The guys that run Nancies are FUNNY
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  12:46:49 AM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Look what they did to their website for April fools day...make sure you at least read the first paragraph.

For those of you who are completely out of the loop, http://www.nancies.org

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!

tim~and~dave
Chatterbox

112 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  12:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sure is a lot of work for a joke that's not *that* funny.

but my hat's off to them, that's good for a laugh.

I'm going to give this "punctuation" thing a chance. How am I doing?
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  01:19:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Rippa, I was just coming to the board to post about it, but you beat me to it. That's hilarious.

I'm sure half the people who go to the site regularly will be apalled and disgusted.

Steve Hackett: "I'm my own opening act, you see."
Tim (before "Faceoff"): "Peace, love....and SEX!"
cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  03:16:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Are you sure they did it themselves and it wasn't a hack?
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  03:40:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point.

I can imagine John Mayer grinning maniacally while sitting at a computer "hacking" the site.

"I will make them all love me. All love me!"

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  05:15:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha.......I was flipping the channels and I saw a music video of his. I was blown away by the ratio of girls to guys in the audience. There were about 5 or 6 guys, and then a few thousand girls. It was really odd.

Gay marriage killed the dinosaurs.
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  08:27:46 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Ha, good thing I clicked the link. I was going to mention something about the people who run Nancies being Christian Nazis(in my experience). That is pretty funny though.

Note to self: Kill Mayer. Assume Identity. Improvise from there.

Robots are the enemy? Hmm...
Go to Top of Page

tim~and~dave
Chatterbox

112 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  08:39:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fleabass76

Note to self: Kill Mayer. Assume Identity. Improvise from there.

Don't improvise too much or everyone will know Mayer's been replaced.

I'm going to give this "punctuation" thing a chance. How am I doing?
Go to Top of Page

Saint Jude
Alien Abductee

USA
2144 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  11:22:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Saint Jude an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Don't improvise too much or everyone will know Mayer's been replaced.

hahah, o great pun there t-n-d.

Remember, turn off your tv. Read.
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  11:41:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Man, that is freakin' hilarious! It's only truly funny if you post a lot at nancies and see all these i hate john mayer threads. it's pretty good, way to go nancies!

www.myspace.com/smileymnbass

http://itunes.apple.com/us/preorder/quartet-art/id423870767

www.mattsmiley.blogpost.com
Go to Top of Page

Arthen
Alien Abductee

USA
4845 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  11:46:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They redid so much, even the music, about, and FAQ pages. Boredom fuels everything.

cbenc41@hotmail.com
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2003 :  11:58:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The only thing i don't like about it are the boards are temporarily gone. i was looking forward to posting some today in my study hall at school, so i guess i'll stick with the tim board today then.

Go to Top of Page

Waldo
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  01:13:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Waldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ha, good thing I clicked the link. I was going to mention something about the people who run Nancies being Christian Nazis(in my experience).
Uh...I'm Christian? Even I had no idea!

Of course, that raises the more interesting question as to whether being both Christian and a Nazi is even possible; some would argue that the two are fundamentally opposed. Then, the Nazis (in 1930s-1940s Germany) were all Christian, so I suppose anything is possible.

-Waldo Jaquith
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  02:06:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Naw........the Nazis hated the Jews, and the Christians hate them too. They're completely identical in every way. After all, look at the medals the officers wore....they were crosses. And the swastika is just an improved version of the cross (you know, to make it look kewler).

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  02:09:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Hey Waldo, seems everyone got a kick out of your april fools day gag. I wish I had gotten to see it, but I seem to have missed it. Oh well, maybe next year. Oh yeah, in another thread someone mentioned TR's bus hit a car, was that part of the gag or can this be confirmed?

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  02:19:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pcbTIM

Naw........the Nazis hated the Jews, and the Christians hate them too. They're completely identical in every way. After all, look at the medals the officers wore....they were crosses. And the swastika is just an improved version of the cross (you know, to make it look kewler).

Yeah, right -- Catholic Boy
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  06:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

Yeah, right -- Catholic Boy

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  07:19:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arthen

Good point.

I can imagine John Mayer grinning maniacally while sitting at a computer "hacking" the site.

"I will make them all love me. All love me!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, LMAO!!!

Go to Top of Page

Waldo
Is Anybody Here?

13 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  2:01:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit Waldo's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fluffy

Hey Waldo, seems everyone got a kick out of your april fools day gag. I wish I had gotten to see it, but I seem to have missed it. Oh well, maybe next year. Oh yeah, in another thread someone mentioned TR's bus hit a car, was that part of the gag or can this be confirmed?

That's just something on the boards. I found that thread this morning -- the fella swears up and down that it happened. It seems like a funny thing to make up, but I dunno. :)

Waldo Jaquith
waldo@nancies.org
Go to Top of Page

therippa
Fluffy-Esque

Kazakhstan
1099 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  2:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Send therippa an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You can still check it out here...

http://www.nancies.org/mayer/

Aspiring to Be Fluffy-Esque an Alien Abductee!
Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  3:38:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
flaming moe anyone?

Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  4:19:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am really hoping the other thread with the Bus story was fictitious because I don't know what disturbed me more, the fact that the bus smashed the car and the driver took off, or the fact that TIM supposedly ignored 3 fans and wouldn't take 2 sec to do autographs!

Not trying to judge, but just saying I am hoping it isn't true! (BTW I don't think it made a good April fools joke if that was the intent for the same reasons, it made TIM look like a schmuck!)

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Erich
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1427 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  8:24:59 PM  Show Profile  Send Erich an AOL message  Reply with Quote
just my thoughts on that pam... first off, honestly, if that bus story were true a lot more people wouldve mentioned it. i doubt switching buses in a day is possible, getting it repaired in an afternoon would be rediculous, and as was mentioned its a felony to hit and run like that. Daves drivers arent that stupid, and I doubt the passengers would allow it if they were.

The autographs thing though, i have two thoughts... when i met dave before the URI show (3/20) i was really hoping tim would come out and do an autograph or two, but he just had his guitar over his shoulder and didnt walk up to the crowd at all. it wasnt really noticable so it wasnt like he snuffed us, though it wouldve been nice. But knowing tims personality from spending just that short amount of time with him, if he doesnt sign autographs he must have his reasons, and if thats the case theyre such that they shouldnt be taken personaly. For all we know, he could feel not up to crowds due to his health (speculation, dont quote me), mightve been having a bad day, or might just be so humble as to allow dave the spotlight for fans since 90% of them are there for dave anyway.

but my feelings are that its totaly fake anyway.

~pw'oikr
~( ">
Go to Top of Page

PJK
Alien Abductee

USA
4159 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2003 :  8:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ahhh good, you made me feel better Erich! Thanks!

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  01:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Waldo

quote:

Ha, good thing I clicked the link. I was going to mention something about the people who run Nancies being Christian Nazis(in my experience).
Uh...I'm Christian? Even I had no idea!

Of course, that raises the more interesting question as to whether being both Christian and a Nazi is even possible; some would argue that the two are fundamentally opposed. Then, the Nazis (in 1930s-1940s Germany) were all Christian, so I suppose anything is possible.

-Waldo Jaquith

Hmm..I don't really remember why I put the christian part in there. Maybe Anal would be a better word. And actually, the Nazis did base much of their anti-semitism on christian principles, especially Martin Luther's writings.

Go to Top of Page

tericee
Alien Abductee

USA
2579 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  02:12:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit tericee's Homepage  Send tericee an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Since you go to LMU, which is a Catholic school, here are the two possibilities I came up with:

1) you're catholic, therefore you're a Nazi (nice logic, eh?)
2) you're undercover, using your position in a Jesuit stronghold to study the similarities between Christians and Nazis
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  04:23:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tericee

quote:

Since you go to LMU, which is a Catholic school, here are the two possibilities I came up with:

1) you're catholic, therefore you're a Nazi (nice logic, eh?)
2) you're undercover, using your position in a Jesuit stronghold to study the similarities between Christians and Nazis

Well........I am Aryan (blond hair blue eyes).....so you got me there. And as for your second theory, you couldn't be more wrong.

Go to Top of Page

Fluffy
Administrator

USA
10739 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  5:12:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Fluffy an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Nahhhh, pcbTIM is just a NARC!!! Did you ever find your badge?

Hey therippa, thanx for the link to the Mayer thing, it was quite amusing. I am going to have to tell my friend Ken to check it out. He is JM's tour manager(with a great sense of humor HEHE)

Peace & Keep the Faith
Fluffy
"THE MUSIC BUSINESS IS A CRUEL AND SHALLOW MONEY TRENCH-- A LONG PLASTIC HALLWAY WHERE THIEVES AND PIMPS RUN FREE AND GOOD MEN DIE LIKE DOGS. THERE'S ALSO A NEGATIVE SIDE..." -Hunter S. Thompson
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/03/2003 :  11:32:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Nahhhh, pcbTIM is just a NARC!!! Did you ever find your badge?

I have no idea what you are referring to. Narc? Where did this narc stuff come from?

Go to Top of Page

Fleabass76
Fluffy-Esque

USA
1026 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  12:49:55 AM  Show Profile  Send Fleabass76 an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Who cares!! It's Dancin' Hitler TIMe!!!

Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2003 :  06:28:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Haha! Is he doing the Charleston?

Go to Top of Page

victorwootenfan
Alien Abductee

USA
2128 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2003 :  8:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LMAO at the dancing hitler!!! that's the funniest thing i have seen in the past week. HAHAHAHA, good one!

Go to Top of Page

{=HTG=}
Alien Abductee

USA
2342 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2003 :  10:34:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha! Look at 'em dance.

'HTG, are you a cute girl?'
Go to Top of Page

pcbTIM
Alien Abductee

USA
6501 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2003 :  07:13:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit pcbTIM's Homepage  Send pcbTIM an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by {=HTG=}

Haha! Look at 'em dance.

Homer.

Go to Top of Page

joojoo
Is Anybody Here?

USA
46 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2003 :  3:46:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit joojoo's Homepage  Send joojoo an AOL message  Reply with Quote

...beyond words.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Tim Reynolds - Message Board © Back to the top Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000