Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 early in the morning, rising to the streets...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ucfmeg
Is Anybody Here?

USA
30 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  08:14:03 AM  Show Profile  Send ucfmeg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
So it's 8:00 in the morning and I have been awake now for like 45 minutes....anyone that knows me may say it is a minor miracle. I had to get up to bring a friend to her car so she could get to work (she is crashing at my place b/c her boyfriend is a dick, same old story) but anyway, being in college and having my earliest class at 1 pm, I never have to get up before 11 or noon. I forgot how nice it is early in the morning and I and many other college students are missing a really nice chunk of the day. I don't think I have seen 7:30 since I was in high school. My favorite thing that I noticed on my little drive this morning is that there are more people on the road at 3am then at 7:30 am around here. I did not see one car leaving or entering a college apartment, or one person walking around in my complex (besides a maintenance man). Granted, we are by a big university, but I still think that is crazy. Oh well, just thought it was interesting...so what am I going to do at 8:10 now that I'm all enlightened about mornings...go back to bed, I'm hopeless

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  08:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

light me up that cigarette and I slap shoes on my feet

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  12:16:05 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
got to find a reason, a reason things went wrong, got to find a reason why my money's all gone. bum bum bum bum bu dum (whistle whitsle) Well life is too short so love the one ya got, cause ya migt get run over or ya might get shot (thats all I know off the top)

oh ya so anyways about the topic: yes mornings = kewl but, sleep = kewl too
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  2:15:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Megan... I just talked to you... And here's my suggestion... skip the wedding that you have to go to... and come to my place tonight (maybe if you weren't so hot to trot to watch SNL I coulda gotten that across!)... there's fun to be had by all... and nobody is allowed to pee on my furniture this TIMe...

Yeah... that's right... somebody peed on my nightstand (also nailing my floor and bed) at the last shindig that Sarah and I had...
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  3:24:13 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm exactly the same way, even to the point that on monday wed and fri my first class is at 1pm. But every once and a while I get up early and get a bunch of stuff done, and when I do I too end up feeling great for the rest of the day, sometimes I even go out for a run in the morning.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  3:39:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
when ever i wake up early, it reminds me of golf. but i havent gone golfing in over a year. but i have many fond memories of it, even though i would have to get up at 6 in the mornin, just makes the memories more vivid i supose.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2003 :  7:54:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ucfmeg

My favorite thing that I noticed on my little drive this morning is that there are more people on the road at 3am then at 7:30 am around here. I did not see one car leaving or entering a college apartment, or one person walking around in my complex (besides a maintenance man). Granted, we are by a big university, but I still think that is crazy.

Do they have ROTC there? My early classes were always ROTC-related.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  12:58:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I generally get up by eight every day, and find it can be useful to have the full day.

But I'd have to agree, nothing beats sleeping until two in the afternoon.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  12:59:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Last semester I had a schedule where i would either have class at 9 AM, or nothing at all. Needless to say, I would alternate between getting 3 and 12 hours of sleep. And now that I have a summer internship, I'm beginning to remember why I hated getting up before 7 AM everyday in high school.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:10:28 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I've been getting up at 7 am long enough now that I do it almost automatically. Sometimes the alarm motivates me, but I'm pretty sure I wake up on my own a good bit of the time anyway, right about alarm time.

I never am able to sleep until 2, even if I try. I'm not good at naps, either.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:12:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Somewhat unrelated.....but there is nothing I hate more than waking up 5 minutes before the alarm goes off. I wouldn't mind it so much except for the fact that it happens every other day.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:14:47 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Doesn't really bother me anymore. I usually have to piss pretty badly anyway, so if I didn't get up, my bladder would explode and I'd die. So I'm willing to make the tradeoff. Something about drinking at least 64 oz of water a day....

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Does that constitute a drinking problem?

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:19:36 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yes.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:21:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh good.

Go to Top of Page

skefdawg
Is Anybody Here?

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  3:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Send skefdawg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I had to pick an existing thread to work off of to get myself back on this gravy train. I've been out of the loop for awhile and i would like to say hello to those i haven't talked to in awhile.

Meghan, drink some coffee, trust me it really helps for those early mornings. i can't start my day without it.

Sorell, did you ever find out who turned on the proverbial sprinkler on your furniture? I'd be ragin' cajun.

Life, it seems, ain't no funky reggae party, $5 at the door. It gets so real sometimes.

all my best, kids. i'll be around soon enough.

S-
Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2003 :  7:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
but there is nothing I hate more than waking up 5 minutes before the alarm goes off.

Yeah, but doesn't it rock when you wake up, look at the clock, and see that you still have a good four hours to sleep? I love that...I'm on summer vacation now, so I get to wake up WHENEVER I want to, and go to bed as late as I want to...And do whatever I want to, provided no one's home.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2003 :  06:59:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by enthuTIMsiast

quote:

light me up that cigarette and I slap shoes on my feet

Got to Find a reason, a reason things went wrong, got to find a reason why my money's all gone...

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000