Tim Buddist?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2001 :  9:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Someone on the DMBML message board was saying that Tim was buddist. Is that true? I dont remember hearing that...or am i just retarded?

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  12:34:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You're retarded... but don't feel bad... I had a retarded dog once and he lived to be 88 in dog years, so you should be ok.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  01:14:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
AHAHAHA

This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to - TOOL
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  07:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think there might be some truth to this actually. I've heard this before, quite some time ago, probably on the old message board. It might explain some of his concern for Tibet and this symbol he wrote on my copy of Astral Projection:

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/id22.htm

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

jsoldo
Administrator

USA
286 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  12:33:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit jsoldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
no there is truth to it, although i wouldnt be sure to call him a buddhist but he does read buddhist materials (ie. Training the Mind) and he has a few Buddha statues in his guitar studio in NM

so come to your own conclusion

Peace
Jon

Timmah!
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  10:03:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
He also meditates regularly. There was a special on MTV 3 years ago about the DMB "Before These Crowded Streets" sessions and they showed a clip of Tim meditating in the studio.

Here is a picture of it:

http://www.geocities.com/jsmcfaddin/tim_btcs.html?1004149760010

-Xar666

We're going to Vegas to croak a scag baron named Savage Henry. I've known him for years but he ripped us off. And you know what that means...
Go to Top of Page

Baboonboy
Chatterbox

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  10:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Baboonboy's Homepage  Send Baboonboy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Meditation is how he builds his strength from the aliens. He has to recharge his hands everyday to make them work so fast. His statues are not of buddah, but of a fat alien named Mugarf.

Hmmph. Time to go kill myself.

ICQ - 578587
AIM - bluwaterbaboon
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2001 :  11:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn, I love that pic. I had that as my wallpaper for the longest time before I switched it to dirtysloths "gas mask collage"

Adam

And on the 8th day God created the art of war...and laughing, planned the end.

Email: Guitar_Boy1@yahoo.com

AIM: GuitarGuy305
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2001 :  06:16:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Tim would not call himself a true buddist but he does follow alot of the teachings and practices. He has found he is very inline with that way of thinking. He is always reading books and stuff on the subject. In fact he just watched an interview with the Dali Lama on the current state of affairs in the world and was very moved. Buddism has had a profound connection for Tim. He does meditate and considers it an important part of his daily regime. He does believe if more people in the world could discover buddism, it just might save the us and the world.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy ( <>..<> )
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2001 :  6:51:38 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if the interview can be found online anywhere? I'd be quite interested in seeing it.

Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2001 :  9:42:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Which one? The one about DMB referred to above? I have it.

-Xar666

We're going to Vegas to croak a scag baron named Savage Henry. I've known him for years but he ripped us off. And you know what that means...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000