Kevin, where are you?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2003 :  12:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
How was Chris Whitley last night? Are you coming to the Roxy tonight?

teri :)

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2003 :  1:07:58 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Teri, super busy with school today... I don't have time for a long review at the moment, but the Show was GREAT last night!!! It was very cool to see Fluffy too. Very quickly... he told me to tell everyone that he is sorry that he doesn't have time to post... and it isnt because he doesnt want to but because he is not only acting as manager, but he is also driving this tour, and babysitting the guys. Sorry I didnt get to see you Teri. I promise to post a better review, maybe tonight if I finish everything.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  1:25:52 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm working on putting my pictures online right now. Teri did you go to the Hollywood show? How was it?

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  1:57:10 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
ok, I have some time to post about my day, which started out pretty rotten. I got a frantic call from my girlfriend Nicole who needed to miss class and drive her to Orange to get a life scan fingerprinting done for her new job, which I did, only to get there and have them tell us that the computers are down and to come back tomorow. FUCK THAT! She actually decided not to even take the new job which would have been at the YMCA and opted instead for a secretary job that she was offered which ended up paying more anyways. After that fiasco, we finally got ready to head down to SD. The first thing we did was met up with my brother because I had to transfer some money into his account and talk to him about possibly buying his wife's car. After that we headed down the street to Lou's Records which I have talked about many times as being my Favorite record shop. I picked up Peter Gabriel "Passion" remastered and Loose Fur (which is a Wilco/ Jeff Tweedy side project that is awesome.) If you are a Yankee Hotel Foxtrot fan, you will love Loose Fur. This place specialized in rare cds so Nicole found a CD from a band that she actually knows from Hawaii where she grew up, and she also picked up the new Madonna cd (which isn't too bad)

After that he went next door to Juanitas, which is a little hole in the wall mexican food joint that is one of my absolute favorite places to eat. Best Burritos ever. After eating we headed down the the Belly Up, and I looked around back and saw Fluffy but he looked way to busy at the moment, so we bought Tix and went out front to wait for doors to open, After a few mins Fluffy came around the corner to say hi and talk for a few mins. We chatted about the tour, how hectic his duties are because they have no driver so he is doing it all. We then talked about TR a bit who was at the NM show and how they are hoping to hit CA again in June. He informend me that Chris wasnt going on stage until 10, which was a few hours away, so Nicole and I found a little cafe next door and had some coffee and desert (she had creme brule, and I had Chocolate Cake)

We heading inside and ordered some drinks, then cought the opening acts, the first of which was a guy named Gus Black, and I was very impressed, Nicole loved him. Very mellow acoustic with snare drums in the background. Nicole liked him so much that she went right to the merch table and the guy flat out gave her a shirt and cd for free. Pretty cool. Johnny Society was up next and they are very talented. Kinda reminded me of Gov't Mule a bit.

Then CW took the stage and I was standing right in front of his mic... litterally about 2 feet away. He opened with the first song off Hotel Vast Horizon which is an awesome song. Chris seemed to be in very good sprirts and didnt appear to be drinking like the last time I saw him. The highlight for me was an Awesome version of Vertical Desert which is one of my favorite tracks off Rockethouse. During the encor he did Living with the Law which was cool too. After the show I hung out for a bit and waited for Fluffy to come out to the merch booth, where I got a Hotel Vast Horizon poster and talked with Fluffy a bit more. Like I said above, he wanted me to tell everyone that he isnt ignoring us and he feels bad for not having time to post. After thanking him and saying goodbye we headed back home. Awesome time!

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  1:58:23 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
here is a link to the pictures I took, hopefully it works... let me know what you think.

http://photos.msn.com/viewing/album.aspx?m7A!X9U3q6bynoZEhFj0U2GZx8LZjXTfWHFqQjop!AU6UiBvP5OCfZMCljupQQU0Ie9V6UgTEdf2m7!h5pE*!xfxbvu!LJUdj!MbbU9kl6!KWjzavZ2AuQ$$

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  3:56:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Awesome review and pictures Kevin! Thanks! They meant a lot to me since missed the show when they came to Philly. Really happy that you and Nicole had such a great time!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  10:19:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I really appreciate the fact that you use different paragraphs when telling a story!

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2003 :  12:24:02 AM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I really appreciate the fact that you use different paragraphs when telling a story!

No problem, I think we have the ladies on the board to thank for that. Their insistance on paragraphing is well appreciated.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000