Dave, Tim, and Vic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2001 :  9:30:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
In one of these messages, someone mentioned an event w/ dmb where both tim and Victor Wooten soloed? Could somebody tell me where this was and if there's video/audio available. Thanx.

Insert Signature Here

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2001 :  9:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
That was 12.18.98, the show that is going to be released Oct.23rd/24th not sure on the date. If you have gotten the Tim Solo vids off of the TR ftp, these are taken from this very show. Victor Wooten had some very badass solos. In the video, it's cool how he is just up there on stage in a sweatshirt and vip pass, enjoying himself. There is also a guest sax player, Maceo Parker, who is a great saxophonist, he soloed on Jimi Thing i think.

Go to Top of Page

dirtysloth
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1302 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2001 :  9:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
11.21.98 Crown, Cinncinatti, Ohio

I have an audio copy of this and haven't actually listened to it. I will make a point to though and if/when I get my FTP up again I'll try to put some highlights of it on there. Or if anyone wants the whole thing, I'd be happy to B&P it.

Peace,
Patrick

http://members.tripod.com/one4tim/index.htm
Go to Top of Page

Silky The Pimp
Alien Abductee

3321 Posts

Posted - 10/17/2001 :  11:52:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Silky The Pimp an AOL message  Reply with Quote
There is so much "whosyodaddy" on that stage at one time it's crazy. Vic plays that solo like he were hammering out licks on a guitar. I would have liked to see something to the effect of he and Tim going back and forth trading licks, but that would pretty much be sensory overload. That would be like god arm-wresling himself.
-J

Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2001 :  12:43:48 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
The Chicago show that DMB is realeasing?! Wooten was on that!? AWSOME! Or was it some other show... then its just neat.

This may hurt a little but it's something you'll get used to - TOOL
Go to Top of Page

Dave S
Chatterbox

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2001 :  12:43:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Dave S an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Pretty sure Wooten is on it, along with Maceo and Tim. I assume this is the chicago show, in the Video dave says hi to the people watching on the web cast and cracks himself up at what he's doing with his hands. While he's talking about the webcast in a very baked sort of way, he his like, pretend typing on a keyboard, i don't think he was aware that he was doing that until he stopped talking then he started laughing and did the thiing with his hands again. Classic dave at his stonedest.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000