Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 A Kevin update...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  02:44:04 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Just want to let everyone know what's going on with me and why I haven't been posting as much as I want to...

Wednesday was my last final, so I am officially FINISHED with my junior year of college... and that is a scary thought that I'm only a year away from getting my degree. Wed night Nicole took me out to Claim Jumper to celebrate and I pounded a "Widowmaker" (HUGE burger) Unfortunately though I havent had any time to relax and enjoy because I have to be out of my apt. by sat at noon, and my new apt wont be ready until the 25th, which means that I have to move all of my shit over to my brothers, which is about an hour south. Unfortunately I'm not totally sure where I'll be staying during that week and a half, but hopefully it is a place where there is internet, so i can catch up, becuase whereever I end up, I'll have NOTHING to do for over a week!

god
Kevin

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  02:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I went to the Claim Jumper website hoping they had a picture of that burger, but the best I could find was a description:

WIDOW MAKER BURGER
Double thick Cheddar cheese, Applewood smoked bacon, sweet onion rings,avocado, shredded lettuce, mayo and red relish

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  10:18:18 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
As long as you want to post more, that's what counts.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  6:54:15 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I hope Liz doesn't read that though.. I'll never forget her CRINGING and giving me a stare when I ordered my burger the way I like it: MEDIUM RARE when we all ate together in Hollywood!!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  7:04:52 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HAHA everyone tells me it takes years off of my life orderin it that way, but DAMN its good!
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  7:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I can't eat rare meat...I'm actually weaning myself off the stuff a little...Not becoming a vegetarian or anything, cause there's no way in hell I'm giving up bacon...Just eating less

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  7:58:02 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

I hope Liz doesn't read that though.. I'll never forget her CRINGING and giving me a stare when I ordered my burger the way I like it: MEDIUM RARE when we all ate together in Hollywood!!

Thought of that myself.

Hey, while we're on the subject of you, you like Wilco a good bit, don't you? I've gotten my grubby little hands on about 5 or 6 live shows of theirs, and they're great. I'm sure you'd like them...

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2003 :  8:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jason, every fan of music should own Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, it is simply a masterpiece. Also, they just announced a bonus EP for everyone who has that cd, you just go to the site, put in the cd, and BOOM 5 new songs. I've never heard their live stuff before, but I have seen the DVD made on them.. that shows YHF being made.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2003 :  01:05:21 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The show I was listening to when I posted was from 1997. So it's before they went all wacked out like YFH. I probably lean toward liking it better because sometimes they just decide to go off on their instruments, and they do, and a good time is had by all.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2003 :  07:22:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin!

Are you telling me I am going to go into "IM away message" withdrawal????

You have to go somewhere with a computer hook up, damnit! You know how much I love your away messages. Two things I do every day, read my daily "Dilbert" calendar and check out Kev's funny away messages!

I will look forward to the 25th!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2003 :  09:17:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DAMN!!!! IT IS ALREADY HAPPENING!!!!! I am having "Kevin away message" withdrawal!!!! Funny how you just get used to seeing something like that every day and now NOTHING!!!!!

Miss you Kevin! BTW 6 days til I see Peter Gabriel! Wooohooo!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2003 :  3:54:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Pam you are lucky! Let us know how the concert is!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Captain Petersburgh
Yak Addict

Canada
779 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2003 :  1:09:43 PM  Show Profile  Send Captain Petersburgh an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wow...now IM inTIMrested in Kev's Away messages...care to share some... PJK???

A nice word and a gun will get you alot farther than just a nice word
Go to Top of Page

LizT
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1687 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2003 :  4:47:13 PM  Show Profile  Send LizT an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Kev, Are you still eating raw meat?! LOL! Hoover is the same way. I can't watch someone eating it that way! I'm a well done kinda eater! That was an excellent day we all had. I had the salmon if I remember correctly. Thanks again for picking me up that day, it was a blast!
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2003 :  11:47:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Only 3 more days til Kev comes back! Woohoooo! I miss you Kevin! (and your funny away messages,hehehe)Catain, put Kev on you buddy list and then you too will be able to share in the fun of Kevin's sense of humor!

