Bonnaroo Cancelled
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  12:05:57 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
WHAT THE FUCK???

The creators and producers of the Bonnaroo Music Festivals are committed to presenting an
extraordinary and first-class festival experience - for the fans who attend the festivals, for the artists
who perform at the festivals, and for the communities and environment in which the festivals take
place. The selection of the inaugural 2002 Bonnaroo Music Festival as "Music Festival of the Year"
by industry professionals and music fans alike was the result of that commitment. The overwhelmingly
positive and cooperative spirit with which the citizens of Manchester and Coffee County, Tennessee,
have welcomed back the Bonnaroo Festival for its second year is a testament to our commitment to
good community relationships and citizenship.

We have been excited by the potential of bringing the Bonnaroo Festival experience to other regions of
the country. In late 2002, we began to focus on creating Bonnaroo NE in Riverhead, NY, on Long Island.
For several months, we have been engaged in dialogue and planning with community leaders and
representatives of regulatory agencies to carefully address all of the issues relating to the successful
staging of the festival.

During the past few weeks, we have closely watched the developments surrounding the organizational
and permitting process for another festival - Field Day - scheduled for the same site on the weekend of
June 7 and 8. This process culminated with the denial of Field Day's permits and the cancellation
of the festival at this site only 2 days before it was scheduled to open.

Planning for an event of such magnitude as Bonnaroo NE requires the highest level of cooperation and
commitment from everyone involved in order to achieve success. We have investigated and analyzed
the circumstances surrounding the cancellation of Field Day, as well as the atmosphere
which the cancellation has created. After careful consideration, we are disappointed to announce
that it is impossible for us to proceed and we must cancel Bonnaroo NE. We have determined that
it would be irresponsible to the artists, to the festival goers, to citizens in the community, and to
ourselves to move ahead with our plans given the circumstances that now exist.

Because of the extraordinary amount of planning required for a festival such as Bonnaroo, we cannot
re-schedule Bonnaroo NE for another location this year.

We would like to thank everyone who has worked so hard to try to make Bonnaroo NE a reality - our
incredible staff; the artists, agents, and managers who had agreed to perform; those on Long
Island who shared the vision; and the many fans who purchased the tickets.

All ticket holders will automatically be issued a full refund. There is no need to contact us. It may take
a few days for your refund to be fully processed by your credit card company or bank and appear
on your statement.

This decision has absolutely no impact on the Bonnaroo Music Festival 2003 in Manchester, TN, which
will take place this weekend. Artists performing include the Dead, Neil Young & Crazy Horse,
Widespread Panic, the Allman Brothers Band, James Brown, Emmylou Harris, and many others.
The festival is completely sold out.

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  12:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
DAMN!! that really sounds bad! is it just the bonaroo NE then, and not the normal festival?

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  12:45:54 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by victorwootenfan

DAMN!! that really sounds bad! is it just the bonaroo NE then, and not the normal festival?

No, Bonnaroo NE is the one that's cancelled

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  12:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well that sucks! Dammit, that really sucks! At least the other's still going...

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  1:19:14 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
HOLY SHITE!

I was just going to give Brian my final answer this evening as to whether or not I was going to go.... I AM REALLY UPSET ABOUT THIS!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  1:22:16 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
BONNAROO NE

This will in no way affect BONNAROO TN!

I think that's worth pointing out. (again).

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  4:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
yep I think it did, hint hint Sorrel! You can still go, that one is NOT cancelled! Its just us in the NE who are fucked!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  5:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah... NE was the one our tickets were for
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  5:18:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I am SO SORRY!!!!!!!!! I don't know why, I guess because you are in Florida I just assumed you were going to the one in Tennessee. My mistake.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  9:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i know, lets start a festival, book top named acts, start selling tickets, get promotion in place, and NOT GET THE PERMIT FOR THE PARK.

idiots.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  9:56:09 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
lol, no kidding Erich... Yeah, didn't they see Wayne's World 2?

And yes PJK, that would make sense... but Brian (Meethead97) lives in NY... so that REALLY made sense... even though he almost lives in Canada, and the drive to Long Island is like half as long as the one from Fl to Tenn.

I am stilled pissed though.... And upset... I just told my dad last night that I won't be able to go on a trip with him, and he sounded REALLY sad. I hate that feeling of upsetting a parent. So then, like a typical pain in the ass child, I called him today to tell him that maybe we can go together after all... I think he's scared to buy plane tickets on account of my irrational behavior...
Go to Top of Page

meethead97
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2003 :  8:31:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No Bonnaroo and No Sorrel. What could suck more?
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2003 :  12:33:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
bush/cheney '04.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2003 :  08:28:26 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh Brian... nobody in the world seems to like me as much as you do... not even my family, trust me, I know this because I just went to a reunion. I am sure the folks here could give you PLENTLY of things that could suck more... Even I could.... like uh... OOOOOHHHHH..... I am having Mike's baby. (Mike is Brian's brother) Now see my dear, wouldn't that suck more

You are awesome... I am sure sometime in the near future we'll see eachother again, and then maybe you too will see that I am not as great as you think I am... or something like that.... ok, I am done putting myself down... running late... must get to the lab to be somebody's bitch!
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  2:36:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone going this year? I am.
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2006 :  3:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome Patrick! I see where Radiohead is going to be there along with Beck, Bela Fleck and the Flecktones, Les Claypool, Soulive, Bright Eyes, Damian Marley and Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers and more. I would go just to hear Radiohead. I heard rumors of another Radiohead US Tour but so far only two festivals mentioned on their website, one being Bonnaroo.

PLEASE WRITE A REVIEW!!!!!!on my knees begging!

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  2:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Right around the corner... woohoo.... anybody else going?
Go to Top of Page

rubylith
Fluffy-Esque

1915 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  6:39:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit rubylith's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by meethead97

No Bonnaroo and No Sorrel. What could suck more?

quote:
Originally posted by Erich

bush/cheney '04.

Got that right.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000