Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Reviews??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2001 :  01:00:36 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
OK, the new leg has kicked off and I'm wanting to hear a review now that Greg is touring with Tim. Any duets yet?

ryan28
Try A Little Harder

USA
53 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2001 :  01:38:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at the 10-26 show in Minneapolis and 10-27 show in Moorhead and there weren't any duets. I can say that I was really surprised by Greg Howard, I hadn't heard any of his work before I saw him Friday. He played an awesome set, including "One Sweet World" on both nights, and closing Friday's set with the Beatles' "Across the Universe." If you haven't heard Greg yet, give him a try. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

As for Tim, well, what can you say? I have traded for few of his shows, but none of them compare to actually seeing him in person. Pure musical genius is all I can think of when it comes to Tim. His 90 min or so set seemed to fly by, and I was sad to see the shows come to an end.

I can't remember everything that Tim played Friday and Saturday, so I will wait for Fluffy to post the setlists. But I can say that "Danger Will Rammstein" on Friday night totally blew me away. Tim played it again Saturday, I am curious to see what he called it then.

The crowds were in exact contrast of each other--Friday's Minneapolis crowd seemed really rowdy and yelled out for Stream almost every chance they could, which got annoying after a while. Saturday's Moorhead crowd was more appreciative of Tim's abilities and only called out Stream once, but Tim made the throat slash gesture to put the kibosh on that.

Friday was sweet since after the show I got Tim's signature on the Nomadic Wavelength poster, Saturday was awesome too since I videoed the show, but since I neglected to bring my tripod with me, the picture is really jumpy. I am watching it again and only 20 mins in I think I am going to have to take some Dramamine to get over this motion sickness.

I was really looking forward to hearing "Something Nasty" either night, but I am not going to complain, since how often is it that I am going to have the chance to see the one and only Tim Reynolds twice in two nights?

So with that I will conclude this post. Sorry if I rambled too much, I am still jacked about finally seeing Tim. If you want to talk more about the shows, drop me a line. Peace!

Ryan

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/28/2001 :  3:40:58 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Very cool, thanks for the report!

I wish Greg would have opened for the west coast shows. I've seen some videos of him playing, I'm sure it is amazing live.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000