New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2003 :  5:31:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Feel free to download my song and tell me what you think. Keep in mind, I was pretty rushed to do this(did it in less than a day... wrote, recorded, mixed), so it'd be better if I had more time. I rushed because today was the deadline to submit a demo to try to get on a CD of nothing but Full Sail students. Anyway, it's at www.thanksbrother.com and the link is the word 'song'. Less than 4mb.

BTW, I doubt I have to say it here, but you can't be too safe.. It's being registered so no funny business

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2003 :  7:21:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2003 :  03:15:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow... that's REALLY wonderful.... I hope you all are downloading this!! And how might I get my hands on one of those cds???

For those of you who don't know... and I am sure Dirtysloth isn't going to brag... Full Sail is an incredible school of it's field... They really make their students work harder than I could ever dream of... and everybody that I know from there is an incredible musician in one way or another... I really wish I could give a better description, but I just don't know this field well enough... But I have met musicians that go here that blow my mind... no lie, one of my friends put me to tears when she sang the other night for some friends and I, although she's learning the stings of the actual music production process.... In case you can't tell by my post, i am extremely jealous of Full Sailers because I know that I will never have a small fraction of their talent....

Can you tell us some more about Full Sail... for the love of all things... my description sucks!
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2003 :  07:03:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Full Sail is a school for all kinds of media. The degree programs include Computer Animation, Show Production and Touring, Film, Digital Media, Game Design, and what I'm in... Recording Arts. All of these are Associate of Science degrees, which are usually two year degrees, but this is a one year school. This results in students spending anywhere from 30-50 hrs a week or more physically in school, at insane hours(for instance, once I had all weekend off except for a 3AM lab on Sunday). It really is an incredible place to learn though and for a detailed look if anyone's interested, the website is, creatively enough, www.fullsail.com

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2003 :  4:22:53 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
hey man, i forgot to tell you that I did indeed download the song the first day you posted the topic, and I definately dig it. I figured you have a rough schedule over there, your away message always says either "in the lab" or "asleep"

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2003 :  11:09:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kev. Here's another one if anyone's interested... http://www.thanksbrother.com/music/patrick_orcutt-mandelbrot's_set.mp3

That's an older one, an improv that I just happened to be recording from about two years ago.
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2003 :  01:51:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TTT in case anybody who might be interested missed this... http://www.thanksbrother.com/music/patrick_orcutt-waiting_for_the_day.mp3 was the link
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  1:27:00 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I listened. I like. More please?

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2003 :  6:39:26 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How about an update on how school is treating you down there in the (f)art state?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  2:27:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
More will be on the way in the not too distant future as I work and start getting some gear for a little home studio rig. And as far as school is going... I haven't been posting too much lately because I've been in school at crazy hours. For instance, last week, Monday through Friday, I had school 9am-1pm and 9pm-1am... so never more than 8 hours between classes, and homework and studying to do too, not to mention I've been having car trouble and I had to walk sometimes when I couldn't find a ride. Now I've got 5am labs for the rest of the month. But... only exactly 100 hours of school left for me.... after a 5am test on 8/2, no more school for me ever.
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  9:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That schedule baffles me. !!

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2003 :  9:35:29 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I am going to Full Sail party tonight.... I really wish you'd come out! It's very weird, several of my friends can't make it til later because they have class until 1am... ugh... don't know how you do it!
Go to Top of Page

bahbah
Is Anybody Here?

1 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2003 :  5:36:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Check out www.fullsailsucks.com for reviews and opinions about Full Sail. Worth checking out!
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2003 :  6:03:46 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the link bahbah. The link, I'll remind you is www.fullsailsucks.com and in their opening statement is this:
quote:
This website hopes to present students with objective and unbiased reviews of Full Sail in a concise manner so future students can make an educated decision before deciding to attend the school.

I hope I don't even have to explain myself here.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2003 :  6:20:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, you're right, the site is anything but objective. It is biased because most of the reviews posted on there are by the part of the student population who will probably never get anywhere in life, the students who didn't take advantage of the wealth of knowledge you can gain at that school. There are a few things I'd love to change about the place, but the bottom line is the knowledge is there, and if you don't take something and make something out of it then that's your fault, don't try to blame it on the school. These students expect placement to hand them a job, every instructor to be at the top of the field, and every class to be amazing because after all, they paid a lot for it. No, you're paying for the degree and it is still probably a cheap option compared to other schools. Some classes required for a degree probably aren't going to be fun. They complained about the teacher to student ratio, like how there are 80 students in a lecture... it's a lecture!!! I had instructors who had amazing careers... like one mixed Backstreet Boys, Creed,(not saying I like those groups, but I respect an engineer with a track record like that) and is currently on break to record another Deep Purple album... and at a 6:1 ratio in multimillion dollar studios for 20 hours a week for four weeks one month, aside from the other 20 hours a week we had at the same time being lectured by a grammy award winning engineer who has mixed for the likes of Kansas. But that site is ridiculous, even though Full Sail might be far from perfect... like I said, everything you need is there and it's your fault if you're too lazy to do something with it. The people who write these opinions are the same people who slid through the program meeting the minimum requirements... please... you go ahead and sulk about it then and while you're doing that I'll be busy making music.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2003 :  08:25:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I agree with Dirtysloth. I think a lot of people go there expecting to become an overnight sensation in the entertainment industry and ignore the fact that they're getting into an intense program. With the people that I have met who go there, the ones who did well, studied (yeah... it is college, I found many people didn't think that they had to), and put forth the effort are extremely happy that they went there. One of my good friends graduates in October, and then the next day moves, so that she can start her job as a producer the following Monday... That said, she busted her ass.

The ones who don't like it seem to not be ready for college in general or would be better at a normal university... such as UCF... where you know... you can go to class stoned and still get an A....
Go to Top of Page

Xar666
Yak Addict

USA
546 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2003 :  4:06:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
$32,000 for an associates degree. I passed on the Game Development program after researching the school. I am now getting a BS in Computer Science from a university.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  06:10:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey dirtysloth, I found this and immediately thought of you. Not because of the text, but because of the picture. LOL

The text says:
Relax. Just sit there. This would be a good time for a nap, don’t you think? Put your feet up on the desk. Whatever you were working on can wait until tomorrow. This is your time. Time to sleep.Time to dream. Dream you’re in another place. Maybe on the beach. Anyplace but this office.

If you want to download a beautiful full size version here's the link:

http://www.dumbentia.com/sinslib/sins-sloth.pdf

By the way, everyone should check them out they are pretty funny. They are entitled "Seven Deadly Motivational Posters". Here's the link:

http://www.dumbentia.com/gallery_sins.html

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000