reason. When you go to the order page: http://www.themusic.com/encore/pg/ then click on the tour notes button and you can read about the shows. I picked the Camden show because "No Way Out" was added to the set for that show, and wasn't played at mine. Unfortunately, I ordered that show before the tour ended, and it looks like San Jacinto (one of my favs) was added to the set towards the end of the tour, so you just have to look through that page and see which one looks good to you. Hope that helps.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  2:25:14 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I noticed that Arthen mentioned Secret World live is his fav PG album, so now what is everyone's fav PG album, and let's use the standard rule that greatest hits cds don't count as an album. Mine would be either Security or Up, with Melt comming in second.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  2:45:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd say my favorite Studio Album is Up.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2003 :  2:32:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite PG album is US hands down! Next to that is #3 but I love them all, PG is that good!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  03:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Have you gotten your Live cd yet Pam? Also, Arthen, just wanted to be sure you saw my post up aways about finding which show to order.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  09:41:16 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just got the first disc of Secret World... AMAZING!!! I've never seen him in concert, so hearing these variations is making me fall in love with the songs all over!
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2003 :  07:21:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i wish i could find the article, but there's some specific peter gabriel song, something about doors, that trey was inspired to write an early phish tune that's similar to the peter gabriel tune.

What tunes are their about doors?

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2003 :  11:28:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miss Sorrel listen on. It rocks. That's my favorite album over anything right now.

That's really cool about Trey. Good luck finding the article.

Flamin Moe for ya too.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2003 :  1:33:10 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

All this talk of Red Rain has me wanting for TR to start covering that one again, I know he does it on a 98 TR3 show I have, he should program that bad boy into the Pagan Underdogs.

at the Cleveland, OH show last septemmber (best show of that run, easily), he did this jam at the end where he fucked around with both Red Rain and Supernaught (Black Sabbath). fu-ckin-nuts.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2003 :  2:15:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I have a copy of Red Rain somewhere too. I don't think it's the one with Black Sabbath though.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000