Gen. Wesley Clark
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

joojoo
Is Anybody Here?

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  6:19:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit joojoo's Homepage  Send joojoo an AOL message  Reply with Quote
http://www.draftclark2004.com - The first Democratic candidate I've been excited about in a long time... wait, ever.

He came on Crossfire a few days ago. They grilled him on the issues and he was very knowledgeable, well-spoken, and even charming if I do say so myself. If dems want a guy that can beat Bush, this guy's it. He graduated from the top of his class at West Point as a Rhodes Scholar. He was a top guy in NATO. He is responsible for the ousting of Milosevic. Most importantly, he has class, something I can't say about many, if any, of the current democratic candidates. All they do is sit and rant about how Bush is Stalin reborn or something. Gen. Clark wouldn't even take an easy shot at the guy who didn't know how many people were in the armed forces; In fact, he defended him!

He's pro-gun rights (it works everywhere but in the US; watch Bowling for Columbine), but anti-assault rifles outside the armed forces. He's pro affirmative action, pro-choice, for tax reform, and about the most qualified foreign policy expert we could have in office. You guys should think about him. If he turns out to be anti-war on drugs, I'm sold.

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  6:38:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for putting up the link. So far I am impressed too and remember, I am a "registered" Republican, hehe. ( like that means anything)

Finally sounds like someone I might acutally want to vote for. At least it is making the upcoming race look interesting.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  10:51:56 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wasn't this guy CNN or MSNBC's war expert during the last war with Iraq?

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

joojoo
Is Anybody Here?

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2003 :  11:02:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit joojoo's Homepage  Send joojoo an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I believe he was a behind the scenes kind of analyst for CNN on the iraqi war; a consultant or something like that. smart move for CNN, cause everytime i've seen him comment on peace in the middle east or terrorism or iraq or north korea or whatever, what he says makes so much sense. He lays out complicated matters simply, and manages to make a point while still being diplomatic. That's about everything you could ask for out of someone who could, if elected, have ariel sharon's phone number.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2003 :  06:06:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am definitely looking forward to hearing what he has to say. It is unfortunate that the brightest people tend not to run for President. He seems to be an exception to the rule. The job doesn't pay all that well for the responsiblities it carries with it and they put you through hell before you even get to run for the office. Between the press and the expense (TIMe/money) I often wonder why anyone would want to run.

I have been voting for a very long TIMe and I must say I have yet to vote for someone I was truely excited about! I for one am glad that this TIMe around it seems like there will be several people worth listening to.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000