Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Tim Reynolds Message Board
 Friends Aboard the Space Pod
 Now that we have the music, whats your workout?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  2:51:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This has probably been covered before but since we now have great suggestions for music, what does everyone do for their work out and how often?

I was (and plan to go back to) working out on the Nordic Track Skier for an hour about 4-5 days a week, some weeks every day. Running is ok except I find I am better off if I do an indoor workout because I tend to keep it up longer.

I am starting off with stretching exercises and crunches. I am thinking of lifting weights because I heard it is good for women to do them not to build muscle but keep them toned?

As for diet (after my piece of cheesecake today hehe) I am going to go back to avoiding as much processed food as possible.

I sure would love to hear what everyone else does! And what about TIM, he may be short, but damn he is in fine shape!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  3:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ok, my work out.......hmm where to start. Ok, first I work out 2-4 times a week. Consisting of: 20 rep squats (175 right now), 20 rep deadlift (200 right now),Chinups with weight, dips with weight, curls, Bench (130 for 8 reps), over head press, and finally incline situps (10 lbs. behind your head). Thats my work out
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  6:20:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't do too much with weights, but I jog/run/walk for at least two hours five nights a week. Swimming is awesome if you want an extremely low impact way to get some exercise.

Diet wise, no more regular soda. I'm drinking more water. And just trying to cut down on calories in general.

Don't buy the Subway diet shit. Find something that works for you and keep it up. I think that's the best way to do things.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  7:43:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My workout consists of 50 sit-ups and 10 push ups everynite right before going to sleep. It's simple and it keeps me in a little bit of shape right now. I also try to run about a mile a week in the mornings, if the weather is nice(which is hasn't been).

Usually i don't have exercise music, but when i used to exercise back in the day, tim reynolds ID was pretty good...

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  8:18:07 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh ya, because ID was released WAY WAY BACK! hahaa
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  8:53:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thomasode

Oh ya, because ID was released WAY WAY BACK! hahaa

for a 17 year old like me, it sure is!!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  10:26:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm confused, (as usual) 2001 was a long time ago???? Ok I guess that is because I am WAY more than 17, hehehe so it seems like yesterday! We are talking about ID that you could download right?????

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

thomasode
Yak Addict

565 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2003 :  10:42:32 PM  Show Profile  Send thomasode an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Well I'm 14 and it seems like it came out just a little while ago. Ok I'll shut up and let this one go.
Go to Top of Page

Miss Sorrel
Yak Addict

593 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2003 :  03:08:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Miss Sorrel an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Wow... you all have some workouts! I feel like I should be putting WAY more into mine... I of course am partial to Spinning, which I should be, seeing as how I teach it! But even when I do, I work off the bike... But I still try to do at least an hour of cardio everyday, and then try to do some other one hour session of something... My mother has been a Yoga instuctor for about 30 years, so from that influence I swear by it... However, as of lately, i am addicted to kick boxing and the rowing machine!!

But as for work outs and music... i used the other board post and downloaded a lot of the music that you all listen to and put it into new set lists! It was pretty cool!! Ahh... again the board has made my life better
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2003 :  12:19:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The Tim Reynolds Message Board: It's not just an addiction, it's a positive way to change your life.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2003 :  4:47:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Arthen Posted - 04/21/2003 : 12:19:26 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Tim Reynolds Message Board: It's not just an addiction, it's a positive way to change your life

Great quote and oh so true! I know my life is so much better because of the friends I have made on this board and from the comments everyone contributes!

Go to Top of Page

Jay
Alien Abductee

Vatican City
2279 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  10:40:22 PM  Show Profile  Send Jay an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Same here! After becoming one of the "regulars" I found that it is so easy to talk to understanding people. I love it here...I love it so much I will finally reveal the tantalizing aspects of my workoot.

Step one: Wake the fuck up
Step two: Smoke a cigarette
Step three: Pour a cup of coffee, and drink the damn thing
Step Four: Smoke
Step five: Grasp TV remote
Step six: Watch TV
Step seven: get out of bed
Step Eight: fall asleep
Step Nine: Wake up, fart, get a drink, smoke, fall asleep
Step Ten: Wake up, play guitar (It's only noon, now) till three in the morning, smoke
Step Eleven: Repeat

Now, for when school's in sesion:

Step One: Wake up at 4:43
Step Two: Hit snooze until 4:52
Step Three: Hit snooze until 5:01
Step Four: Hit snooze until 5:10
Step Five: Hit snooze until 5:19
Step Six: Hit snooze until 5:28
Step Seven: Hit snooze until 5:37
Step Eight: Hit snooze until 5:46
Step Nine: Hit snooze until 5:55
Step Ten: Hit snooze until 6:04
Step Eleven: Hit snooze until 6:13
Step Twelve: Turn on TV
Step Thirteen: Watch morning news until 6:17
Step Fourteen: Get dressed
Step Fifteen: Smoke
Step Sixteen: Go downstairts, make coffee, watch news
Step Seventeen: Go to school(Leaving at EXACTLY 6:44)
Step Eighteen: Idly wait through morning classes until GYM
Step Ninteen: Go to gym class, do ten situps with ten pushups, run 1/4 mile
Step Twenty: Pretend to play sports
Step Twenty-one: GO to Spanish
Step Twenty-two: Speak spanish
Step Twenty-three: Go home
Step Twenty-four: Smoke
Step Twenty-Five: Eat
Step Twenty-Seven: Play guitar
Step Twenty-eight: Eat
Step Twenty-nine: Smoke
Step Thrity: Smoke
Step Thirty-one: Sleep
Step Thirty-two: Repeat.

There you have it. Do that and you'll be 6'3" and 210 pounds with curly hair and a button-up shirt in no time. Pretty soon you'll start seeing things and wondering "how come the kids don't call?" Then you'll start to wonder if Tom Waits has a kitten or not, and these things will REALLY start to bother you until your tooth starts to hurt and you think " What the hell I'll just take some tylenol and shoot some Orajel in there and see if it'll stop" and then you'll have to get a fuckin' root canal TOMORROW and then you'll be screwed cause you have to ride in the car with your mom and even though she likes Bob Dylan you know that she's always worried aboot that damn tooth of your's that you gotta get fixed and so does that damn Jack Russel around the back and there's a blue box outlined in green and a CSNY record hagin' out on the speaker by the old treadmill and there's a 14 pound steelhead mounted above the fireplace and if you try, try, hard enough you can still smell the brown dirt and dad's cigarette smoke and dried salmon eggs and hear the water splashing as a big steelie gets pulled out of the grand river on thanksgiving morning and then going to aunt marilyn's house where grandma arrives three hours late with three baskets of dinner rolls saying "I coulda sworn you said four." and then it rained that night and the fish was in the freezer in the basement waiting to be sent to Don Schunauer's place where he'd stuff it and mount it on driftwood so you cna see it on the fire place where many a time we've sat on a power-less winter night, candles flickering like ripped flags, listening to the wind and wondering, "How come the kids don't call?"

"Hey man...you smell..."
"Oh yeah?"
"yeah...like dinner..."
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2003 :  10:57:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
HAHAHAHAHA Jay I loved that! hehehe I have the pushing the snooze alarm thing down pat already. I have to hit mine at least three times in the morning before I get out of bed!

Good luck tomorrow with your root canal!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000