Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Tablature / Guitar Setup
 Tim solos for Typical Situation tabbed...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

centurybrother
Try A Little Harder

54 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2003 :  7:21:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit centurybrother's Homepage  Send centurybrother an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Here is a little something I did a long while back. I see nothing up for a Tim part in Typical Situation, so I sat down and tried to play along with Luther College by ear - this led to some catchy fills of Tim's and many of my own.

TO TAB>>> http://dmbtabs.com/song.php?sid=18&tid=327
TO MP3>>> www.cadenzaspell.com/Typicalsituationsolo.mp3

The tab was written as close to the MP3 I provided as possible. Hope this will interest somebody Have fun.

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2003 :  10:05:56 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Solid...very nice playing. Granted, not exact...but a hell of a lot better than I could do =). I really wanna hear someone else play the billies solo at 3:18.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2003 :  11:53:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Billies solo?! I'd be thoroughly impressed if someone could play that.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2003 :  12:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That's why I'd really like to hear it =). People have tabbed it out, why not give it a shot? =)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2003 :  4:25:34 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I was going to ask what version that was from, and iwas going to say that was by far the worst ive heard tim play in a long time, but then i realized that was your playing. So for what its worth, its well done, and to say that it would sound like a really bad tim is a compliment in some way

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2003 :  8:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the tempo strikes me as a bit off...and some notes sound like they accidentally got muted prematurely, but all in all...I'd say it's an admirable attempt and certainly better than the average joe =).

Go to Top of Page

centurybrother
Try A Little Harder

54 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2003 :  5:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit centurybrother's Homepage  Send centurybrother an AOL message  Reply with Quote
well thanks for the feedback guys...prematurely muted fits it well...I know what you mean...I was playing on my dad's Fender DCXE (as opposed to my chet) and the quality of sound was lost a little too...alright then...appreciate the responses guys does anybody else post MP3's of themselves here???
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000