Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 online radio?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2003 :  10:30:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I know that AOL has a good radio set up with a variety of genres, but I don’t have AOL. I tried to download Netscape’s, but the music selection was slim, not to mention interrupted with ads. Anybody use or recommend a, preferably free, online radio… if that’s even what they’re called….

skefdawg
Is Anybody Here?

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2003 :  11:34:29 AM  Show Profile  Send skefdawg an AOL message  Reply with Quote
VH1 radio is pretty good. i think it's www.vh1.com/radio .

The have a bunch of different genre's, i dig it.

--S
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2003 :  2:19:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I used to listen to radioio.com Maybe it's .net. I don't remember. It was a pretty good station.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

CPPJames
Yak Addict

Fyro Macedonia
800 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2003 :  3:57:06 PM  Show Profile  Send CPPJames an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the VH1 Radio suggestion, seems pretty cool. Now to see if it'll work behind my firewall at work. That'd be nice.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world. Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2003 :  8:38:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Great suggestions! Just what I am looking for.... not to mention this is distracting me even more from my studies!
Go to Top of Page

bugman96
Chatterbox

148 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2003 :  09:40:27 AM  Show Profile  Send bugman96 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
wgls.rowan.edu

the link to listen is all the way at the top. I have no idea what their programming is like
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2003 :  8:15:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
They advertise www.mycpr.com on my local Christian Music station, but that's only helpful it you want to listen to CCM. They do play stuff like P.O.D. if you're into that.

We also used to have a good alternative station here, but the owners decided to go Spanish format. The old format is now streaming online at http://www.kbco.com/misc/worldclassrock.html
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  12:47:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There was a woman from RadioIO at the Chris Whitley show last night. It sounded like a cool streaming audio site. I think the address is http://www.radioio.com

teri :)
Go to Top of Page

enthuTIMsiast
Alien Abductee

6990 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2003 :  1:04:38 PM  Show Profile  Send enthuTIMsiast an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ween Radio

Tim Reynolds Downloads
I am not the albatross of love, I am the human ellipsis. I am dot dot dot. - Leo Kottke

I hate beating people over the head with anything. We can all make up our own minds. What we don’t have is enough music. More music please. - Leo Kottke
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2003 :  4:35:02 PM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
if anybody else was interested, I found one that I like a lot:

winamp.com
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  06:27:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
www.launch.com

that's what i use.

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2003 :  4:13:21 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Due to the lack of good radio in L.A. I've basically abandoned listening to music on the radio, and just listen to my cds, but I now listen to talk radio A LOT!!! Howard Stern in the mornings, Tom Leykis in the afternoons, and Loveline at night. I find it very entertaining and quite informative too. It's a great way to keep up with what is going on.

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2003 :  2:09:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
any good online video sites?

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

KevinLesko
Alien Abductee

3712 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2003 :  4:11:51 PM  Show Profile  Send KevinLesko an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I found an archive of some recent Tom Leykis shows, I honostly find his show to not only be the most entertaining thing on the radio, but also the most informative, and educational.

http://www.rajuabju.com/tleykis/archives/andromeda.php

god
Kevin
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000