New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  07:09:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know a way i can check my hotmail e-mail address through a "firewall" internet connection. All i need is some website to go through the back door to get to hotmail, but i can't find it. anyone?

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  08:16:13 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You want to be hotmail's backdoor man?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  08:17:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know....

But i would like to be able to check my email at work, i just don't know how with this blocked system!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  08:45:48 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Sorry... that was a Zep paraphrase.

What does it tell you when you try to check the mail?

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  10:14:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Somebody I knew used to go through MSN.com, but the firewall police have probably figured that out by now.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  10:16:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It just says now that the address http://www.hotmail.com is denied found in the interactive/mail list, or something like that.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  10:34:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ah, you suffer from the same malady as me: SmartFilter. (or some other brand of website control)

We were having bandwidth issues at work, so the base bought SmartFilter to block out all traffic that wasn't "mission essential." Types of pages that are blocked include WebMail, Gaming, Adult, Anonymizers/Translators, chat, and MP3. Maybe that's how you got screwed also.

So far this website hasn't been categorized as chat, so I haven't lost the ability to visit the BOARD from work, so I've got that going for me at least.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  10:36:56 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
If you use outlook express for your email you can configure it to grab your hotmail...that may pass through the firewall fine, because I don't think it uses port 80.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  6:13:00 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

We were having bandwidth issues at work, so the base bought SmartFilter to block out all traffic that wasn't "mission essential." Types of pages that are blocked include WebMail, Gaming, Adult, Anonymizers/Translators, chat, and MP3. Maybe that's how you got screwed also.

I hope this never happens where I work. I myself probably run thru 25 GB per day. And that's just me. Whew... I hope that never happens... I'd go nucking futs.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  6:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

Ah, you suffer from the same malady as me: SmartFilter. (or some other brand of website control)

So far this website hasn't been categorized as chat, so I haven't lost the ability to visit the BOARD from work, so I've got that going for me at least.

We need software like that to be installed at my office...but it should apply to everyone outside of IT. These old ladies absolutely CRUSH the T1 downloading clips of Days of Our Lives and whatnot throughout the day. One T1 used by 1000 people sucks. Here's a shot of my bandwidth at the office...

It's actually so slow that when I go this very board I hit stop after about 10 seconds and catch the first dozen or so threads. I can hit refresh, go to the bathroom, come back, and this page may not have yet loaded.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2003 :  12:07:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by therippa

We need software like that to be installed at my office...but it should apply to everyone outside of IT. These old ladies absolutely CRUSH the T1 downloading clips of Days of Our Lives and whatnot throughout the day. One T1 used by 1000 people sucks. Here's a shot of my bandwidth at the office...

SmartFilter can handle that request! You can create groups/regions and control which types of sites get blocked for each region. For example, our Judge Advocate General and Medical Folks do not have the same blocking as normal folks, since they need to look up stuff about drugs and other subjects that might be blocked as Criminal Activity.

Right now, I'm the only person on the base who can get to webmail since I am the boss. How cool is that? However, I'm leaving in two weeks; I have no clue what awaits me at my next duty location. I'll let you know.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000