Tablature / Guitar Setup
 that sound
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yobzep
Is Anybody Here?

3 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  8:20:28 PM  Show Profile  Send yobzep an AOL message  Reply with Quote
What pedal gives that consistent different sound tim has on his acoustic? It always sounds this way when playing. Acoustic simulator? Wah?

thanks

PEZ

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  8:40:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
consistent different

isnt that an oxymoron..

and i dont know what your talking about, you will hvae to be more specific.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  8:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
it's the rotosphere. or wah. or the acoustic di box. yeah its definitely one of those.

"Go Banana!" - Ralph Wiggum
Go to Top of Page

yobzep
Is Anybody Here?

3 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  10:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Send yobzep an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... its kind of hard to put in words. but tim always has that "twang" sound. Sorry that s the best i can do.
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2003 :  10:39:19 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know what he's talkin about, its the retrospere w/ a delay and volume.
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2003 :  03:11:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
the rotosphere doesn't really add twang; if it had to be compared to something, I'd call it a chorus sound. The rotosphere makes things a bit lusher, it could be the uni-vibe, but I don't think that would be with the acoustic.

your words burn the air like the names of candy bars
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2003 :  12:01:36 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
what I'm thinking about is on L@luther when TR is playing stream. when he puts that harmonic on a loop and starts playing over it. is that what you are talkin about?
Go to Top of Page

Zack
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2003 :  12:33:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you mean the swell from his Boss dd6..thats the most common and i think the most used effect of tims. Its an auto volume swell created by the dd6, thats all...u can do it with the line 6 also, just play around with the settings.

Zack
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2003 :  2:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Saint Jude

quote:
consistent different

isnt that an oxymoron..

Not really. Assuming he meant "consistently different sound", consistently as an adverb would not make it an oxymoron. If it were "consistent, always different" sound, then you're getting into oxymoron territory.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Zack
Try A Little Harder

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2003 :  9:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why doesnt someone call their old english teacher and find out...we dont want anyone hurtin there brain thinkin about literary devices. Theres tim reynolds songs to play damnit, not english papers to write lol.

Zack
Go to Top of Page

j
Chatterbox

149 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  8:48:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit j's Homepage  Send j an AOL message  Reply with Quote
unless you're an English major.........

your words burn the air like the names of candy bars
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000