Italian Job =
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2003 :  12:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
It certainly didn't warrant the philsophical discussion that the Matrix does, but I enjoyed The Italian Job.

1) Edward Norton is so good at playing smarmy assholes.

2) Some of the comic relief was quite clever (e.g, Left Ear and Napster)

3) It's weird but fun to watch a chase scene between Minis and Motorcycles

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2003 :  3:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw the sneak preview of this two weeks ago, and I enjoyed it too. Definitely a turn your brain off kind of movie, but certainly entertaining.

And Turkish from "Snatch" was in it!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2003 :  5:00:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Did he play "Handsome Rob?"
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 06/08/2003 :  6:28:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
And Turkish from "Snatch" was in it!

werd, if u liked snatch, you should see Guy Richies movie that came out before it that was alot better in my opinion, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. The guy is in that too.

Not to say snatch wasnt good, but i liked lock stock alot more.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2003 :  7:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Teri, do you remember that one of my fave movies growing up was called The Italian Job? It was a comedy that involved a robbery and and a chase in tiny cars, mini's to be more precise and creating a huge traffic jam. Was this a remake of that or is it just a coincidence? I don't get the impression the new one is a comedy, but I guess it may be based on the old movie. The 1969 Italian Job with Michael Caine is still one of my fave flicks of all TIMe.

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0064505

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  01:02:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is indeed a remake, Fluffy.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  05:32:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
EGADS!!! 2 remakes in 1 year that I would never have wanted to see happen. The originals were so great, why tamper with perfection. GEEZ!!

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000