Can't wait to IM you about the PG concert!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2003 :  11:52:29 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Greetings all you crazy cats! Tis' the night before I move back to Irvine, and I managed to get on to my sister's internet (but it is an axtremely slow and frustrating 28k AOL connction, that I can only withstand for a few more mins) But I wanted to thank you all for the kind words, especially Pam for giving props to my away messages because I do make an honost effort to make them original.(I can't stand messages that say "I'm away")

Anyways, my sister, her husband and two kids ended up going to Mammoth (ski town) for two weeks, and they needed a house sitter to watch the place and take care of the dog, two brand new chocolate-lab puppies, and a ginnea-pig, what PERFECT timing considering I would be homeless during this exact time! Well, It has been a very wonderful and relaxing week, as I have been doing much sitting on my ass while watching more TV in this past week than I've watched all year at school. The first night I got here my body finally gave out and I fell asleep on the couch at around 7:30pm and slept through the night... surprising for me because I usually do not go to bed until at least midnight if not 1 or 2am every night... but I think I finally was able to sleep to well because I don't have the stress of school or moving anymore. I've also been enjoying their brand new spa with some ridiculous amount of jets... 80 or so I think, all designed to give you a full body massage as you change seats in the spa.

Fortunatly all of my hard work paid off because on Sat. I found out my grades and I got 3 A's and 1 B which is the best I've done at UCI so far. I even made the dean's list with a 3.75 GPA. I'm very proud of myself because in the past I've managed a few A-'s but to get 3 solid A's was a tough task in college.

Tommorow I move in to my new (and much more expensive apartment and I have to also buy a bed and a desk since my past 3 years of on campus living have all been furnished. I also have to turn in my numorous aplications because after the nice break I've had since Wherehouse went out of business, I'm starting to hurt for cash, and with this new, more expensive place, I'll need more $$$. Virgin Megastore looked promising... and I also have apps for Tower, Borders, Barnes & Noble, and Second Spin records. Unfortunatley, with money bing kinda tite, we obviously had to intall water, gas, and electricity, and we may have to put a hold on internet (again I'm mad because I've gotten free university sped internet for the past 3 years) so I'm not really sure how long it will be until I have internet at my new place, but hopefully it won't be too long.

I can't wait to hear about your Peter Gabriel experience Pam. Did you hear that he is offering proffesionally mastered live recordings of all the Live shows from this tour for 25 bucks a pop? I was super excited and am definately going to order one. Chck out his website in case you didn't hear about this very awesome new idea of Peter's.. well I think Phish has a similar deal, but I don't think they offer mastered discs.

Well, unfortunately that is it for now, I wish I could reply to all the new topics because it looks like there are some great new ones... I promise I will soon! I'll talk to you all very soon!

PEACE!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  12:26:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the Info on the PG concerts! I ordered one tonight! Really appreciate the tip! It will be nice to listen to a concert that I actually attended! Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  01:01:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats on getting a place to live for the time being!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  10:49:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin I can't wait until you are hooked up to the internet again! I have important things to tell you!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  10:55:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here, someone top it off . . .

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  11:31:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too much waiting . . . Flaming Moe anyone ?

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2003 :  09:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, CONGRATS on the grades Kevin! I forgot to tell you that!

Now I am just waiting for you to get internet connected! I really need to tell you something. Its big and its very good! hehehe

Hope the move went well!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  2:14:28 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Jeesh Pam, you sure know how to get a guy in anticipation... right now I am on campus... using a computer in the science library but I called yesterday to ask about cable and internet and I think we are going to call again today to have them hook up both because there is a discount on internet if you get cable tv through them too. I'll be sure to look for you online as soon as I am hooked up, which should be very soon now.

The move went pretty good, we are still not completely organized, but my room is looking good. I got a new desk and a new bed from IKEA and both are great. I also interviewed for a job at a record shop called Second Spin and I have an interview next week with Virgin Megastore. I'll keep you updated.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2003 :  4:18:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woohoo can't wait Kevin! So glad to hear about the job possibilities! Hope wherever you go they have Ticketmaster so you can get first dibs on shows. I can't wait to talk to you again! ( and read your away messages hehehe)

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2003 :  6:51:30 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
medium rare???? WIMP!!! RARE all the way! Wave that thing over a flame and serve it to me dripping. Sometimes when ordering I have to emphasize just how rare I want it. I find some places won't serve something RARE, and in these instances I find myself not returning to such a ass-backwards establishment.

Guess I have gone on now about something this thread isn't really about so to the topic at hand, Glad to see you back Kev, hope all is well and hopefully see you in CA toward the end of the year.

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  7:08:36 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WOW!! How do you even find a place that makes em RARE anymore, after the whole mad-cow deal I find it hard to find places that make em medium rare.

Back on the update news, we now have high speed internet and cable tv at our new place. My next goal is to take some pictures, host and then post them so you all can see.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000