Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 T3
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  2:25:04 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well, I saw it last night on opening night on a digital transfer screening, and I must say... LAME!!!!!! Didn't even feel like a Terminator movie at all. It didn't come even slightly close to being as good as T2 at any level. I also didn't like that they added so much comedy. Anyone else see it?

god
Kevin

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  2:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LAME!? Really? I've heard lots of praise and good stuff from it. I heard some truck scene is supposed to be the best scene in the movie.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  2:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw it yesterday as well, and I enjoyed it.

Obviously no one expected it to be as great as the first two. But I found it to be a logical step to progress the story line. There was a pretty well done chase scene and some other entertaining things.

It ain't thought provoking, but it's entertaining.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  3:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Dang, I thought this was gonna be an internet connection speed topic.

Oh well, I saw Legally Blonde 2 last night. Hmmph.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  4:00:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHAHA you saw Legally Blonde 2, let me guess, you got drug there by your girlfriend? Somehow I can't even imagine you watching Legally Blonde 2! A first rate chick flick! hehehe

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  5:46:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But for T3, is it true that Arnold had to pay for the truck scene with money out of his own pocket because it was too expensive and the studio would overbudget?

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  08:09:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i thought this was TR3 originally...

Ah well, i haven't seen the new terminator movie yet, i don't think i've seen any of the movies in their entirety, just bits and pieces here and there. There was a cool interactive show of terminator when i went to florida a few months ago, in orlando studios.

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  09:58:51 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I saw it last night and thought it was decent...on par with terminator 2. I didn't quite like the way they ended it, too abruptly in my opinion. The action was great as were the effects. The TX is a complete friggin' babe. It's weird to see that Arnold looks exactly the same as he did 10 years ago when they made T2. It sucks they couldn't bring back Eddie Furlong, because they guy that replaced him didn't do as well I think...especially in the scenes where he's like "Don't you remember me?" It would have been interesting to have the sublime continuity of his return.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  11:25:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And the doctor who ran the hospital from the second one was the Police Counselor. That was pretty entertaining too.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  1:44:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I give the terminatrix 3 thumbs up. Cheetah--- rarrrrrr.

Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  9:57:39 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes, I saw this on Sat night, and prior to that had heard that it was surpringly good. I thought that is was entertaining as an action movie... but doesn't do Terminator and T2 justice... but worth seeing if you are a movie goer...

Yes, Jason (rippa), I totally agree with you... Arnold looks the same, would have been more enjoyable with Eddie Furlong, and when the credits came on at the end I was shocked... thought it seemed short, and would have liked more of an explaination....

and yes, Silky the Pimp, the Terminatrix is gorgeous... and as a girl, I totally dug her character... ***********SPOILER********* I would have liked it if she had more than 2 lines, even if they were just brief and hot, like how the couple were...
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  01:05:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just saw it. All I can say is Eh. A couple of things that ticked me off:
1.) For being over 10 years in the future, the cars looked exactly the same as today.
2.) I know it's a movie and all, but the main chase scene was impossible. Physics did not apply.

I didn't like Eddie Furlong in T2, I was glad he wasn't in this one. I also enjoyed the comedy, it made the movie more bareable.

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  01:10:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, ten years from now I don't imagine car's looking much different.

But eleven years from now...well, that's a different story! By then we'll all have flying cars!

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  02:56:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Well, ten years from now I don't imagine car's looking much different.

But eleven years from now...well, that's a different story! By then we'll all have flying cars!

LOL, yeah, and GLAVEN!

But I mean, the models weren't different at all. And cars that are new now, looked new in the movie, and let me tell you, my 91 chevy S-10 looks nothing like a 2001 chevy S-10.

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/16/2003 :  03:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glaven indeed.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  04:40:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  04:42:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah thats the new T-X, Kristanna Loken

Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  12:29:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Kristanna Loken is my new favorite Hollywood gal... I just read an article about her, and she's awesome! (At least that's what my opinion is based on this couple page tidbit in Shape.) She was raised on a farm, which is just cool to me seeing as how I've never been on a damn farm. But for the role, she gained 15 pounds!

I try to toss in some encouraging food for thought in my classes that I teach, and I started talking about her... I think she could be a fitness icon that would be awesome to have.... Sorry I should probably post this on the AAFA or Johnny G boards... but I just get so excited about this stuff!
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  02:31:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more pic -

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  02:38:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more - Damn this woman is gorgeous

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  03:04:53 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2003 :  03:07:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah . . .

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic