New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2003 :  7:27:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, I started saving money for a bass, but have already used some of it on cds. I picked up Chick Corea and Return to Forever's "Light as a Feather" and Arturo Sandoval's "Trumpet Evolution." If you like fusion or jazz, i strongly suggest both albums. The Return to forever is early stuff, no Al DiMeola(sadly), but a flute/sax and singer in his place. Stanley clarke on upright bass is freakin' great!

Arturo Sandoval's album is great if you like all jazz. It's pretty much a tribute from him to 19 trumpet players, from King oliver, louis armstrong, miles davis, diz, all the way to wynton himself! It's really good stuff, and it kinda like the history of jazz trumpet in one cd, played by THE BEST trumpet player!

Anyway, what cds have you guys bought up of late?

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2003 :  8:36:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I haven't bought many CDs lately cause I have no money at all. But a few I strongly recomend:

"Sky Like a Broken Clock" Kelly Joe Phelps

"Wishing Well" and "Resume" Richie Havens

"Leo Kottke Live" "My Feet Are Smiling" Leo Kottke

"Cedar Grove" Jeff Lang

"Rolling Thunder Revue Bootleg Series #5" Bob Dylan

There they are, some of my favourites.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  11:40:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
other cds i've bought recent(i've had a strange cash flow situation lately, and i'm addicted to buying cds...)

Trey Anastasio- Plasma
Phish- live phish volume 14(who's quadraphenia)
Eric Dolphy- complete prestige recordings
Stanley clarke- self-titled
brian bromberg- jaco

Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  4:06:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suggest:

Bela Fleck - Perpetual Motion
Ben Folds - Ben Folds Live
Beck - Sea Change (much better than Midnite Vultures)
Lyle Lovett - Live in Texas
Ben Harper - Diamonds on the Inside

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  5:36:11 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is SOME stuff I have bought in the last month:

Loose Fur: self titled (Jeff Tweedy/Wilco side-project)
Kelly Joe Phelps: Begger's Oil EP
Fleetwood Mac: Say You Will
Chris Whitley: Hotel Vast Horizon
Victor Wooten: Yin Yang
Corey Harris: Downhome Sophisticate (includes Houston Ross and Johnny Gilmore from TR3)
Bob Marley: Rebel Music (remastered)
Peter Gabriel: Passion (remastered SACD)
Chelsea Walls soundtrack (done by Jeff Tweedy)
and tons more... so much that I haven't even had time to listen to all of my new music... and so much more cool stuff is about to come out.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  8:53:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KevinLesko

Victor Wooten: Yin Yang

you know, i still don't own this cd. one of my friends has it, and i borrowed some time ago, and taped some of it on cassette. it's just it's a good cd, but i still haven't paid the 20-25 bucks to buy it yet. i own just about everything else wooten tho...

oh yeah, that reminded me, victor wooten is coming out with a new studio album as well!

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  9:11:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Kelly Joe Phelps: Begger's Oil EP
Wow! How do you like it? It's one of my favorites, especially Don Quixote's Windmill. Sky Like a Broken Clock is the CD that Beggar's Oil compliments, so I'd suggest that.

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  10:47:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Fleetwood Mac: Say You Will

Hey Kevin, is that CD any good? I haven't had a chance to listen to it. But I'll probably buy it.....along with The Dance DVD.....just to see Linsey Buckingham on Big Love.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2003 :  01:27:21 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Patrick, I absolutely love the new FM cd... I am a huge Lindsey Buckingham fan, and since it sounds like you are too I would definatley check it out... he produced the whole thing and most of the songs are songs he has been working on for the past 10 years or so. The second song on there he goes apeshit on an electric solo... he is definatley contributing his creativity and experimental desires to the cd... there is even a song on there that sounds like a hard garage rock band. Get that DVD too.. it has some songs that were cut off the cd, such as Lindsey solo doing a mind-blowing version of GO INSANE.

By the way VWF... I too have been meaning to get Yin Yang but never wanted to pay so much... but there was one good thing about my store being bought out by liquidators, I hid a stack of cds i wanted until the last day of business... Yin Yang cost me about a dollar... and that KJP EP was probably a few cents.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2003 :  08:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

By the way VWF... I too have been meaning to get Yin Yang but never wanted to pay so much... but there was one good thing about my store being bought out by liquidators, I hid a stack of cds i wanted until the last day of business... Yin Yang cost me about a dollar... and that KJP EP was probably a few cents.

I know how that is, about 2 years ago we had a cd store do the same thing. All the cds were like 5 bucks each, and they still had some phish, some jazz, and some cool misc. stuff(incecse, etc...).

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2003 :  10:03:44 AM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I love cheap ass CDs!! I've got about ten CDs for ten dollars before at small music shops (because they'd been sitting in the "Cheap" bin for about a month, then into the "Great Buy" bin, and then into a cardboard box in the back room that said, in blue Sharpie, "Liquidation, buy these, assholes!"), and that was awesome. Nothing can beat Gordon Lightfoot's United Artist Collection (49 songs total) for a dollar fifty!

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

GuitarGuy305
Alien Abductee

USA
2007 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2003 :  10:06:52 AM  Show Profile  Send GuitarGuy305 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I recently bought Pete Yorns Day I forgot and Coldplays newest CD. Both are very good.

Adam
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2003 :  3:54:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've had the new Coldplay for a few months, and it is a pretty good album.

Oh, a new Radiohead album is coming out too.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2003 :  3:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Patrick, I absolutely love the new FM cd... I am a huge Lindsey Buckingham fan, and since it sounds like you are too I would definatley check it out... he produced the whole thing and most of the songs are songs he has been working on for the past 10 years or so. The second song on there he goes apeshit on an electric solo... he is definatley contributing his creativity and experimental desires to the cd... there is even a song on there that sounds like a hard garage rock band. Get that DVD too.. it has some songs that were cut off the cd, such as Lindsey solo doing a mind-blowing version of GO INSANE.

Well I guess that means that I'm buying it then.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2003 :  7:51:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes the CD'aholic is at it again. Three last night: Opeth's Damnation; Beatles, Help; Grateful Dead/Dead Set;

not so recently purchased but loving a great deal:

Portishead Roseland NYC Live

The Flaming Lips Yoshimi

Fleetwood Mac Say You Will

Led Zeppelin Early Days& Latter Days

Meanflower's a distant episode

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2003 :  11:15:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin! Yes I did it again! But I had a coupon for up to 5 CD's and I couldn't waste it, right? hehe Good old Best Buy! So I bought 5!

Peter Gabriel 1
The Best of James Taylor
Experience Hendrix (the best of Jimi Hendrix)
King Crimson The Power to Believe
Mambo Sinuendo (Ry Cooder and Manuel Galban)

The last 2 were recommended by a dear friend. I had wanted to get King Crimson's cd for awhile now but the other I hadn't heard much about. What an amazing piece of work! Very tight!

Yesterday I also sat down with my checkbook and with the summer approaching I must start tightening my belt, especially if I don't get the job I am counting on. That is the bad thing about working for a school district...no pay in the summer! Years ago it wasn't as much of a problem if I didn't work during the summer, but with the economy the way it is, I have to work.(just like everyone else) Anyway I will have to stay away from Best Buy!

OK I LIED!!!! I am buying one more CD! JUNE 10th RADIOHEAD'S HAIL TO THE THEEIF!!!!! I heard the song "THERE THERE" on AOL and it is awesome! I just love Radiohead!!!!! Now I am a very happy camper!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2003 :  1:40:13 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Pam what kind of coupon was that? I got to get my hands on one of those! I hope you get that job so you can keep going to Best Buy.

I went this past Tuesday and I bought:

+Live+: Birds of Pray
Marilyn Manson: Golden Age of Grotesque
Deftones: Deftones (new one)
Peter Gabriel: Secret World Live (DVD)

Pam, how do you like the Peter Gabriel CAR cd? As big of a fan as I am, I really don't care for that cd with the exception of the 1st track and obviously Sollisberry Hill.

Oh, and is that King Krimson cd their new one that just came out a month or two ago? If it is I've been hearing awesome things about that and I've been meaning to check it out.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2003 :  3:00:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kevin, It was a 10%off up to 5 CD's or DVD's, no they weren't free or anything but hey, 10% off 5 cds saved me over $5 so I was happy because they were all ones I would have bought full price anyway.

I was disapppointed in the PG cd. Not one of my favorites by any means. Secret World, on the other hand, is one of my all time favorites! (I have the video of Secret World as well but it really doesn't do much for me.)Paula Cole has an amazing voice! I think my second favorite PG cd would definitely be Peter's #3, I just love Intruder and No Self Control also Biko is very dear to my heart as I was an admirer of Steven and all he stood for. If you don't have that one get it! It's worth the money. Ovo is worth the money as well.

Yes the King Crimson is the new one and it is outstanding. No disappointment there!

So, you got Marily Mansons #1 CD! I love your away messages, in case I forgot to tell you and I did go and look it up when you had that one on! hehe

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2003 :  5:57:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm still saving for a new bass, plus i got my 18th birthday coming, so i know i got some cds on the way! But for now, no cds for me...

Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2003 :  3:57:37 PM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
My most recent purchases:

Peter Gabriel - So
Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dream
Kronos Quartet - Night Prayers

Night Prayers is amazing.

Any recommendations for any African music?
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2003 :  4:12:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
siamese dream, now there is an awesome cd! i brought that out to listen to recently...good shit!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2003 :  4:15:46 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I went to Tower last night and FINALLY found a copy of Lindsey Buckingham's "Go Insane" solo cd. I've been looking for it for about a month. I also picked up Major Leauge 2 on dvd for 5 bucks.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2003 :  4:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Any recommendations for any African music?

There is a compliation cd called "Soweto never sleeps" that is awesome. Also be sure to check out any cds by either "King Sunny Ade or Johnny Clegg

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2003 :  4:37:11 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
i get most of my cds from the internet.

peter gabriel - up
saetia - a retrospective
most precious blood - nothing in vain
michael hedges - aerial boundries
thrice - the illusion of safety
george carlin - jammin in new york
lord of the rings soundtracks (howard shore)

flawless. bugman, how's the kronos quarter cd? they rule all over the place.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  6:01:32 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Glad to see that you got "UP" Dan, it is an awesome cd!!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  7:48:44 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just got the new Pat Matheney, Its the barritone acoustic one. forget the name, in the car.
Go to Top of Page

dan p.
Alien Abductee

Uganda
3776 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2003 :  10:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Send dan p. an AOL message  Reply with Quote
yeah, up's pretty good. i was surprised with it. some of it is darker than i expected.

death to false metal.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2003 :  07:33:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going today, since i just got some birthday money, to the store, and picking up another live phish release(#17, I think), and the rising low dvd. After that, start on a research paper!

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2003 :  11:01:35 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Recent Trip to the CD store (www.bestbuy.com) I got three things:

How The West Was Won DVD
How The West Was Won CD
and a Western Digital 120 GB hard drive for $160 with an $80 rebate. You CAN NOT beat that.

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:08:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Grrrrrr.....I got a ton of CDs and DVDs on my amazon wishlist. Sometimes it really sucks having a birthday 2 months after Christmas.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:18:08 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
When is your birthday? Mine's Feb 6, so we must be close... but I think we've had this discussion before, huh?

Anyway...

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:20:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Feb. 25. Exactly 2 months after Christmas.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Right on. I've never noticed any Chirstmas/Birthday present issues. I really always made out pretty well either way.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:26:02 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's not the point. I'm talking about that 10 month gap where you get nothing.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:28:30 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh yeah, I do get that.. .My sister has it made in that case, cause she's from July, which is almost smack in the middle, and her birthday is the 26th to boot. She couldn't be more centered.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:33:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Damn! My dad's the same. His in smack dab in the middle of July. Maybe we could coax them into trading birthdays with us.

Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:35:25 AM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
At least for a couple of years, to make it a little more fair. Or maybe they could just buy us presents for their birthday, that'd work just as well.

Tim Reynolds Downloads

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  01:39:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There's no better way to say happy birthday to yourself than buying presents for other people.

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2003 :  08:51:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just save some b'day $ and spend it on CD's in July!

My b'day is in the summer and I hated it because all the years in grade school I never had a chance to bring in cupcakes for the class for my birthday!

Now if I want something I just buy it so birthdays are just a slap in the face reminder how OLD I am getting!

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  7:42:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Todays purchase: Radiohead's "Hail to the Thief"

Awesome, would I expect less, ofcourse not! hehe

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  9:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
my recent purchases:
makia groove(a local group)
george duke-ilusions
frank zappa- the lost episodes

Go to Top of Page

dick mountjoy
Chatterbox

USA
176 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2003 :  9:55:55 PM  Show Profile  Send dick mountjoy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
most recent cd's i got were:
Sigur Ros: ( )
Pete Yorn: Day I Forgot
Stevie Ray Vaughan And DT live at Carnegie Hall

"Go Banana!" - Ralph Wiggum
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  5:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Now that I'm working again, I can buy cds!!!! We went to Ameboa Records in hollywood and browsed the MASSIVE used section (bigger than most stores) and I found:

Serart: Serart (Serj from System of a Down's side project)
John Scofield: A Go Go (with Medeski Martin & Wood)
Eliot Smith: XO

the best part was that I sold some old cds mostly that I got for free and they gave me 30 bucks store credit, and my 3 cds came to 29 bucks and change!!! yeeeehaw

Hey Dick, how is that Sigur Ros cd? I've been hearing awesome things about it.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  6:02:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like "( )" quite a bit. It's just weird not understanding a word he says, seeing as how he's not really speaking any real language there. Great album though. Has a couple points in it that make the hair on the back of of my neck stand up a little.
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  8:20:49 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I just bought ( ) the other day...a friend of mine recommended it.

I agree...I love the music, but I wish I could make out what he's saying. Anyway, I'm definitely going to try to see them next time they come through. I guess their concerts are a big audio/visual production with films playing and such...sounds killer

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2003 :  06:35:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
cds i got from a local library that i'm going to burn...

Kodo-Mondo Head (drumming from around the world)
Rob Wasserman- Space Island
Yellowjackets- Best Of
Larry Carlton- (2 cds, i can't remember the names)
Dr. John- In a sentimental Mood
Soulive- (can't remember the title)
John Williams- The Magic Box

and a few others...

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  2:44:49 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well shit then, I guess I'll be buying that cd sometime soon! Sigur Ros seems to be a favorite of a lot of musicians. I remember when I saw Audioslave they were playing Sigur while setting up their stage.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  06:39:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i still haven't heard sigur ros yet, i've heard it's pretty good ambient stuff, which i love, so i need to pick it up!

Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  2:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
King Crimson The Power to Believe
Mambo Sinuendo (Ry Cooder and Manuel Galban)

The last 2 were recommended by a dear friend. I had wanted to get King Crimson's cd for awhile now but the other I hadn't heard much about. What an amazing piece of work! Very tight!

Saturday at work, I went digging deep into the promo cabinets and found a free copy of that King Crimson cd, and I am completely blown away. It's my current favorite cd, in fact I'm listening to it right now. It is just amazing. I didn't expect it to be so "with the times".

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  8:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Woohooo alright Kevin!!!! What luck! Maybe I need to work in a music store too, oh wait, now I remember you and Fluffy saying you end up spending more on music by working there. So I guess you really deserve a freebie every once in a while!

Your post really put a smile on my face! So glad you got to hear that cd!

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/25/2003 :  9:03:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
last cds i bought were derek trucks- soul seranade and flecktones- lttle worlds.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000